Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

That Metal Show? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Will Rob Halford be Eddie Trunk's "Jawbreaker"?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Some scoop on the forthcoming season of "TMS" -- looks like only the season premiere (Anvil) will be one hour, the rest of the shows will still be 30 minutes.

Quote :
All this fall, watch Don, Jim and Eddie as they talk about the latest news in classic hard rock and metal, as well as hit the road to connect with fans and pull some hysterical man-on-the-street pranks. "That Metal Show" is also proudly bringing back your favorite studio segments, like "Whatever Happened To", the host's "Pick Of The Week" and, of course, their weekly battle to settle all metal battles and end all debates, once and for all, in "The Throwdown". This season also introduces interview and man-on-the-street segments sponsored by Miller High Life beer called "Living the High Life" where viewers will get a first-hand look at the guys pulling hysterical pranks on the road and connecting with fans. Whether it's Eddie kissing Ace Frehley's VH1 Rock Honors ring or Jim or Don getting into the action on stage, viewers can expect the unexpected.

Fans can catch all of season one and season two online at VH1Classic.com. New episodes will launch online every Monday morning following the show's on-air premiere. Additionally, fans can also ask a "Whatever Happened To" question to the guys via the VH1 Blog. Select questions may end up on air.

Upcoming "That Metal Show" tapings:

September 28:

ANVIL - Hard Rock Café Taping - 7:00 p.m. ET (airs October 3 at 11:30 p.m. ET)

September 30:

Show 1: Chris Jericho (FOZZY, WWE) - 3:00 p.m. ET
Show 2: Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 7:

Show 1: Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 14:

Show 1: Steve VaiThat Metal Show? - Page 6 2 - 3:00 p.m. ET
Show 2: Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 20:

Show 1: RATT (Stephen Pearcy and Warren DeMartini) - 3PM ET
Show 2: Sebastian Bach - 4:30 p.m. ET

Interesting list of guests. i'll tune in for the Halford, Blackie Lawless,and Anvil episodes. But I still hate Eddie Trunk. That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_lol

Am I the only one who wishes they'd get rid of the stupid "Man on the street" and "Throwdown" crap and maybe, I dunno, feature a live performance (!! what a concept!!) by the guest artist of the day? I'd rather watch that than sit through the dumb segments where Eddie and The Two Dorks try to be funny.

Thanks for the episode listing. I had heard it was debuting soon. It looks like a good lineup. I will be looking forward to hearing from RATT as well, since they're working on a new album. I don't mind the "Man on the Street" segment. Some of the best comedic moments are when guys like Leno or Letterman hit the streets. The problem is Eddie Trunks sidekicks are getting to be a little to noticeable, which makes the gags less funny. The "Throw down" can be thrown out. They never really come to any real consensus on who's right, and Don Jameson likes to think that his view reigns supreme. Unless you're going to have devices in the stands (which the show can't afford) to refute or backup the thoughts of the panel up on stage, then this thing has run its course. I agree with a live performance, but I don't know where the band would play? That stage is small!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 am

Well it's better than what we had before.... NOTHING!

Eddie I don't mind, but the other two dorks are just that.... WHO CARES get 2 other guys who have passion for the music and aren't just trying to Eddie tattoo'd....

I don't mind the Throwndown but no more Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Van Halen (who've done nothing in a million years...) ,

How 'bout who's the most overlooked band in metal.... saxon? armored saint? grave digger? primal fear? at least here in the states... They could have some INTELLIGENT discussion about that instead of talking about getting laid, drunk, looking down the box of junk girls top... whatever else...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i'm not really into videos, so i doubt i'll be watching.

They don't show videos.
then why air on a music video network? is it a game show? reality tv?

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:22 am

mc666 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i'm not really into videos, so i doubt i'll be watching.

They don't show videos.
then why air on a music video network? is it a game show? reality tv?

It's more like a talk show. Vh1 Classic calls it a metal version of "The View."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Quote :
October 7:

Show 1: Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 14:

Show 1: Steve VaiThat Metal Show? - Page 6 2 - 3:00 p.m. ET
Show 2: Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 20:

Show 1: RATT (Stephen Pearcy and Warren DeMartini) - 3PM ET
Show 2: Sebastian Bach - 4:30 p.m. ET

That's an awesome list of guests right there, I'll be checking those shows out definitely.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:59 am

I will attend to this one today. I'll get out at 4pm of my job I hope, and then head out to NY, hopping to be there soon. I have to be there around five, and the show will start around 9pm. .I'll be with an Ultimatum Shirt That Metal Show? - Page 6 Halford , and will try to give a cd from Ultimatum to they guys from Metal Show, but I don't know how they are going to react, I hope they are nice and get it
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 am

powermacho wrote:
I will attend to this one today. I'll get out at 4pm of my job I hope, and then head out to NY, hopping to be there soon. I have to be there around five, and the show will start around 9pm. .I'll be with an Ultimatum Shirt That Metal Show? - Page 6 Halford , and will try to give a cd from Ultimatum to they guys from Metal Show, but I don't know how they are going to react, I hope they are nice and get it

good luck dude, I'll be watching for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am

Decent show but Eddie Trunk is That Metal Show? - Page 6 91480
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm

325ad wrote:
Decent show but Eddie Trunk is That Metal Show? - Page 6 91480

That Metal Show? - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Ok so I went yesterday. The experience was surreal. We had to be there at 5:30pm to check in, so around 6 where most of the people where on line we were getting our names on the list, and at 8 we got in hard rock cafe. Inside they set up a studio on the stage, where the equipment for the concert was behind the curtain. Right before the show was going to be shutting, the guys of metal show threw some shirts and did a little talk with the audience, my friend got complemented for wearing a rare Alcatrazz shirt that he got on ebay. I was wearing an ULTIMATUM shirt, and right before STUMP THE TRUNK I gave Jimm a cd from Ultimatum, he ask me if that was my band, what style it was and where they are from. of course that was not filmed but I hope he talks about the band some day somehow. The band ANVIL got interview, and they are the most humble musicians I have even seen. They where very nice guys. Also the new singer from Accept was hanging out in the studio, I would be surprised by that since he is a friend from EDDIE. At the end Anvil closed the show by playing 3 songs, and a new one called "Flying Blind" which is one of my favorite from their latest album. I have to thank the guys from Metal Show to give us an amassing experience yesterday.
It will be aired this Saturday at 11:30pm. This will be an hour episode, but they filmed like 2 hours, so I don't know what exactly will be on the show
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Anyone see the recent one with Blitz and DD from Overkill? Later in the show Jim Gillette from Nitro came out looking like a punk rock verion of Roddy Piper. The dude doesn't even look like the same person. That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:46 pm

powermacho wrote:
Ok so I went yesterday. The experience was surreal. We had to be there at 5:30pm to check in, so around 6 where most of the people where on line we were getting our names on the list, and at 8 we got in hard rock cafe. Inside they set up a studio on the stage, where the equipment for the concert was behind the curtain. Right before the show was going to be shutting, the guys of metal show threw some shirts and did a little talk with the audience, my friend got complemented for wearing a rare Alcatrazz shirt that he got on ebay. I was wearing an ULTIMATUM shirt, and right before STUMP THE TRUNK I gave Jimm a cd from Ultimatum, he ask me if that was my band, what style it was and where they are from. of course that was not filmed but I hope he talks about the band some day somehow. The band ANVIL got interview, and they are the most humble musicians I have even seen. They where very nice guys. Also the new singer from Accept was hanging out in the studio, I would be surprised by that since he is a friend from EDDIE. At the end Anvil closed the show by playing 3 songs, and a new one called "Flying Blind" which is one of my favorite from their latest album. I have to thank the guys from Metal Show to give us an amassing experience yesterday.
It will be aired this Saturday at 11:30pm. This will be an hour episode, but they filmed like 2 hours, so I don't know what exactly will be on the show

I missed this post. Thanks for giving them an Ultimatum CD. You never know whose hands it might get into.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone see the recent one with Blitz and DD from Overkill? Later in the show Jim Gillette from Nitro came out looking like a punk rock verion of Roddy Piper. The dude doesn't even look like the same person. That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_lol

I have a coupla new episodes on my Tivo that I haven't got around to watching yet.

Jim's real big now, right? Wasn't he trying to get into pro wrestling at one point?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
Wasn't he trying to get into pro wrestling at one point?

Not sure... but i wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I caught the rerun of that episode this morning. Jim Gillette looked ridiculous.

I loved it when Blitz and DD threatened to "take the show away" from Eddie and the Two Dorks. I so wish they would!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Peter Criss is the guest tonight. That Metal Show? - Page 6 11840

I missed the Tommy Lee, Vai and Bach episodes. Sad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Peter Criss is the guest tonight. That Metal Show? - Page 6 11840

I missed the Tommy Lee, Vai and Bach episodes. Sad

Tommy Lee canceled and the dude from Hatebreed was the guest, if you go to VH1 classics you can watch all the epsiodes you missed.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I was wondering why he was on the show. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:11 am

From Eddie Trunk's website, I am shocked.

09-Dec-09Kerri Lee Tucker RIP
12/9/09: In Los Angeles and woke up this morning to some very sad and tragic news that Kerri Lee Tucker AKA "Miss Box Of Junk" on That Metal Show has passed away. I have no details at all as to what happened. Kerri was a great part of the show and we had fun with her on the days we shot. I did not know her well outside of our working relations but she was fun to have as part of TMS in Seasons 2 & 3. We featured her prominently in our final skit of season 3 which just aired and featured Peter Criss. A fun day at Le Cirque. My condolences to her friends, fans and family and she will be missed as an asset to TMS. More info when I have it and return to the East Coast on Friday. This has been a big shock to all. RIP Kerri Lee.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am

Well, that sucks. She was cute. Sad

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 am

Wow! That's shocking. She was very young.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! That's shocking. She was very young.

Very shocking.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 pm

that is crazy.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

It's always sad when you hear about someone so young dying. Her death is tragic no matter what we find out in the coming days, but I hope that it doesn't involve drugs or that of suicide. She was more or less a staple of the show this past season, so it will be interesting to see if they just forgo the "Stump the Trunk" segment, or if they just change the format completely on how the prizes are presented.

R.I.P. Kerri Lee Tucker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next