Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

That Metal Show? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I caught the last half of it and thought it was pretty lame. Get rid of the comedy stuff and focus on the music dang it!!

And Eddie Trunk, as I expected, was an annoying doofus.

Quote :
Eddie Trunk IMO knows only metal that is popular

In Eddie's world, wearing a Y&T shirt on camera makes him more in touch with the "underground" Laughing

Didn't we cover this last Monday? lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
But Eddie should give credit to those bands who a striving and giving back to us. And I'm not talking those he know's. I mean I never heard his XM radio show any of his others but from what I gather he isn't all that intuned with the true underground metal!

I never thought Eddie stood for "true underground metal". surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I'd rather Eddie Trunk be a figurehead for metal than some douche bag that never made it out of the 80's that just says "metal!" in a growling voice all the time and does this 🤘

Eddie's pretty articulate about what he knows. Sure he may not know alot about underground stuff, but then alot of the guys that know about the underground only knows general stuff about more mainstream stuff.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 am

I like Eddie Trunk, sure he comes off more as a fanboy than a journalist at times but who cares, he has championed metal, and yes mostly mainstream metal but that is what he likes. I certainly like him better than that half brain dead moron of Hatebreed that hosted Headbanger's Ball.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 pm

I gave up on this show after two episodes. I really, really REALLY tried to put aside my personal dislike for Eddie Trunk and focus instead on showing support for our beloved genre but after two shows, I couldn't take it. Everyone on this show acts like a stereotypical "METAL" doofus. With all the stupid so-called "comedy" sketches, this show comes off more like the old "Wayne's World" segments from Saturday Night Live (but not nearly as funny).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I like the show a little bit more than you do Freddy, but I have to agree with your points regarding the audience and " comedy bits".

I also wonder why they have special guests, Yngwie Malmsteen and Lita Ford barely got in a word, Dee Snider and Jay Jay French being New Yorkers spoke about what they wanted to which was really cool.

I am looking for the show to improve as it moves forward, plus where else are going to see Lita Ford, Yngwie and Twisted Sister on any shows as guest? They need to do away with the comedy and do more depth interviews, but than a half hour isn't a lot of time.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Saw the last show with Dee & Jay Jay better than the last 2. The Stump The Trunk they do is so lame if he actually knew anything about metal I'd be impressed and most of the questioned being asked are really not so hard IMO.

Wonder what he would do if he was asked what bands did Gus G play for? Doubt he would know!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Yeah, the Dee episode was miles ahead the last two. Though the Yngwie ep. was better than the firs episode. So at least they're learning.

Does anyone else think when the hosts argue it seems a bit forced? Like they're trying seem controversial just for the sake of it?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Saw the last show with Dee & Jay Jay better than the last 2. The Stump The Trunk they do is so lame if he actually knew anything about metal I'd be impressed and most of the questioned being asked are really not so hard IMO.

Wonder what he would do if he was asked what bands did Gus G play for? Doubt he would know!

Wargod48

I actually pity Eddie when it comes to this. I thought the James Hetfield question was an easy one, even though I'm a Metallica fanboy. James getting burned that night was followed up by Axl taking GNR off the stage early, because he was having problems with his throat, and the fact that the band couldn't hear themselves playing. That eventually would lead to an all out riot. So, why Eddie thought this happened in Salt Lake City is beyond me. They would be one of the last cities that I would put on the probable riot list.

Poor Eddie...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :
And as for Metal Mania, I hate turning it on, hearing the intro music, then watching then launch into "When The Children Cry"...I love WHITE LION, but I'm about sick of video nostalgia at this point...I'll spin the records, but I don't want to see the same 10 Hair Band videos every time that show airs...

Same here. It was fine the first few times, but now it's too repetitive.

As for That Metal Show, I've watched 2 episodes so far and I'm not impressed. I get more info here at the HoM that I would watching them dorks. Lita was a bore with no opinions or sense of humor and Yngwie was his usual "too cool for the room" self.

I don't mind Eddie Trunk. Sure, he can be a bit of a doofus, but he's ok with me.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Eddie Trunk is the luckiest Metal Dork on the planet...
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:56 pm

2 things first Ed has been promoting mainstream heavy for what 25 years or so. Thats a pretty cool deal, I wish there were more shows out there like that. 2 he probably has little or no say as far as video's are guest he has, pretty much like the Headbangersball current or back in the day. So even though the show is ok at best, I get a kick out of watching it.-TJ
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Eddie Trunk is alright. Of course I've never heard him in anything more than small doses. I could see where he could get irritating quick.

I thought the show was okay for what it was. But probably not something I would regularly remember to watch.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 pm

The shows ok from what I've seen. Trunk does seem to focus on more mainstream metal, but metal is metal.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Eddie Trunk has to focous on mainstream metal, VH1 isn't going spring on a show if his guest where all from corpse painted cookie monster underground death metal bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 am

Compared to the hundreds of other shows on TV about hard rock music, this one was pretty tolerable.

Wait....what? There are no other shows like this on the air right now? Oh crap, well I guess it's pretty good.

Sure Eddie Trunk isn't the best guy for the job but he's better than Rikki Rachtman ever was. I take this show at face value as mindless entertainment for a half an hour. Then I masturbate and go to bed. It's what Saturday nights are all about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 am

spectrefate wrote:
Then I masturbate and go to bed.

Laughing very hard There you go, giving us too much information again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:37 pm

I like the show, Ive seen every episode so far and I have the Mike Portnoy episode in my DVR yet to be viewed. Metal in general is so varied that there is no way you can please every metal fan in the world but by and large I think the show does an above average job giving props where it's due. IMO the show is more based on metal's roots of hard rock; maybe the show should be called "That Hard Rock Show".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:03 am

mc666 wrote:
i'm not really into videos, so i doubt i'll be watching.

They don't show videos.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:21 pm

I caught an episode last night and the guest was baseball player & metal fan Mike Piazza. Anyway, during part of the show, during a "Where are they now" segment, they discussed Vinnie Vincent and addressed a rumor that Vinnie has undergone a sex-change operation and was now a woman. The King Kobra singer Mark/Marcie was mentioned, so I know they weren't weren't confusing people.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Vinnie was now a woman? I never heard that before in my life, just wondering if anyone else had.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 pm

I think that this show is pretty good for what it is.

It also gave me great insight into the use of Photoshop, Yngwie looks freaking horrible IRL.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Wait a minute, are you saying Vinnie Vincent is not a woman?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:53 pm

manny wrote:
Wait a minute, are you saying Vinnie Vincent is not a woman?

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've every seen these 2 together in the same room. Hmmmmm, maybe were onto something here?

That Metal Show? - Page 2 Mdmar91a

That Metal Show? - Page 2 Vinnievincent

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught an episode last night and the guest was baseball player & metal fan Mike Piazza. Anyway, during part of the show, during a "Where are they now" segment, they discussed Vinnie Vincent and addressed a rumor that Vinnie has undergone a sex-change operation and was now a woman. The King Kobra singer Mark/Marcie was mentioned, so I know they weren't weren't confusing people.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Vinnie was now a woman? I never heard that before in my life, just wondering if anyone else had.

That came totally out of left field for me also. I was wondering if anyone had heard that rumor as well??? I guess these are the types of rumors that pop up when one has literally dropped off the face of the earth. Vinnie Vincent would definitely be at the top of the "Where Are they Now?" category. The only thing you ever seem to hear about Vinnie is that he is either suing Kiss again, or regarding his financial woes. Considering the talent this guy has, it's amazing that he hasn't made anytype of headway in the business over the last decade and a half. I guess when you burn the bridges that he has over the years, one tends to drift around in relative obscurity.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Suing KI$$ is never a good career move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next