Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chickenfoot New Album Update

Go down 
+20
thejokeriv
tohostudios
mlotek
akeldama
Shawn Of Fire
arttieTHE1manparty
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
oldschooldoom
James B.
Ben Grimm
Wurthless
chewie
manny
Eyesore
BillRoxx
martinsane
ultmetal
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Chickenfoot New Album Update Empty
PostSubject: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 am

I enjoyed the debut. Nothing earthshattering, but decent enough for what it is. I imagine I'll pick up this new one as well.

Quote :
CHICKENFOOT's second album will be released on September 27. The CD's first single, "Bigfoot", is scheduled to hit the airwaves sometime in July.

Bassist Michael Anthony, who turned 57 this month, described the new CHICKENFOOT album as "a lot heavier than the first record."

Although Hagar stated in March that CHICKENFOOT's second album would be titled Chickenfoot IV" (Four), Anthony told the Van Halen News Desk that the band eventually decided against the idea.

Other songtitles set to appear on the album include "Last Temptation", "Something's Gone Wrong", "Dubai Blues", "Different Devil", "No Change", "Who's Next" and "Astral Years".

Chad Smith recently confirmed that he won't tour with CHICKENFOOT this year in support of the band's second album due to scheduling conflicts with his main group, the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS.

CHICKENFOOT's self-titled debut disc came out in June 2009 and was certified gold for sales of more than 500,000 copies.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am

The debut was bland... hopefully this new one will be better.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The debut was bland... hopefully this new one will be better.

That's where I stand. I have the CD and pull it out every now and then to give it a fresh spin. It just doesn't seem to grab me. Eventually, I'll review it. I was just hoping it would sit better with me than it has.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I dunno why, but I really enjoyed hearing Satriani playing with a band. While I enjoy his solo work as well, it was interesting to me to see him playing a little more reserved and letting the songs be themselves but still giving them his unique style.

Never much a fan of Hagar's solo material, but I liked him in VH. So with him on vox and Michael providing those sweet harmonies, it was like another long lost VH album to my ears.

I have no opinion on Chad Smith.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Semi-related, but I was in Best Buy here in Washington State yesterday and they had the S/T Chickenfoot album priced at $.49!!!!

I know $.49.

I already had it but dang if that isn't a CHEAP price for a sealed off the shelf cd...
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:18 am

Looks like I'm in the minority here! I'm looking forward to this more then the new Van Halen! I love the first one and have seen the band 3 times now! Excellent Album IMO ! Satriana playing in a band! Hagar is one of my favorite singers! And Mike is one of my favorite bassists! This one I will get on day one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I thought it was a solid album. Nothing mind-blowing, nothing extremely catchy, just a good solid rock album.

And I too thought it was cool hearing Satriani tone it down quite a bit. Most of those virtuoso guitarists out there could never do that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I thought it was a solid album. Nothing mind-blowing, nothing extremely catchy, just a good solid rock album.

And I too thought it was cool hearing Satriani tone it down quite a bit. Most of those virtuoso guitarists out there could never do that.

I agree the only other virtuoso I could think of that has something similar to what Satriani has done with Chickenfoot is Vinnie Moore who is now in UFO and was one of Alice's touring guitarist for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Satriani was already the calmest of all those cats. Except maybe Steve Morse. Those two guys don't suffer from "overplayer's disease" like all the other 80's shi..er, shredders.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Satriani was already the calmest of all those cats. Except maybe Steve Morse. Those two guys don't suffer from "overplayer's disease" like all the other 80's shi..er, shredders.

Satriani was in the Greg Khin Band for an album or two, so he knows how to hold back and play within a song.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I like Satriani, but my favorite shred guitarist (that knows how to use his talents within a song) is Paul Gilbert. Racer X and Mr. Big both have really catchy songs, and amazing solos.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 pm

}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:
I like Satriani, but my favorite shred guitarist (that knows how to use his talents within a song) is Paul Gilbert. Racer X and Mr. Big both have really catchy songs, and amazing solos.

I love Spaceship One!!!!! I think that song sounds like A Steve Miller band tune in the verses. Great Album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:10 am

It will have to be good to get me to buy it the first album was bland, not a bad album but it was like eating plain toast, I actually have considered selling it to FYE for the 36 cents they will give me for it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:03 pm

martinsane wrote:
Semi-related, but I was in Best Buy here in Washington State yesterday and they had the S/T Chickenfoot album priced at $.49!!!!

I know $.49.

I already had it but dang if that isn't a CHEAP price for a sealed off the shelf cd...

I saw the "deluxe" version at my local Best Buy for $2.95. I debated picking it up, but it's only 1 extra song and a dvd (which I'll never watch). I'll stick with the one I have.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 am

Didn't care for much of anything on the debut. I saw the band before I moved out of California and was surprised at how much fun it was. Still didn't wanna go out and buy the cd. The "heavy" tag is kinda/sorta "scary"... as in the fact that the only experienced band member in that department is Micheal Anthony. Since Mr. Smith is gonna pass on the touring. Jason Bonham isn't doing anything !

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am

Quote :
Jason Bonham isn't doing anything !

He's playing/touring with Black Country Communion right now. I read that Chad Smith already has someone in mind to replace him if Chickenfoot goes on tour.

Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:01 am

A 'Super Band' of sorts. Looking forward to HEARing what they do with their next.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 am

This is a great example of another disappointing supergroup.

Can't think of a single one who was delivered a great album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

How about Bad Company, ToB? Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke (Free), Boz Burrell ( King Crimson) and Mick Ralphs (Mott the Hoople) ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

How about Bad Company, ToB? Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke (Free), Boz Burrell ( King Crimson) and Mick Ralphs (Mott the Hoople) ?

That might make a decent topic, "Good Supergroups". We haven't beaten that subject into the ground yet, have we?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Jason Bonham isn't doing anything !

He's playing/touring with Black Country Communion right now. I read that Chad Smith already has someone in mind to replace him if Chickenfoot goes on tour.

BCC will be done touring by the time Chickenfoot gets around to doing likewise.
Maybe Portnoy will slum it and do it for the $ Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 am

Teaser from the new album:

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 am

Me likes Chickenfoot New Album Update 25679
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 am

It has a nice groove.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Yup. I dig that groove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chickenfoot New Album Update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next