Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 am

Anyone gonna watch this on VH1 classic? Eddie Trunk is the host with 2 others as well from what I seen doesn't look all that bad. Speaking of metal anyone been watching Metal Mania on VH1 and those 3 are hosting it as well and it actually adds more appeal to the show with them hosting it.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:38 am

I seen metal mania every now an then. Love the nostalgia.
Back to top Go down

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:27 am

Eddie Trunk is a doofus...knowing surface level, casual fan facts about all the obvious, well-known bands doesn't make one any kind of expert...I have a hard time listening to him.

And as for Metal Mania, I hate turning it on, hearing the intro music, then watching then launch into "When The Children Cry"...I love WHITE LION, but I'm about sick of video nostalgia at this point...I'll spin the records, but I don't want to see the same 10 Hair Band videos every time that show airs...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 am

I like Eddie Trunk and I know he is a fan of the music he spins. I am looking forward to the Metal Show on VH1 Classics, I just hope I am not disappointed. I shouldn't be I did not set my expections to high.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:00 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eddie Trunk is a doofus...knowing surface level, casual fan facts about all the obvious, well-known bands doesn't make one any kind of expert...I have a hard time listening to him..

Laughing very hard Eddie Trunk's ALWAYS been a doofus. Back when I was in high school, he used to appear on the Saturday night metal show on WDHA-FM here in Jersey (which was also, coincidentally, called "Metal Mania"), he'd come on at midnight and report the "metal news." He'd also occasionally fill in as DJ for the entire show when the regular hostess (the honey-voiced Cheryl Richards) was out. One time he put a caller on the air and sez "Do you have a request?" and the guy went "You're a poser" and hung up on him Laughing very hard

As for VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania," I watched that pretty faithfully when I first got digital cable but as Shawn sez, I got tired of seeing the same dozen or so Poison, Cinderella, Slaughter, etc. videos week after week after week. Yea, they'd throw on an Overkill or Flotsam & Jetsam vid once in awhile but before long the show became boring...

I'll probably check out the "That Metal Show" at least once or twice... if Eddie's still the same ol' doofus I doubt I'll become a regular viewer though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:05 am

I've listened to Eddie on XM and I've seen him on VH1 before.He's definitely a fan of metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:08 am

i'm not really into videos, so i doubt i'll be watching.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 am

Eddie Trunk is a bit of a doofus true, but my understanding is that he has been not only a fan but a supporter of metal but providing airplay etc. That being said I am looking forward to the show but as I said before my expections are not very high.
Back to top Go down

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 am

He does do what he can to push Metal, so points to him...but I just can't listen to him...I watched his "Hanging With RUSH" thing on VH1 and he was near unbearable...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He does do what he can to push Metal, so points to him...but I just can't listen to him...I watched his "Hanging With RUSH" thing on VH1 and he was near unbearable...

I agree that interview and the interview he did with Black Sabbath blew, he seemed to be trying to prove to the band what a fan and how knowledgeable he is, as opposed to doing a good interview.
Back to top Go down

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 am

He reminded me of Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney..." 'member when...'member when you were in The Beatles??...that was AWESOME!!"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:21 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I watched his "Hanging With RUSH" thing on VH1 and he was near unbearable...

Yea, I saw that too... should've been re-titled "Fanboy with Rush" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He even dropped the "go-to" old song for RUSH fanboys..."By-Tor And The Snow Dog"... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:20 pm

doubt it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 pm

I am sure I will watch a couple of shows, but I don't think I will become a regular viewer. Peace.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

LOL - I was just going to post a note saying he's a typical "fanboy", except instead of star wars, comics, start trek, etc, it's Metal.

At least he promotes Metal and that's a good thing.

I'll check out the show and see if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I dont get VH1 Classics so........no.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm

I think it looks interesting, so I will watch it. I'm trying to get Metal wherever I can get it, so if it's the least bit interesting, I will be a faithful viewer. What else could be on Saturday nights????? Probably not a whole hell of a lot.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Decent showing, though it was a bit corny at times. The VH 'man in the street' segment was pretty good and Lita Ford is still looking hot.

It's light years above and beyond that lame Talking Metal show, but I still doubt it will stick around for too long.

And why was this first episode recorded in June and just now airing?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 am

The reason it might not stick around very long is because the show is only a half hour long. Even though it's on VH1C people are not going to set aside time for a half hour show. I barely remembered it was on. I turned it on just prior to the VH Man in the Street (Which was hilarious), but before you know it, it was over...It needs to at least be an hour show. The premise of the show is cool, Eddie Trunk the informed guy, two funny guys, and a guest rock star. Anything related to talking with people on the street is cool, and they have a studio audience, not to mention they give away stuff for people who stump Eddie.

Solid show, but they need to make it an hour.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:43 am

I agree with MetalIn, the show needs to be expanded to an hour, but my understanding is that this was the pilot epsiode that was filmed in June or July, so I am sure they will make or may have already made some changes.

This show proves that metal is becoming more and more popular everyday, with even Rolling Stone magazine giving a cover to AC/DC and doing a feature story on RUSH and even for the first time in its history giving good reviews to metal oriented artist.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Watched it this morning and it is not what I expected. Eddie Trunk IMO knows only metal that is popular and doesn't have a clue about what truely is out there.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:07 pm

I caught the last half of it and thought it was pretty lame. Get rid of the comedy stuff and focus on the music dang it!!

And Eddie Trunk, as I expected, was an annoying doofus.

Quote :
Eddie Trunk IMO knows only metal that is popular

In Eddie's world, wearing a Y&T shirt on camera makes him more in touch with the "underground" Laughing

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Wow... Not love for Eddie. Very Happy

I actually like the guy. Yeah, he's corny (and a bit of a name dropper and suck up sometimes), but I think he's a likable guy still. He's apparently doing something that works. VH1 show, XM Radio show, New York radio show... Plus lots of artists seem to genuinely like him (or at least have a great time on his shows).
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:49 pm

But Eddie should give credit to those bands who a striving and giving back to us. And I'm not talking those he know's. I mean I never heard his XM radio show any of his others but from what I gather he isn't all that intuned with the true underground metal!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That Metal Show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next