Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Chickenfoot"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
the sentinel
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
thejokeriv
tohostudios
stepcousin
Wicked Rick
Neuropete
7thSaviour
Schbopo
akeldama
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
criss3o
skullsmasher
UltraMagnus007
manny
XYZ
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

"Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Nice to see it debuted at #4 on the Billboard Albums chart and #1 on the Billboard INdie chart
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:55 am

I wasnt overly impressed by the Chickenfoot album, but it is pretty cool. I'm a huge Satriani fan, used to be and still am to some degree a Sammy Hagar/Van Hagar fan.

This album kinda sounds like what a Van Hagar reunion album would sound like if Alex wasnt there and Eddie backed out at the last minute and Joe came in and played over the music that was already written.

So it's cool but not phenominal. I kinda wish Joe would do something blues-based again, maybe work woth Leslie West again or something.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:59 am

It would of been cool if Steve Vai did a guest solo on a song or two. It sounds like Joe is holding back a little on this thing. It definately is geared for the radio.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:58 pm

I just got it, the reason is Satriani. Apart from the 2 van halen albums this is my first time given Samy an opportunity. So far I like what I am listening, but nothing stuning
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 am

love what i've heard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 pm

I wasn't looking for stunning but I think Joe does a great job. I think he's realized it's not all about flash but sometimes just having a solid album of songs is what's needed.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I wasn't looking for stunning but I think Joe does a great job. I think he's realized it's not all about flash but sometimes just having a solid album of songs is what's needed.
being a die hard joe fan I still find it good.People are like"omg no solos!!h4x!"I mean it's not his solo band he has to share the lime light
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:17 pm

the worlds most talented bar band.... nothing special here. IO respect the talent of the individual players but the tunes are weak!

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Maybe Joe Satriani has realised that he's not getting as much money as he would like from his solo stuff, so he thought he try some mainstream stuff, with some other famous guys to carry the album. For me, not so much about the music, more about making money.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:26 pm

James B. wrote:
the worlds most talented bar band.... nothing special here. IO respect the talent of the individual players but the tunes are weak!

I had the exact opposite opinion. I expected precisely what you describe, a glorified bar band. But I found the songwriting to be much stronger than I expected.

Different strokes....

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:50 pm

snooloui wrote:
Maybe Joe Satriani has realised that he's not getting as much money as he would like from his solo stuff, so he thought he try some mainstream stuff, with some other famous guys to carry the album. For me, not so much about the music, more about making money.

I doubt it is about money, none of those guys are hurting for money and Joe Satriani still plays in mid size theaters, and has managed more than his fair share of gold and platinum discs.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:13 am

Maybe it's fame. I don't think Joe gets as much attention as he wants. He maybe a good songwriter and guitarist, but if he was in a kick-ass band filling out stadiums. Well that would be much better.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 pm

the album started to make dust on my collection, I was expecting it something better
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

It's because they've already made it. They've nothing to prove anymore. Therefore, they care less about the record they put out than they might have, had they not already been famous.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 am

I got a free promo copy of this yesterday and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised by it. We'll see if it has legs or I get bored with it, but so far so good. With Joe's talent on the axe, Michael's background harmonies and Sammy's vocs, I'm reminded of the Van Hagar era. Not too shabby.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Quote :
Chad Smith has admitted he won’t be able to tour with Chickenfoot next year, but will be on their second record.

Blabbermouth report that, talking to musicradar.com, the drummer said: “I can’t play in both bands (Chickenfoot and the Red Hot Chili Peppers) next year. Believe me, I’d love to play with Chickenfoot, and I’m pretty certain I’ll be able to finish the second record. I’m really excited to get deeper into the mussy with those guys. Touring, though? I don’t see how.

“Chickenfoot started out as this fun thing to do, then it just got bigger and bigger. Everybody loves it — I love it, too. We have the best time together. But I got this other group. The Peppers have festival dates booked for the summer of 2011 already.”

As for Satch...

Quote :
"Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards", the 14th studio album from Joe Satriani, sold 10,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 45 on The Billboard 200 chart. This marks the highest opening chart position ever for the Grammy-nominated guitarist.

10,000 copies in the first week! Not tooo shabby for an instrumental album.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

I got bored with them. The cd is sitting in my trade pile

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I got bored with them. The cd is sitting in my trade pile

I just broke out my copy a few weeks ago. I dunno, I kinda like it. Coupla songs came up on the mp3 player over the weekend while I was digging out my fish pond. Nothing out of this world, but enjoyable tunes.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 1:14 pm

I really like this band even if they are slightly underwhelming especially on the debut but I’m wondering why they haven’t recorded anything else. Joe seems ready but Sammy is very noncommittal and at times flaky on the subject. I know they say because of Chad being busy but Joe did record his last album with Chad on drums.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 1:53 pm

I like them too but I think Sammy is having more fun with The Circle lately.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 5:50 pm

Really looking forward to that Circle album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 9:48 pm

I wanted to like the 2 Chickenfoot albums more than I did since I love Satch and like a lot of Sammy's material; but, I don't know, something just isn't there. Both discs are really weak overall in the lyrics and Joe seems to be out of sorts in a band setting. Just my 2 pennies.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 8:20 am

This has inspired to spin the first Chickenfoot album, it has been awhile since I gave it a spin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 12:20 pm

It's been awhile since I've spun either album all the way through, but songs pop up on shuffle in my car and I still find them to be quite enjoyable. If they decide to get together again and record another album, I'd be interested.

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5