Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Chickenfoot"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
the sentinel
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
thejokeriv
tohostudios
stepcousin
Wicked Rick
Neuropete
7thSaviour
Schbopo
akeldama
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
criss3o
skullsmasher
UltraMagnus007
manny
XYZ
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

"Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:35 pm

New update from Satriani.

"Chickenfoot. Chickenfoot? Chickenfoot! Yes, the band CHICKENFOOT, featuring Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith, Michael Anthony and yours truly, is about to release its first CD, called 'Chickenfoot', of course.

"It was one year ago this last February that we first got together in Vegas for a little jam in front of a few thousand people, and decided to make a go of it. I'm glad we did.

"Thinking back, it seemed kind of crazy to join a new band just as I was about to release [the latest Satriani CD] 'Professor Satchifunkilus'... and launch its world tour. All the hard work paid off, though.

"Our 'Live in Paris' DVD from that tour will be released this year in all its psychedelic glory, and the CHICKENFOOT CD should be out in about a month or two. As a new band, CHICKENFOOT will do a few CD-release party gigs in May to kick things off, then it's off to Europe for a few weeks of summer festivals. We are looking towards a headlining tour in the USA this fall.

"I'm so excited about bringing our new band and music to the stage. The energy this unit puts out is incredible, absolutely amazing. CHICKENFOOT rocks!"
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Chickenfoot, the new rock supergroup comprised of drummer Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), bassist Michael Anthony (ex-Van Halen), guitarist Joe Satriani and vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-Van Halen), has announced the global release of its self-titled debut album. The CD will be made available by earMUSIC in Germany on Friday, June 5 and in the U.K. on Monday. June 8. The album will be released by Best Buy in the U.S. on Sunday, June 7.

"Chickenfoot" will be packaged in heat-sensitive artwork, which means when you put your hand on the CD inlay, photos of the band members will be revealed behind the Chickenfoot band logo.
"Chickenfoot" track listing:
01. Avenida Revolution
02. Soap on a Rope
03. Sexy Little Thing
04. Oh Yeah
05. Runnin' Out
06. Get It Up
07. Down the Drain
08. My Kinda Girl
09. Learning to Fall
10. Turnin' Left
11. Future in the Past
Hagar wasn't looking to form a new group in his post-Van Halen career. "I really wasn't looking to have a real band, but when I got involved with these guys, only a fool would say, 'No, I'm not going to do this.' The minute we started jamming it was obvious, like, 'This is something that needs to be heard.'"
A great band is nothing without a great rhythm section, and Chickenfoot has one of the best in the two-man team of bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Chad Smith.
As a founding member (and fellow Rock and Roll Hall of Famer) of Van Halen, Anthony laid the bedrock for which guitar genius Eddie Van Halen could fly. More than that, he provided a signature style of background vocal that became an intrinsic part of that band. "A total fluke," the good-natured bassist humbly asserts. "I was just doing what came naturally."
Hagar sees Anthony's abilities differently. "Michael keeps the band going," he says. "Listen, he's never going to get the kind of credit he deserves — he played next to Eddie Van Halen. Hell, Jack Bruce didn't get much credit compared to Eric Clapton — that's just the nature of things. Mikey held down the fort, and he still does."
Aiding Anthony in holding down the fort is Chad Smith, drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who have, since Smith joined the group in the late Eighties, gone from cult faves to a worldwide force. Heretofore thought of as a "funk/alternative" drummer, Smith gets to rock hard with Chickenfoot, and the percussion explosion he creates might come as a surprise to those who only know of his work from tracks like "Under The Bridge".
"The guy's from Detroit, for God's sake!" says Hagar. "He can play the hell out of funk, but he's a rocker. He plays hard, man. You could put one mic in a room with Chad, and you can hear all the parts of his kit — he's hard, but he's balanced. The band wouldn't exist without his groove."
The members of Chickenfoot admit that the band came together almost by accident, a result of jams held at Hagar's club, Cabo Wabo Cantina, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
"We were just having fun," recalls Michael Anthony. "After Sammy and I left Van Halen, we'd get together with musicians, and certain people seemed to really gel. Chad came down and we got on well with him. Gradually, we started talking about doing something more serious, but we needed a guitarist. Somebody smokin' — somebody who could take us to the Promised Land."
Enter Satch, who hooked up with Hagar, Anthony and Smith and felt "an immediate connection unlike anything I'd ever experienced before." To Satriani, who had almost abandoned his lifelong dream of being a part of a "big-time rock band," here was his chance, and here were his bandmates. "After just a few songs, it became stunningly obvious that we shared an overall musical agenda," he says. "The only question was could we make a great album?"
The band answered that question last fall when they hunkered down with the illustrious producer Andy Johns at George Lucas' Skywalker Studios and knocked out a batch of songs that sets a new standard for rock music in the new millennium.
From the thunderous, ominous opening strains of "Avenida Revolution" (detailing the bloody drug wars in Tijuana, in which Hagar makes his feelings come through his skin) to the album closer, the shimmering rock ballad "Future's In The Past", "Chickenfoot" is a firebomb of a record, the likes of which we haven't heard in ages.
The band kicks and snorts their way through a passel of take-no-prisoners rockers like "Soap On A Rope", "Sexy Little Thing", "Oh Yeah" and "My Kind Of Girl".
"These are the kinds of songs I could never do on my own," says Satriani. "I needed a band like this to make those songs come alive."
The band explores mature themes on songs such as "Runnin' Out", about a world stretched to the breaking point to "Learning To Fall", perhaps the most poignant love song Hagar has ever written lyrics for. As both a vocalist and songwriter, Hagar's intensity and forcefulness are on vivid display on "Chickenfoot".
"I write what comes to mind," the singer says. "I'm not bound by anything subject-wise. I'm inspired by the music. When I heard the music Joe was going for, it made me reach, it made me stretch. I think it made me sing in a way that I normally wouldn't have done. We seem to have that kind of effect on each other."
Satriani agrees. "People have this idea of what this band is about, or what Sammy Hagar is about as a lyricist and a vocalist," he says. "The thing is that we manage to get each guy to up his game in a non-confrontational way. When I play with Chickenfoot, I find myself wanting to give them more all the time. I don't hold anything back. I think the rest of the guys feel the same way."
That Satriani unleashes sheets of shred magna is, of course, a given, but what's interesting is, as individualistic and recognizable as his talents are — and this is true of all the players — they transform in a strange and beautiful way on "Chickenfoot".
Likewise, Anthony and Smith, channel past heroes. For Anthony it's Electric Flag bassist Harvey Brooks. For Smith it's Zeppelin's John Bonham. Together, they perform something of an astonishing balancing act, dispending performances that meet at the intersection of Heavy and Nimble. This is what a rhythm section does, drives the band in forceful, creative ways. Listen to Chickenfoot and you'll hear what a true rhythm section sounds like.
"Chickenfoot", which is already being hailed as the most intense rock 'n' roll album since Led Zeppelin's classic efforts, coincides with a European tour that will consist of outdoor festivals, including Montreaux, Switzerland, and Bospop, Holland, plus various intimate indoor rock shows, including the London O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire on June 25.
Tickets for the London 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire concert go on sale at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, March 27. This will be Chickenfoot's only UK date on the European tour.
Chickenfoot tour dates:
06/20 - Austria Nova Rock Festival
06/23 - Cork, Ireland: Live At The Marquee
06/25 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire
06/26 - Holland: Heerhugowaard
06/28 - Belgium Graspop Metal Meeting Festival
06/29 - Paris: Olympia
07/01 - Madrid (venue to be confirmed)
07/03 - Pistoia, Italy: Blues Festival
07/04 - Montreux, Switzerland: Stravinski Hall
07/05 - Udine, Italy: Lignano Sbbiadoro
07/07 - Hamburg: Grosse Freiheit
07/08 - Copenhagen: Vega
07/10 - Kilafors, Sweden: Rockweekend Festival
07/12 - Weert, Holland: Bospop Festival
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks to that avatar i now know what Chicken Foot means... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 pm

http://www.myspace.com/thechickenfoot

I like it, but it doesn't match or top VH, Zeppelin or Montrose as Sammy was saying it did. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 am

I like it! Sammy sounds great, he hasn't aged a damn day. That groove on "Down The Drain" is just flat smokin'. Demonic ZZ top boogie.

It's also a pleasure to hear Satch in an actual "band".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:02 am

This is great! It reminds me of early 90's VH with a little ZZ Top thrown in. Joe is doing what Eddie needs to get back to. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 am

detuned wrote:
I like it! Sammy sounds great, he hasn't aged a damn day.

Yeah, he sounded great on his last album too (even if the songs didn't). I wonder what his secret is? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
detuned wrote:
I like it! Sammy sounds great, he hasn't aged a damn day.

Yeah, he sounded great on his last album too (even if the songs didn't). I wonder what his secret is? Very Happy

Poundcake!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:07 am

I hear he sings so well because he keeps his Dick In The Dirt.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:18 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/thechickenfoot

I like it, but it doesn't match or top VH, Zeppelin or Montrose as Sammy was saying it did. Laughing

Sounds pretty cool. I'm not a big Sammy fan, but if I saw this cheap in the bins, I'd likely pick it up. Like Detuned said, it's nice to hear Satch in a band other than his own shred fests.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I like Down The Drain better than Soap On A Rope, but I like 'em both. I had to put those on my ipod right away. It's nice to see Mikey recycle his Runnin' WIth The Devil bass riff for Down The Drain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Chad Smith adds a groove these guys don't usually achieve, you can hear the underlying funk on Down The Drain. Whether you like RHCP or not, there's no denying he's a kick ass drummer.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:52 pm

detuned wrote:
Chad Smith adds a groove these guys don't usually achieve, you can hear the underlying funk on Down The Drain. Whether you like RHCP or not, there's no denying he's a kick ass drummer.

Agreed. In fact, Chad is the one I'm most impressed eith so far.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Some dueling Satch/Hagar solos would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:

I think it would be in Hagar's best interest to not attempt that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:45 pm

detuned wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

I think it would be in Hagar's best interest to not attempt that.

lol!

Well, yeah, Joe would blow him out of the water, but Hagar's a pretty good guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 pm

It's cool to see Mike Anthony getting back out there in a band again. Eddie should take notice...
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's cool to see Mike Anthony getting back out there in a band again. Eddie should take notice...

touche
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 pm

detuned wrote:

Poundcake!

Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 pm

akeldama wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

touche

Supposedly, as soon as Ed gets married and Wolfie graduates, they'll start on a new album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:44 am

xyz wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

touche

Supposedly, as soon as Ed gets married and Wolfie graduates, they'll start on a new album.

Eddie should do an instrumental album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:08 am

Quote :
I wonder what his secret is?

Mas Tequilla! Smile
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:48 pm

HELLO PEOPLE OF THE FOOT!

We have a few good pieces of news to report hot off the presses!
As you know, we are starting to get close to the
album release in June,
and the first European festival dates. But, here are a few new things that
you need to know! We will continue to bring you the latest news direct
to your email -- thanks for being part of the growing community we are
building!

UPDATED CHICKENFOOT.US

visit http://www.chickenfoot.us

We've molted a bit at CHICKENFOOT.US and moved away from the teaser stage
into something that makes it easier to keep track of what is
going on as we rev the engine towards release date and the first shows.
The widget is still front-and-center, and take note of the big link to
the OFFICIAL FAN CLUB, which we'll tell you more about in a moment.

Starting next week, we will open up the site for FREE accounts for
fans near and far to step up their participation in the community. Once
the shows start we'll look to you to share your reviews and photos and
stories. We'll get back to you next week about that, but know that everyone
on the mailing list (that means you!) will have an account automatically
set aside for you. Anyone who upgrades to the Official Fan Club Membership will also have their CHICKENFOOT.US account status
upgraded, opening up other features of the site to them, most notably
ticket presales.

OFFICIAL CHICKENFOOT FANCLUB

click the banner on http://www.chickenfoot.us

We're happy to announce that the OFFICIAL Chickenfoot Fan Club has opened
its doors for early registration. Like many other fan clubs, this will be
the only way to get access to those early PRESALE TICKET packages for the upcoming
US TOUR DATES that will be announced very very soon. The annual membership
also comes with a swanky EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT and an ONGOING 10% DISCOUNT for
anything you should wish to purchase from the store (which will be opening
for business soon).

How will the presales work? Glad you asked. As we said above,
next week we will be opening up CHICKENFOOT.US for everyone to have their own
account. When you purchase a Fanclub membership, your account will get
supercharged and become your gateway to the ticket presales.

Whenever NEW tour dates are announced (not *yet*, hold your horses), fan club members simply need to:

1. Log into their account on CHICKENFOOT.US

2. Click on the TOUR link to go to the tour section

3. Make note of their unique CODE that will appear on the page.

4. Click on the purchase link that will be displayed, and then enter their code on the ticketing page (Ticketmaster, etc).

* Anyone who purchases a Fanclub membership NOW (before the CHICKENFOOT.US
accounts are available) will also automatically have an account
created and enabled for them.

INTERVIEW WITH THE BAND

Joe Bosso, who also handled duties on the cover story for
Guitar World (available now) has shared audio excerpts from his interview with
Joe, Mike and Sammy (Chad was otherwise occupied with birth of his new son).
Check it out!
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/chickenfoot-world-exclusive-podcast-interview-201756

TOUR DATES

Yes, yes, some US dates are coming, but in the meantime we'd like
to remind our European friends of these shows (festival and some solo)
coming up in June and July.

Sat Jun 20 AUSTRIA Nova Rock Festival
Tue Jun 23 CORK, IRELAND: Live at the Marquee (solo show)
Thu Jun 25 LONDON Shepherd's Bush Empire (solo show)
Fri Jun 26 HOLLAND: Heerhugowaard (solo show)
Sun Jun 28 BELGIUM Graspop Metal Meeting Festival w/ Marylyn Manson, Nightwish, Disturbed, Chickenfoot
Mon Jun 29 PARIS: Olympia (solo show)
Wed Jul 1 Madrid (venue tbc)
Fri Jul 3 PISTOIA, ITALY: Blues Festival (line-up TBA)
Sat Jul 4 MONTREUX, SWITZERLAND: Stravinski Hall Featuring Steely Dan, Dave Matthews, Chickenfoot
Sun Jul 5 UDINE, ITALY: Lignano Sbbiadoro
Tue Jul 7 HAMBURG: Docks (solo show)
Wed Jul 8 COPENHAGEN: Vega (solo show)
Fri Jul 10 KILAFORS, SWEDEN: Rockweekend Festival
Sun Jul 12 WEERT, HOLLAND: Bospop Festival Featuring Bryan Adams and Chickenfoot
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:18 pm

http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frame...fm?aobj=710439

here are some 30 sec. clips of the album.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frame...fm?aobj=710439

here are some 30 sec. clips of the album.

Sweet. Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot"
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next