Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Chickenfoot"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
the sentinel
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
thejokeriv
tohostudios
stepcousin
Wicked Rick
Neuropete
7thSaviour
Schbopo
akeldama
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
criss3o
skullsmasher
UltraMagnus007
manny
XYZ
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

"Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:26 am

I like Chickenfoot! 9/10
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:37 am

detuned wrote:
Remember HSAS?

Oh, yes! I remember them... I had almost forgotten about them. You know, Sammy Hagar is one of those guys I think would be pretty cool to hang out with, but I have never been a big fan of his music. I like him as a person, and I DON'T hate his music by any means. I actually enjoy some of his solo stuff, and a handful of Van Halen. But, he has never really wowed me over. Even though David Lee Roth is a bigger &^%$#, he was a better frontman than Hagar.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:07 am

You guys want to laugh, I just found out about this band.

When I read Chickenfoot, I thought this was about the guitarist for Guns & Roses. lol!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Does anyone know what the album is called?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm

xyz wrote:
Does anyone know what the album is called?

I think it's just gonna be called Chickenfoot.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:29 am

Wicked Rick wrote:
You guys want to laugh, I just found out about this band.

When I read Chickenfoot, I thought this was about the guitarist for Guns & Roses. lol!
Buckethead! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

The moved the release date up to the 5th of June (Footday) also check them out that same night on The Tonight Show With Conan O' Brien.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am

akeldama wrote:
Check them out that same night on The Tonight Show With Conan O' Brien.

I am excited to see that.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 am

xyz wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Check them out that same night on The Tonight Show With Conan O' Brien.

I am excited to see that.

As am I.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:53 am

Can't wait to hear the whole album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Can't wait to hear the whole album.

I've heard most of it, not what I expected but I really like it. Fave song so far is "Get It Up" and least fave is "Avenida Revolution" but Satch does a cool intro on it though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:28 am

Quote :
I've heard most of it, not what I expected but I really like it.

What is not like what you expected?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I've heard most of it, not what I expected but I really like it.

What is not like what you expected?

The overall feel, I thought Sammy would've written a lot deeper lyrics a la "Right Now", "Mine All Mine" etc. It is a fine album though, Satch and Chad really impress me the most and Mike is straight up solid. 9/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

When I think of Sammy Hagar..."deep lyrics" don't even enter the picture. I can't get the following out of my mind:

"Red, red, I love red, there's no substitute for red."
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am

detuned wrote:
When I think of Sammy Hagar..."deep lyrics" don't even enter the picture. I can't get the following out of my mind:

"Red, red, I love red, there's no substitute for red."

I think he was a little shallow too lyrically until he joined VH, he wrote his best stuff then.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:43 am

I just ordered this. I like the samples I heard on Amazon.

And since I'm not much of a lyrics person, that part won't bother me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

I will have to pick this one up
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:48 pm

I caught their performance on Conan last night. I didn't have too many preconceptions going in as I hadn't even heard any of their material before.

Hagar was pretty much what I expected, good energy as always but he certainly hasn't improved his lyrics any over the years. They're just the same old lame lyrics he'll probably write until he dies. Michael Anthony seemed fine, nothing outstanding, but then again I guess that pretty much sums him up. I guess Chad was pretty good but for some reason he seems a bit odd to me with this kind of music. I guess I just don't associate him with a more straightforward style of rock. Satriani was good I guess, but he almost seemed to be consciously trying not to be too flashy I think he wanted to rip a bit more than he did. His guitar tone also sounded a bit different to me than what he usually uses.

As for the song itself, it was ok I guess but it came off, at least to me, pretty bland and left me feeling a bit flat. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising to me as that's how the majority of Hagar era Van Halen sounded to me.

Even though I wasn't all that impressed with this song I do hope the rest of the album is better and I'll give it a spin or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:40 pm

I saw them last night as well, they seemed a little nervous. Performances on TV are usually lacking (especially with heavier rock stuff)...it's impossible to work up any kind of momentum when you're only going to play for 4 minutes.

They sounded okay, though I was rolling my eyes a little bit with Hagar sneaking in 'Hoochie Coochie Man' in the lyrics. Satch came off best, even if he did seem a tad restrained.

I'm curious to hear the album once my budget permits it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Is this album out or not? I didnt get a chance to go into a actual music store but I was in Wal Mart and Target today and neither of them had it which I thought was a little odd especially for Target.

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I think its a Best Buy exclusive, Wayne. I may be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:42 pm

just checked it comes out on the 9th. And it seems to be a best buy exclusive. Damn best buy its too far from my house. i'll have to get my gf to get it.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:44 pm

ok now im confused cause i just saw a commercial that said out now but their site says the 9th... scratch

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:55 pm

I just checked Best Buy's site, according to them the release date was 6/5. So it appears to have come out earlier at Best Buy. They list it as in stock at both physical stores and online (both CD and LP).
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:02 pm

I finally heard some of their music, I have gotten really excited about this.

Last edited by sam on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Chickenfoot"   "Chickenfoot" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Chickenfoot"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next