Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

That Metal Show? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:18 pm

manny wrote:
Suing KI$$ is never a good career move.

It's like Jim Florentine or Don Jamieson said on "That Metal Show", Gene/Kiss are always going to have the better lawyers. Even if Vinnie's suit against them was legit; he never stood a chance. I'm sure Kiss has some Johnny Cochran like lawyer who got up and said, "If Vinnie can't prove sh!t, you must acquit"!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 pm

I am KI$$ fan, but I am sure Gene and Paul are outfront about how being in KI$$ is going to work, this your salary, if you co write a song you have signed a contract where we get the royalities and you get a paycheck for your services if you don't like there is the door. I am sure this was the arrangement in 80's when he joined and than was fired and I am sure this was the arrangement when he agreed to help them co write songs for the Revenge album.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:26 pm

finally got to see this show, and sucks. those dudes are not funny at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:41 pm

While channel surfing over the weekend I happened across "That Metal Show" and they were doing a "Best Of" episode made up of all clips from previous shows. First of all, it seemed kinda cheap to be doing a "clip show" already after what, a half dozen episodes, and besides, "The Best of That Metal Show" is a total oxymoron because the show still stinks. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
While channel surfing over the weekend I happened across "That Metal Show" and they were doing a "Best Of" episode made up of all clips from previous shows. First of all, it seemed kinda cheap to be doing a "clip show" already after what, a half dozen episodes, and besides, "The Best of That Metal Show" is a total oxymoron because the show still stinks. Laughing

A best of... already? Man, that's weak. I don't think the show out-right stinks. It's gotten better, but I guess that ain't saying much. That's like saying the dog turds in the back-yard don't stink as much as they did 2 weeks ago.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm

It's something to watch if you're bored but nothin great.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:15 pm

The show seems too short. They hurry through the segments and always seem all over the place.

Also, they are not funny. They come off more disturbing than funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Wait a minute, are you saying Vinnie Vincent is not a woman?

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've every seen these 2 together in the same room. Hmmmmm, maybe were onto something here?

That Metal Show? - Page 3 Mdmar91a

That Metal Show? - Page 3 Vinnievincent

Cool Vinnie Vincent pi.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:59 pm

xyz wrote:
The show seems too short. They hurry through the segments and always seem all over the place.

Also, they are not funny. They come off more disturbing than funny.

The show is way to short. Don't go to the bathroom for more than 5 minutes, or it might be over. I actually find Jim Florentine to be very funny, and Don Jamieson to be okay. The reason they're on the show is for the comic relief, but to also goof on Eddie, which seems pretty easy. I agree that the comedy can be a little forced. For instance, during the last "Stump the Trunk" (which isn't very hard to do), Jim always has his little moment where he reads a joke regarding Eddie. Eddie is so used to this by now that he guessed what was coming before Jim even had a chance to finish the joke. That's when you know "A bit" has been used to often.

I actually loved when they interviewed Van Halen fans on the street before Van Halen played "The Garden". The interviewing on the street seems to always be successful, and probably should be done again. Of course you don't want to go to the well to often, so it might help to have some other ideas. Also, I certainly don't want those who are heavy metal fans to be the butt of the joke all of the time, but this kind of humor certainly works, just watch Leno and Letterman. When they head out to talk with people, it tends to be the best stuff of the show when it airs.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 pm

manny wrote:
I like Eddie Trunk, sure he comes off more as a fanboy than a journalist at times but who cares, he has championed metal, and yes mostly mainstream metal but that is what he likes. I certainly like him better than that half brain dead moron of Hatebreed that hosted Headbanger's Ball.

Yeah. I think Eddie is cool. He is a fan of the music and happens to have a job on the radio and now tv. I would much rather watch/listen to him than most of the fools who claim to be cool cause of this or that. Eddie never claimed to be the super metal god nor did he say he is the guy who champions the "underground" scene so what gives. He is an over weight middle aged metal fan, so what that describes a lot of fans. Next time you go to a metal concert, look around you. I think he is honest and a true believer. You can bet that he really does listen to the stuff. As far as the show, well that has a lot to do with the production staff. Eddie only has so much room to do/say what he wants. it's tv. I would like them to improve on the show and bring it up to par cause right now it is only watchable because of the subject matter. I am personally sick of the want-a-be Howard Sterns and washed up think they are rock stars that know so little but yet waste so much air. Eddie Trunk is one of the few radio personalities that actually listens and loves the music and acts like a real person.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I think if they went to an hour show that would open the door for the guest to possibly paly a song or two. It would also get rid of the chaos/rushed feel that the show has. I don't know if it will ever be a great show but not bad. Also increasing to an hour would allow for more interview time, the interview with Malmsteen and Ace Frehely were way too short.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:11 pm

They also need to make it longer so Eddie Trunk could fawn over the guest a little longer, maybe feed them some grapes, remind the audience every so often that him and Ace are truly close friends.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Just saw a promo on VH1 Classic for the new season of "That Metal Show," which will premiere on March 7th... if anyone still cares...

One would hope that perhaps Eddie and the boys have been trolling some metal internet forums like this one and reading what people think about the show, and possibly make some changes!!

(If anyone from VH1 Classic happens to be reading this: Keep Eddie Trunk if you must, but get rid of the other two what's-his-nuts guys and make me the permanent co-host I know more about metal than either of those doofuses put together. Eddie can still fawn over all the leftover hair metal dudes and I'll talk about what's REALLY going on in the scene. Sound good? I work cheap. Contact me via this board.) Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Actually people on this board could make a really cool show, you have ULT segements on Christian metal and album reviews, Freddy can interview the guest, MC666 could handle the underground metal bands, detuned the classic metal aspect, shiney and toho the sleeze metal scene and rattpoison could have his obsure album pick of the week, and rest of us could alternate hosting.

Schump could fetch us beer during film.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 pm

manny wrote:
Actually people on this board could make a really cool show, you have ULT segements on Christian metal and album reviews, Freddy can interview the guest, MC666 could handle the underground metal bands, detuned the classic metal aspect, shiney and toho the sleeze metal scene and rattpoison could have his obsure album pick of the week, and rest of us could alternate hosting.

Schump could fetch us beer during film.

Eyesore could b!tch slap people in the studio audience.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Wow I must be to easygoing or easily entertained cause I like watching this show. I've watched every episode. The hosts have never gotten on my nerves but I am not familiar with them before so I guess I'm not biased. I've thought that the show is too short though. They try and cram a lot of stuff into the 20 minutes or whatever is left when you take out the commercials.

I realize not everyone likes everything but hell its a show about hard rock and metal. The only one I know of so its entertaining to me. But than again I rarely watch TV so when its actually something I care about I dig it.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:09 am

I think it's a pretty cool show. I've got them all saved on my DVR. Some people are just impossible to please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm

This is a show with unlimited, untapped potential. But it will inevitably be cancelled before the middle of the year. Trunk's got a healthy amount of knowledge on the history of Metal, and probably a decent degree of knowledge of the current scene. But, the show is real surface level stuff. I actually predicted the Sabbath vs. Zeppelin and Maiden v.s Priest throwdowns which they've used already. Way too predictable. I don't think any of the three hosts possess any substantial in-depth knowledge about Heavy Metal. If they did, they'd be able to speak in detail about a whole slate of recent releases and have the power to send viewers out to pick up noteworthy acquisitions. Not a word has been mentioned about recent titles by Testament, Onlsaught, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Dio, Maiden, Priest, Exodus, Candlemass, etc., etc., etc. There should be a 'Reviewer's Section', where all three are assigned a couple of the same titles to listen to and then be asked to speak about in some detail. This would go a far distance for new and re-emerging bands. There's a ton of great material out there. I truly feel that the last five or so years has been Metal's overall best. The comedy angle of the show is refreshing and this lends credence to Trunk's two sidekicks, who otherwise wouldn't have any business being up there at all. I think that Don Jamieson's extent of Metal knowledge begins and ends with Anvil and UFO. lol. If I had any kind of motivation, I'd write to these guys and give 'em a ton of contructive criticism. What do you guy feel about this show?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I pick on the show a bit, but I do enjoy the show I just wish it was longer than a half hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Fact o' the matter is that e'rythin can be improved upon. Especially a directionless program which was no-doubt jammed together by three goofy, yet likeable, middle-aged rockheads. I would pay cash for the laugh which would ensue from witnessing the 'pitch meeting' which had to precede this show actually making it into production.

Imagine the three of 'em interrupting each other with their loosely-forulated ideas and half-thoughts which are scribbled on the back of matchbook covers and napkins. What they really needed there was me to get all the good stuff fleshed out and in a concise, coherent form. I have an opportunity right now to get things right with a local, independent film-makers' script. Let's see if I run with the ball or drop it. I have to make the former happen. Not to self: Make things happen. Run with ball...run far, complete TD.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 am

Here are the guest for the upcoming season;

THAT METAL SHOW SEASON 2 on VH1 Classic. All shows are the premiere dates and air at 11PM ET/PT. Shows repeat several times all week so check your listings.
3/7: Vinnie Paul
3/14: Anthrax/Frank Bello
3/21: Gary and Nuno of Extreme
3/28: Rob & Lips from Anvil
4/4: Duff McKagan, Lemmy
4/11: Geoff Tate, Lars Ulrich
4/18: Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy
4/25: Ronnie James Dio & Geezer Butler
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 am

I wonder if that Vinnie Paul segment will be similar to a QVC segment with him selling various kitchen appliances.

I wish this show was an hour and not a half an hour. Surely the network can hold off showing the "20 Greatest _______ of All Time" shows for an extra 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

I'd tune in for the show with Robb & Lips from Anvil. Hell, I'm surprised that Eddie Trunk even knows who Anvil is.

Extreme? Puh-leeeeeeze.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd tune in for the show with Robb & Lips from Anvil. Hell, I'm surprised that Eddie Trunk even knows who Anvil is.

Extreme? Puh-leeeeeeze.

We should have a betting pool around the airing of that episode to name which host will be wearing the obilgatory Anvil shirt and say that they have been an Anvil fan since the start. Smile
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 am

I think its a good show Ive seen a few episodes
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next