Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Chickenfoot"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
the sentinel
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
thejokeriv
tohostudios
stepcousin
Wicked Rick
Neuropete
7thSaviour
Schbopo
akeldama
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
criss3o
skullsmasher
UltraMagnus007
manny
XYZ
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:53 am

Here is a new band with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani and Chad Smith (chili peppers). I think this will be very interesting to say the least.
Here's a interview with Mike Anthony about the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDceiwPbSU&eurl=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108507
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm

This is gonna be better than Zeppelin, VH and Montrose... COMBINED.
Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
This is gonna be better than Zeppelin, VH and Montrose... COMBINED.

Shocked fainting "Chickenfoot" 647664
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 pm

I'll buy it. I think it will be good, but it won't be better than Zeppelin.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Seriously though, I'm excited about this project. Should be good, but Sammy's out of his mind to compare it to Zeppelin and VH.

I just hope they can pull it off. Remember Planet US?
Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Remember HSAS?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:03 pm

I actually liked some tunes of that HSAS album, I didn't care for their version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" but the rest of the album while not groundbreaking was very good, Hagar and Neal Schon made a good combo.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm

detuned wrote:
Remember HSAS?

You're so old. Razz

At least they put an album out.
Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
detuned wrote:
Remember HSAS?

You're so old. Razz

"Chickenfoot" 251456 angry
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:08 pm

chickenfoot is a stupid name, they could have come up with something better

Last edited by UltraMagnus007 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
chickenfoot is a stupid name, they could have come up with omething better

Just read an interview with Sammy where he said even if they did change the name, you'd have to explain to people "they used to be called Chickenfoot". So even though they know it's a silly name, they're keeping it.

Sound likes a Buckethead album though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I read it's just a code name for the project.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm

detuned wrote:
Remember HSAS?

I still have this album, on vinyl. I thought it was ok.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Sound likes a Buckethead album though. Razz

How do you figure that?

"Chickenfoot" Buckethead-republic-neworleans-live-music
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:06 am

This might turn out to be what I was hoping for when Sammy joined Van Halen!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:44 am

Here's the album cover:

"Chickenfoot" Chickenfoot_csb
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

xyz wrote:
Here's the album cover:

"Chickenfoot" Chickenfoot_csb

Is that the real cover?? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Chicken Sh*t Bingo? I guess they're not going for that "Walmart-exclusive" deal like AC/DC. Rolling Eyes

Have they released anything yet? I'm kinda curious to hear Joe Satriani play with a band and not just solo over everything.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:36 pm

metalguy here is their website with a sample:

http://www.chickenfoot.us/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 pm

manny wrote:
metalguy here is their website with a sample:

[url=http://www.chickenfoot.us/
http://www.chickenfoot.us/[/quote[/url]]

Hmmmm, not much to go by with that clip. A repeated riff with Sammy rambling over it ain't exactly making my nips stand at attention. Ah well. We'll wait and see I guess.

Thanks Manny.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:08 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114770
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:43 am

I'm curious to hear what Satriani comes up with. Sammy sounds pretty good in the clip.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't really like Sammy Hagar, but I do love Satriani and Chad Smith in the Peppers. I don't know what to think of this. I'll probably listen to it a couple times, and if I like it, pick it up in the discount bin. We all know that's where it's heading. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Here's an interview with Hagar:

Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith team up for supergroup and give Classic Rock the exclusive lowdown.
The name Chickenfoot doesn’t exactly conjure up visions of a union between some of rocks mightiest musical behemoths; in fact it sounds more like a nasty side effect of bird flu.
“It was just supposed to be a ox manur name that we’d used for a while,” former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony told Classic Rock. “And then the rumours spread about the band, everybody used that name so we thought, ‘fuck it, let’s call it Chickenfoot - it all comes down to the music anyway.”
Featuring Sammy Hagar (vocals), Joe Satriani (guitar), Chad Smith (drums) and Anthony; this million-dollar quartet are reluctant to call themselves a supergroup as a modest Smith explained: “We’re not a supergroup, we like hanging out together and the music is a bonus. We just happen to be in other groups.”
Classic Rock caught up with the band at Hagar’s recording studio in San Francisco where the ever ebullient Red Rocker explained the origins of the band.
“It started off with me, Michael and Chad jamming at my club-Cabo Wabo-in Mexico. Then people started asking us when we were going to tour, make a record etc. So I said if we’re going to do this properly then we’re going have to get a guitarist, let’s talk to Joe Satriani. As far as I’m concerned he’s the best guitarist in the world.”
The band made their official debut a year ago in Las Vegas at a Hagar concert where they played a three song covers set (including Zep’s Rock’n’Roll and Traffic’s Dear Mr Fantasy). Since then they have managed to record an album’s worth of material with Andy Johns and Mike Fraser at the helm. They are currently putting together a tour of Europe’s festivals this summer, which will include some shows in the UK.
“Europe is where I want this band to start, I feel so guilty that I haven’t played Europe in years,” Hagar revealed.
Classic Rock was given an exclusive preview of three tracks from the band’s eponymously titled debut. Soap On A Rope and Sexy Little Thing have the humour and loose feel of prime Halen, with the unbridled energy of Montrose. Avenida Revolution is an epic political anthem about the troubles on the Mexican/American border and has all the making of a classic.
“I’m not looking for fortune and fame out of this. I’ve had enough of that to last five times,” explained Hagar, maybe referring to selling an 80 percent interest in his Cabo Wabo tequila company for $80 million. “So pull that out of the equation, what am I doing it for? The music and enjoyment.”
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Still looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Chickenfoot" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot"
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next