Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

That Metal Show? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:20 pm

I've recently been listening to Eddie Trunk's radio show on satellite radio and I think he knows more about metal than we give him credit for. Sure, he's a fan-boy 1st and foremost (and hey, aren't all of us here to some extent?) and most of the topics he talks about are the more "main-stream" metal bands, but every once in awhile, he talk about something a little deeper that makes me think there's more than just a chubby Ace Frehley fanatic sitting there.

I'll tune into the new season of That Metal Show. Compared to some of the other crap that MTV/VH-1 networks try to pass off on their channels, it makes this show look like it was penned by Shakespear.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:35 pm

This is from Eddie Trunk's website, listing his favorites:
That Metal Show? - Page 4 StrangersInTheNight_tnUFO: Strangers In The Night

That Metal Show? - Page 4 HighAndDry_tnDef Leppard: High & Dry

That Metal Show? - Page 4 AppetiteForDestruction_tnGuns & Roses: Appetite For Destruction

That Metal Show? - Page 4 Alive!_tnKiss: Alive!
That Metal Show? - Page 4 TooFastForLove_tnMotley Crue: Too Fast For Love

That Metal Show? - Page 4 MasterOfPuppets_tnMetallica: Master Of Puppets

That Metal Show? - Page 4 NightOfTheCrime_tnIcon: Night Of The Crime
That Metal Show? - Page 4 TakingOver_tnOverkill: Taking Over

That Metal Show? - Page 4 Rising_tnRainbow: Rising Stargazer!
That Metal Show? - Page 4 FireDownUnder_tnRiot: Fire Down Under
That Metal Show? - Page 4 MetalOfHonor_tnTT Quick: Metal Of Honor
That Metal Show? - Page 4 LoveDrive_tnScorpions: Lovedrive
That Metal Show? - Page 4 Montrose_tnMontrose: Montrose
That Metal Show? - Page 4 LetYourDimLightShine_tnSoul Asylum: Let Your Dim Light Shine
That Metal Show? - Page 4 TheGreatRadioControversy_tnTesla: The Great Radio Controversy
That Metal Show? - Page 4 AlliedForces_tnTriumph: Allied Forces

That Metal Show? - Page 4 HolyDiver_tnDio: Holy Diver
That Metal Show? - Page 4 VanHalen_tnVan Halen: Van Halen
That Metal Show? - Page 4 ScreamingForVengeance_tnJudas Priest: Screaming For Vengeance
That Metal Show? - Page 4 Killers_tnIron Maiden: Killers
That Metal Show? - Page 4 NumberOfTheBeast_tnIron Maiden: Number Of The Beast
That Metal Show? - Page 4 HeavenAndHell_tnBlack Sabbath: Heaven & Hell
That Metal Show? - Page 4 Mechanix_tnUFO: Mechanix
That Metal Show? - Page 4 15_tnBuckcherry: 15
That Metal Show? - Page 4 PermanentWaves_tnRush: Permanent Waves
That Metal Show? - Page 4 Rocks_tnAerosmith: Rocks
That Metal Show? - Page 4 BlueMurder_tnBlue Murder: Blue Murder
That Metal Show? - Page 4 HighwayToHell_tnAC/DC: Highway To Hell
That Metal Show? - Page 4 SpreadingTheDisease_tnAnthrax: Spreading The Disease
That Metal Show? - Page 4 NewJersey_tnBon Jovi: New Jersey
That Metal Show? - Page 4 SlaveToTheGrind_tnSkid Row: Slave To The Grind
That Metal Show? - Page 4 DontSayNo_tnBilly Squier: Don't Say No
That Metal Show? - Page 4 BlackTiger_tnY&T: Black Tiger
That Metal Show? - Page 4 BlizzardOfOz_tnOzzy Osbourne: Blizzard Of Oz
That Metal Show? - Page 4 LedZeppelinII_tnLed Zeppelin: II
That Metal Show? - Page 4 StartingOver_tn
Raspberries: Starting Over
That Metal Show? - Page 4 CutsLikeAKnife_tnBryan Adams: Cuts Like A Knife
That Metal Show? - Page 4 PaulStanley_TNPaul Stanley: Paul Stanley

That Metal Show? - Page 4 AtBudokan_TNCheap Trick: At Budokan

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

What is the fella, stuck in 1981? The Paul Stanley album, really now? The answer is clearly the Ace Frehley one. What about all the goodness post-1981? He's got a lot of early goodness represented. But, excludes truckloads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
What is the fella, stuck in 1981? The Paul Stanley album, really now? The answer is clearly the Ace Frehley one. What about all the goodness post-1981? He's got a lot of early goodness represented. But, excludes truckloads.

There's at least 14 albums on the list post-1981.

It's actually a nice little collection of albums, there are some odd choices...but for the most part it's solid.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm

detuned wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

There's at least 14 albums on the list post-1981.

It's actually a nice little collection of albums, there are some odd choices...but for the most part it's solid.

Agreed...I was happy to see UFO - Mechanix on the list. A somewhat forgotten gem IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:45 pm

All of those albums were released in 1981.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Marc Mason wrote:

Crack is whack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

Crack is whack.

We got a black quarterback up in this hizzy, so step back.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Marc Mason wrote:

Now you're just making stuff up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 am

I actually agree with 23 out of the 39 titles. I just have no idea why he's confined himself to only records which came out in 1981. So stifling.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 am

What I didnot post is that he mentioned this was just a small sampling of his favorite CD's, also had comments on how he feels about these albums, he is very easy target as far as making fun of him, but I have to agree with Metalguy he knows alot more about metal than I have given him credit for and I think he is genuine fan of the genre.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am

good to see tt quick in there 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 am

Marc Mason wrote:

What are you stupid? Skid Row wasnt even around in 81
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught an episode last night and the guest was baseball player & metal fan Mike Piazza. Anyway, during part of the show, during a "Where are they now" segment, they discussed Vinnie Vincent and addressed a rumor that Vinnie has undergone a sex-change operation and was now a woman. The King Kobra singer Mark/Marcie was mentioned, so I know they weren't weren't confusing people.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Vinnie was now a woman? I never heard that before in my life, just wondering if anyone else had.

Just saw this now, yeah, that originally popped up a few years ago, due to something a neighbor of his said. Its not true, but its funny the smurf poo people will make up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:07 am

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught an episode last night and the guest was baseball player & metal fan Mike Piazza. Anyway, during part of the show, during a "Where are they now" segment, they discussed Vinnie Vincent and addressed a rumor that Vinnie has undergone a sex-change operation and was now a woman. The King Kobra singer Mark/Marcie was mentioned, so I know they weren't weren't confusing people.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Vinnie was now a woman? I never heard that before in my life, just wondering if anyone else had.

Just saw this now, yeah, that originally popped up a few years ago, due to something a neighbor of his said. Its not true, but its funny the smurf poo people will make up.

It's funny you bring this up again. Last week on Eddie's radio show, when he was talking to Geoff Tate, they addressed some rumors about Chris DeGarmo, then went on to talk about some other "Where are they now" type of guys and Eddie said that it's just impossible for some fans to understand why someone would just walk away from the music business or band spotlight and then make up reasons or what they are up to now. Vito Bratta from White Lion was one. There was a bunch of rumors floating around about him when the truth is, he just didn't want to do it anymore. He's not homeless or broke or insane. He's just not playing music anymore, plain and simple.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am

The more I see of his show the more I like it. He 's a good host (and seems like a genuine and decent guy) and the other 2 guys are good comic foils for him. I am looking forward to the new season. Peace.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm anxious for its return. As many production flaws that this show has, it's still the only metal show on T.V with any substance to it. Like I've stated before, the show needs to be expanded to a full hour. They're trying to cram too much into a 1/2 hour. I'm surprised that the newer season hasn't announced that they're going to a full hour.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 am

It's a pretty good show. I enjoy watching it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:21 am

Good gravy, bronto! That avatar is a bit large
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Sorry. It looks like someone fixed it for me. Thanks whoever did.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Glad to see AC/DC Highway to Hell there
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:12 pm

That Metal Show? - Page 4 Humor-last-day-2

Alright, I was more than just a little lit up over the last week or so. Just lookin' to have a bit o' fun with the silly lingo and the 1981 thing. If ya can't have fun and escape a bit on the internet, just where can ya go for that sorta thing, right? But, I'm wingin' it straight now. Let's see where that takes me. lol.

I noticed that Ed Trunk listed a couple of titles which I haven't heard in years. Not too sure what this list is really even meant to represent though. But, I noticed that he had the 'Blue Murder' album from back in 198(9). This was John Sykes band, who was fresh outta Whitesnake at this point. This guy had come up through the ranks of Badlands and Tygers of Pan Tang and really was a clutch player. I was never a mainstream music fan...but there was some slim pickins back then during that late-80's Kokk Rokk era.

There was only so many times one could hear ...And Justice For All and Operation: Mindcrime. So, me and a few of my closest friends decided to let a few of the more mainstream acts into our weekend party score. Tesla and G n' R wer no-brainers. High quality, no gimmick Hard Rock bands with great, accessible songs. And, the girls at these shows were fun to hang with. Whitesnake was definitely way too glitzy during this era, but the music was more akin to the Zeppelin that I was heavily into a couple years earlier, than any of the other gayper musical directions happening at the time.

I had no idea that Whitesnake already had a lenghty history which stemmed back from the Deep Purple tree of life. The production on the '87 self-titled album and its follow-up, Slip of the Tongue was way too commercial for my taste, but, then again, mostly everything at this time had that kind of slick, glossy production. So, from Whitesnake, it wasn't too far of a stretch to give 'Blue Murder' a shot. Thing is, now that I'm listening to this material once again, there's nothing that really just jumps out at me, reminding me of that first, initial exposure to the stuff. There's nothing memorable about any of this. In fact, I can't remember a single song, not even the single, whichever one that was.

So, the 'Blue Murder' debut wouldn't be on any list of mine. I'd much prefer giving the nod to either of the two Whitesnake releases from the era. Or, maybe one or two of the other Zeppelin clones which seemed to have plenty of our attention back then. There was the 'Kingdome Come' debut, which, when I toss it on every five years or so, still has me bobbing my head and singing along with its very catchy, very enduring melodies. That one was no fluke, no mere novelty. If it wasn't so heavily endebted to Plant and Co., it would be regarded with much more esteem by now. Then, ya had the Baby Bonham album. Jason Bonham's first album with that band which bore his name. Not bad at all. I picked up 'Disregard of Timekeeping' based on the strength of that clone-single, 'Wait For You'. But, the rest of it was good as well, and nowhere as Zep-charged as the single. These titles would be gettin my vote above the 'Blue Murder' release. Yet, Blue Murder was still much better than 99.9% of the stuff backing up from the sewer of daytime MTV.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 am

Not really a fan of Eddie Trunk but I did see this recent interview with him posted that I thought had some interesting insight. I especially liked the King's X comment.

Here's an excerpt. Link to full interview below.

FMQB: From your early days on the record side, you helped in the careers of many of Rock acts. Talk about some of the artists you’ve worked with.

ET: "The first act I signed was ACE FREHELY. My first show was KISS in '77 at MSG. If anyone told me I would be working with the lead guitarist and making them my first signing less than ten years later, I would have thought they were insane! I am still close with Ace to this day and proud to report he is sober and healthy. I remember the day the KINGS X demo came to the office. Jonny Z (Megaforce President) and I didn't know what to make of it, but we knew we had to work with them. They’re a great band that still has not been given their due. I’m still very close with the ANTHRAX guys. We worked with them in management as well as label. I did a short stint at Loud & Proud Management where we had six acts on six different majors. WHITE LION was the biggest act at the time. Many of the acts I was involved with on that level are still friends and now I work with them when they are guests of mine in TV and Radio. Having the label experience was great and helped me connect better with artists I interview. I miss some of the label A&R work and still dabble in it and help where I can when asked."

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/407155/pid/404043
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 am

Eddie Trunk is a little merry for Ace.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:43 am

That Buck Cherry album is out of place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next