Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests

Go down 
+14
EmoElmo
Wargod
Temple of Blood
Getizzyback
NYCAnt
brokentulsa
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
manny
MetalGuy71
Andy
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Empty
PostSubject: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 am

As exciting as the last season of VH1 Classic’s That Metal Show, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson are back for the tenth season of the show that’s revered by metalheads and musicians alike, and although the show won’t be back until Saturday, March 31, we just got our hands on a sneak preview of the first batch of confirmed guests and it’s a DOOZY.
Leading the way will be a first time That Metal Show appearance by Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, which we are totally geeking out in anticipation of. “I’ve known the Maiden guys for a long time and been a fan since day one,” host Eddie Trunk told us. “They are easily one of the most requested bands to have a member of on TMS. Because they are such a global band it’s been hard to track them down, but thrilled we were able to catch up with Adrian. It will be cool because we don’t hear from him often, he’s a great guy, has a huge history with the band, and has a new side project to discuss.”
We asked Eddie if there’s any chance that he’d dress up as Iron Maiden’s infamous mascot, Eddie The Head, for the show. His reply? “I do have a mask, so you never know…”
Also on the docket this season will be appearances from Jason Newsted (another TMS newbie!), Metallica‘s Lars Ulrich, Motorhead‘s Lemmy Kilmister and the one and only Alice Cooper. “We’re super psyched about this lineup, as is Eddie Trunk. “I’m so excited about the evolution of the show, having rock and metal artists, and first time and returning guests,” he told us. “I love all the variety and am thrilled for a huge 2012!”
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:31 am

It would be interesting if Lars and Jason were booked for the same episode.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:40 am

FINALLY! Di'Anno has also expressed interest in being an actual guest on the show, aside from the bit he did with Don and Jim a few seasons back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 am

Quote :
Leading the way will be a first time That Metal Show appearance by Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, which we are totally geeking out in anticipation of

Nice to hear something from someone other than Bruce or Steve. Hope he has something interesting to say.

Quote :
It would be interesting if Lars and Jason were booked for the same episode.

Now that would be exciting. I'm starting to lose interest in this show. It's getting a bit repetitive. I was a fan for awhile now, but I think it's run it's course. I have 3 or 4 episodes on my tivo that I haven't watched yet, and don't care if I do anytime soon.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:24 pm

I still watch the show, but novelty has worn off, and honestly these three guys are not that interesting and add nothing to discussion of the genre, or asking any interesting questions. Its like a metal's answer to Barbara Walters fluff pieces, all that is missing is Eddie "I am one with the stars' Trunk ask Marilyn Manson what kind of tree would he like to be.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:33 pm

I expect the format will change or the show will die off.

Having an interactive segment with viewers would be interesting (the what ever happened to thing is usually tied into the guest list somehow or another) I would dig having a weekly album or song chart of recent releases. It would make current stuff applicable and/or relevant, but taping pre-recorded segments might make that idea a bust ?

The episode where they went on the road to Wacken was kewl and could've/should've been expanded apon. I know we have discussed the pro's and con's of live performance in the past.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Finally some good guests. I rarely watch this show as it is.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

I thought the last season for the most part was an absolute snooze fest, as the guests were average. The puff piece with Axl Rose was a complete joke. I think that's the only show where they actually had to accommodate the individual. Oh how Axl hasn't changed. Anyways, enough about that assclown. I was pretty excited to see Andrew "Dice" Clay, but then I realized the guy isn't funny anymore. Funny enough, they were the bookends for last season. I hope this season is better.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 pm

i wish they would not only promote newer eurometal but have some guest like Jorn or Gamma Ray or crashdiet. Also wonder if they will do some kind of cool tribute to Mark Reale and Riot.
Back to top Go down
NYCAnt
Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I hope they get rid of the TMW top five segment this year - all Eddie does is whine....OY!!!
Back to top Go down
NYCAnt
Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 pm

I meant TMS...sorry...you know what I mean....

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests 438278
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 pm

NYCAnt wrote:
I hope they get rid of the TMW top five segment this year - all Eddie does is whine....OY!!!

I find it annoying because whine's like a bitch!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
i wish they would not only promote newer eurometal but have some guest like Jorn or Gamma Ray or crashdiet. Also wonder if they will do some kind of cool tribute to Mark Reale and Riot.

Nobody at VH1 Classic gives a rat's ass about "newer" bands, since they're a "retro" targeted channel.

...Trunk probably wouldn't know any of those bands if they bit him on his Pillsbury Dough Boy ass anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I liked seeing the Traci Guns episode. Since no one here obviously likes the show, they should just change it to all things hard rock and "hairy" metal.....That would suit me, I'm really not into Priest, Maiden, and Metallica. Not big on Motorhead either.

They could change the name to That Hard Rock Show.

To support, heavier acts and thrash (which the majority here seem to prefer) they should come out with an all new That Metal Show, and let either Marilyn Manson or the dudes from Slipknot host it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:00 am

Trunk doesn't even know who FATES WARNING are so I have zero respect for his show or his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 am

New show won't be aroiund till may,

wargod
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 am

Getizzyback wrote:

To support, heavier acts and thrash (which the majority here seem to prefer) they should come out with an all new That Metal Show, and let either Marilyn Manson or the dudes from Slipknot host it.

TRUE THAT

They seem to force feed the Audience and Viewers that the greatest Bands on Earth are the once that THEY like and grew up listening to, Man, That show is cringe-worthy at times.... angry

If they could come up with a poll that's like "Top 5 Greatest Metal Albums" I'm pretty sure WHITESNAKE and TESLA would be on there lists sign

Nothing against 'has-been' artists but...they need to be RELEVANT sometimes, we're not living in the 80's are we? This is more like a Nostalgia show and nothing else
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 am

NYCAnt wrote:

yes, very much so. I only really watch the show for the guests. Those 3 guys I could take em or leave em.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

manny wrote:
I still watch the show, but novelty has worn off, and honestly these three guys are not that interesting and add nothing to discussion of the genre, or asking any interesting questions. Its like a metal's answer to Barbara Walters fluff pieces, all that is missing is Eddie "I am one with the stars' Trunk ask Marilyn Manson what kind of tree would he like to be.

I agree much of the questions are fluff but I still watch and enjoy the show. There's nothing else like it so I'll take what I can get. Razz

I think one of the worst episodes was the Manson episode. And not because he was the guest or even how he acted but because how Eddie kept sucking up to him and laughing at his weird drunk jokes. Eddie is always someone's fan "from the beginning". To hear him tell the story, you'd think he was the only guy who "got" Manson during the '90s.

The show isn't meant to be a confrontational interview but there are a few awkward moments when the guests are obviously full of it or not even making sense and all three of them are just like "very cool, man".

The editing has always been a MAJOR problem for me. Some of the interviews don't really flow all that well. I wonder how much they usually cut out of each segment.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:00 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
The editing has always been a MAJOR problem for me. Some of the interviews don't really flow all that well. I wonder how much they usually cut out of each segment.

Though I've never spent a minute behind the scenes in a production studio, I'm guessing that I probably could do a better job cutting and pasting that show together, because that's what it literally is on a weekly basis. There really isn't any ebb and flow as it pertains to the show, because of the editing. Maybe some of the blame should go to it's hosts, but it's amateur hour regarding that production staff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 am

I heard Jim Florentine on the radio the other night promoting the upcoming season and he said Lars asked to come on the show again to defend Lulu. That could be interesting.

Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am

Lulu - good career move - that's what happens when you stop caring...I'd rather they release Garage Days Part 100 or Son of Master of Puppets or more of your favorites featuring Marianne Faithful....UGH!!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I heard Jim Florentine on the radio the other night promoting the upcoming season and he said Lars asked to come on the show again to defend Lulu. That could be interesting.

Haha, WOW, what for Laughing very hard The project was a major catastrophe, it is written, James is THE table..and so it shall be Laughing
I would be more excited if he announces something like "We're in the process of writing new songs, don't worry it'll not sound like LOAD or DEATH MAGNETIC, this is real heavy stuff, We got rid of Rick Rubin and that stupid Engineer who f#cked up the sound of our last record, old school Metallica fans, you're in for a huge surprise" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

TRUE THAT

They seem to force feed the Audience and Viewers that the greatest Bands on Earth are the once that THEY like and grew up listening to, Man, That show is cringe-worthy at times.... angry

If they could come up with a poll that's like "Top 5 Greatest Metal Albums" I'm pretty sure WHITESNAKE and TESLA would be on there lists sign

Nothing against 'has-been' artists but...they need to be RELEVANT sometimes, we're not living in the 80's are we? This is more like a Nostalgia show and nothing else
My problem is there is not much "relevant" out there these days (not much hard rock anymore) Velvet Revolver won't patch things up, Axl and his new Guns just tour and I just can't get into Nickelback.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Full list revealed - one whole hour with Adrian Smith..... AND the guest guitarist is Michael Schenker!!!!! They nailed that one!!!!!!

06-Mar-12 TMS S10 GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT
Here is the final official guest lineup for That Metal Show season 10 with the premiere dates for the episodes on VH1 Classic at the usual time of 11PM ET. For the first time ever we will be having guest drummers play us into the breaks. Hope you like some of the great first time and returning guests. As always, please note, if there is a major artist who has not yet been on TMS and you want to see tell THEM not us! We ask the major acts EVERY season, THEY have to want to do the show. Even though VH1 has final approval on all guests, booking these bands is a huge part of my behind the scenes role on TMS and I can tell you every major act has been approached every season. It is simply up to them if/when they appear. That being said, excited about the great guests we have coming up for you in season 10, as well as what should be a huge 2012 for That Metal Show. Thanks for watching. We start shooting these shows in LA this Sunday. Follow on Twitter @eddietrunk for news, info and photos from the set.
That Metal Show Season 10:

3/31: Lars Ulrich, Robb Flynn (Machine Head). Mike Portnoy guest drummer

4/7: Alice Cooper, Jack Russell (Great White). Brian Tichy guest drummer

4/14: George Lynch, Jeff Pilson, Mick Brown. Tichy on drums

4/21: Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden). Michael Schenker on guitar

4/28: Jason Newsted, Lemmy. Michael Schenker on guitar

5/5: Michael Schenker, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam). Frank Hannon on guitar

5/12: Billy Duffy & Ian Astbury (The Cult), Doro. Frank Hannon on guitar

5/19: Bobby Blotzer (Ratt), Steve Riley & Phil Lewis (LA Guns). Steve Stevens on guitar

5/26: David Draiman (Disturbed), Russell Allen & Mike Orlando (Adrenaline Mob). Mike Portnoy on drums

6/2: Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Hellyeah) Tommy Shaw & James Young (Styx). Steve Stevens on guitar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next