Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Chickenfoot"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
the sentinel
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
thejokeriv
tohostudios
stepcousin
Wicked Rick
Neuropete
7thSaviour
Schbopo
akeldama
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
criss3o
skullsmasher
UltraMagnus007
manny
XYZ
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

"Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:11 pm

interesting... well i'll check it out tomorrow and see if they got it. At first I really didnt care about this but I checked out some of the songs and it sounded good so we'll see what happens.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:02 am

They moved the date up from the 9th to the 5th, and yes I thought the band seemed a little "noivous" and I agree that Joe seemed like he wanted to rip it up more but I still liked it. It just sucked Joe gave Conan his axe, I wanted it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm loving this album. A couple weaker songs but mostly just some good time rock n roll. I think Sammy remembered why he got into singing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:17 pm

im not going through this thread to look if anyone talked about this but the packaging is really cool and very different. At the store it was completely black and on the back it has the number of the tracks but you couldnt read what songs were on the album. So I bought it and went out to my car and took the package off and I go to take the cd out and im like wtf just happened. Wasnt this case black? My gf was like yea I thought so. so I tried putting the plastic back over it thinking that it was something with the packaging and that wasnt it so I saw this little black triangle thing inside and when you put your finger on it the black goes away and says think again. Then I noticed when you touch the package all of the black comes off and there are actually pictures and song titles. I thought that was really a very clever package since I never saw anything like that before.

As for the album I dont know. Its not great but its not bad. I'll give it some more listens though it seemed to have a fun vibe to it which was good.

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 pm

I wish there'd been some liner notes but that's just me.

Quote :
though it seemed to have a fun vibe to it which was good.

Something missing from most of music lately.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:38 pm

there is a downloadable booklet I think. Theres a website to go to on the book.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:31 am

I will probably pick this up at Best Buy yoday when I buy Flight 666
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
im not going through this thread to look if anyone talked about this but the packaging is really cool and very different. At the store it was completely black and on the back it has the number of the tracks but you couldnt read what songs were on the album. So I bought it and went out to my car and took the package off and I go to take the cd out and im like wtf just happened. Wasnt this case black? My gf was like yea I thought so. so I tried putting the plastic back over it thinking that it was something with the packaging and that wasnt it so I saw this little black triangle thing inside and when you put your finger on it the black goes away and says think again. Then I noticed when you touch the package all of the black comes off and there are actually pictures and song titles. I thought that was really a very clever package since I never saw anything like that before.

As for the album I dont know. Its not great but its not bad. I'll give it some more listens though it seemed to have a fun vibe to it which was good.

Apparently it's even cooler. The triangle on my copy says "I Think Not". And mine worked in reverse. When it was in the shrinkwrap, I could read everything. I popped in the disc and headed back to work and when I looked down to see the next song, everything was black.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:04 pm

lol it mustve been hot in the store where you got it then cause it changes to black in the cold.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:19 pm

lol it mustve been hot in the store where you got it then cause it changes to black in the cold.

Yep, I figured out it's temp related. I got mine in the mail today and it was in the 80s today. I crank the AC in the car and that's why it turned black.

And I "misremembered" what the triangle says. Mine says "I'd say no". That's still different from your's. I wonder how many variations of that there are.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:53 pm

My CD says: Think Again. I have the vinyl too but I don't know what it says b/c I kinda don't wanna open it
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Definitely intriguing packaging.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yep, I figured out it's temp related. I got mine in the mail today and it was in the 80s today. I crank the AC in the car and that's why it turned black.

And I "misremembered" what the triangle says. Mine says "I'd say no". That's still different from your's. I wonder how many variations of that there are.

Haha.. really thats interesting that they say different things. The packaging is cool indeed.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:34 am

I just heard the whole album and i like it. It really isn't far off from what i expected. It's like a mix of Van Hagar (duh) and ZZ Top with a heavy dose of funky beats. Joe puts his trademark guitar noises on it as well. My favorite songs are: Down the Drain and Bitten by the Wolf... but they are subject to change after i buy the album and listen to it more than a few times.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:40 pm

My faves so far are Sexy Little Thing, Get It Up & My Kinda Girl.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Sexy Little Thing is my favorite. I don't know if there's a single of this yet but I think that song should be it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I got it yesterday, haven't been able to listen it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm

I admit, I'm pretty curious of this project after reading all of your opinions. I may pick this up if I see it reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I admit, I'm pretty curious of this project after reading all of your opinions. I may pick this up if I see it reasonably priced.

I'm starting to feel that way too. I had mild interest in this project at the beginning, figuring I'd pick this up used somewhere down the road. But reading this thread has me re-thinking my decision. And I did get a Best Buy gift card for my birthday.

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Best Buy had it cheap when I got it. Don't know if it still is but it's worth it if you have a gift card.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Yep, $9.99 at best buy! I finally was able to listen to it - I am liking this album! Good hard rock album!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:53 am

I just grabbed this and I am looking forward to hearing it. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 am

I tried listening to this online yesterday (at lala.com) and it just wasn't grabbing me. I was hoping for something a little "more" from this lineup, but aside from some of Satriani's solos...my interest kept waning before each track finished. I didn't even get all the way through it.

However, I'm NOT a fan of Sammy Hagar, so that probably has alot to do with it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 am

detuned wrote:
I tried listening to this online yesterday (at lala.com) and it just wasn't grabbing me. I was hoping for something a little "more" from this lineup, but aside from some of Satriani's solos...my interest kept waning before each track finished. I didn't even get all the way through it.

However, I'm NOT a fan of Sammy Hagar, so that probably has alot to do with it.

I would say that is why you are not too interested in it!!!!

The interesting thing I am finding out as I listen to it is you can CLEARLY hear the influence of all 4 members (Joe's guitar, Sammy's vocals, Mike's bass and background vocals and Chad's drumming) on the songs - it truely sounds like a group effort when all individual members where allowed to shine and contribute, instead of one member driving the project and the overall sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

Quote :
The interesting thing I am finding out as I listen to it is you can CLEARLY hear the influence of all 4 members (Joe's guitar, Sammy's vocals, Mike's bass and background vocals and Chad's drumming) on the songs - it truely sounds like a group effort when all individual members where allowed to shine and contribute, instead of one member driving the project and the overall sound.

Yeah, I agree. I really started noticing that on the third spin. Especially Mike's bass and bg vocals.

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot"
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next