Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"

Go down 
+20
Schbopo
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Rex
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
sam
shamgar75
Troublezone
MetalFRO
manny
Al.
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
325ad
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Empty
PostSubject: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

The album title, cover art, and song titles are being released today.

The Cover looks like the heart colored pencil drawing from Grey's Anatomy Text Book a on black cover. Song titles are as followed: All Secrets Known, Check my Brain, Last of My Kind, Your Decision, A Looking View, When the Sun Rose Again, Acid Bubble, Lessons Learned, Take Her Out, Private Hell, and The Title Track Black Gives Way to Blue.

Good Stuff, this is not going be the AIC of old. Presells start August 18th with a Release Date of September 29th!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Quote :
The Cover looks like the heart colored pencil drawing from Grey's Anatomy Text Book a on black cover.

Does it look anything like this?

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" AIC_FINAL_COVERsmall

Looking forward to hearing this. Been too long.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Exactly. Did not know how to post it since I have not posted pictures on this forum. My Uncle knows the Cantrell Family so have heard the music already it is going to be good, I expect a few new fans to discover the band for the first time as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 am

Found this interesting tidbit on Sleazeroxx.com:

Quote :
Among the many highlights on Black Gives Way To Blue, the highly anticipated new album from ALICE IN CHAINS, is a special guest performance by Elton John. The two rock legends collaborated on the album's stunning title track, "Black Gives Way To Blue," a heart-stirring tribute to Alice In Chains' late lead singer Layne Staley. The album arrives in stores September 29.

"We were thinking about adding piano to the track and a friend suggested we call Elton," recalls guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell. "I remember laughing and saying, 'Yeah, I'll get right on that.' But I decided it was worth trying and wrote Elton an email explaining what that song means to us -- that it's a real, raw openhearted song for Layne. We sent him the track and got a call shortly after saying he thought it was beautiful and that he wanted to play on it. We were blown away. Elton John is a huge influence on me as a songwriter and having him on that song is an amazing honor for us."

"I've long been an admirer of Jerry Cantrell and when he asked me to play on 'Black Gives Way To Blue,' I was very flattered and couldn't resist," says John. "It was a great recording session with Alice In Chains for a beautiful song. "

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
Found this interesting tidbit on Sleazeroxx.com:

Quote :
Among the many highlights on Black Gives Way To Blue, the highly anticipated new album from ALICE IN CHAINS, is a special guest performance by Elton John. The two rock legends collaborated on the album's stunning title track, "Black Gives Way To Blue," a heart-stirring tribute to Alice In Chains' late lead singer Layne Staley. The album arrives in stores September 29.

"We were thinking about adding piano to the track and a friend suggested we call Elton," recalls guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell. "I remember laughing and saying, 'Yeah, I'll get right on that.' But I decided it was worth trying and wrote Elton an email explaining what that song means to us -- that it's a real, raw openhearted song for Layne. We sent him the track and got a call shortly after saying he thought it was beautiful and that he wanted to play on it. We were blown away. Elton John is a huge influence on me as a songwriter and having him on that song is an amazing honor for us."

"I've long been an admirer of Jerry Cantrell and when he asked me to play on 'Black Gives Way To Blue,' I was very flattered and couldn't resist," says John. "It was a great recording session with Alice In Chains for a beautiful song. "

I also read that the European release is getting a bonus track of that Elton song, but it's a more piano-based version of the song. I guess the regular album version is will just feature a piano-solo from Elton or something.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Been on an Alice kick as of late in anticipation.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Al.

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Cool interview.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 pm

I am looking forward to the new Alice In Chains album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 pm

The song i've heard is interesting but pretty different. I'll have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

I don't care for the new guy's voice when he's singing the old stuff (I've seen video of him performing older material w/ the band, and it's just not that great), but I do like his voice overall, and think if they try to move in a different direction but retain Jerry's core guitar sound, this could work. I do think it's important that they put the band to rest when they did & left it alone for so long - to simply have Jerry do vocals & carry on as a 3-piece at that point would have been seen as a cash-grab, and I'm glad they did that. However, being that their brand of dark hard rock is still in vogue & they still have a sizable fan-base, and are coming back w/ a fresh vision, as the interview shows, I think it's a smart move. I am cautiously optimistic about this "reunion" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:52 am

Been a big fan since the first album and i'm looking forward to the new one too. It won't be the same without Layne but i'll take it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Cautiously optimistic for this album.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:41 pm

looking forward to this, a looking in view was a pretty sweet song, it really grew on me after a couple of listens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:36 am

Jerry's vocals are still prominent on this album so it should still retain some of the chemistry but without Layne it will not be firing on all cylinders.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:25 pm

New message from Cantrell. They are going to perform live on the Jimmy Kimmel Show in L.A. on the 29th! Yes, the same day the album comes out!! If you are in the L.A. Area you are asked to come out tickets are available however seating is limited! Rock On 🤘

Last edited by 325ad on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:40 am

Local radio is overplaying a song called Check My Brain. Can they push
a more annoying song? I don't even listen to the radio except at the
gym, when I have not control and I've heard the songs 20x.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:

I haven't heard this (and I trying not to till the album comes out), but I certainly agree that radio saturation can ruin a perfectly good song.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 am

It's not a good song IMO. Boring riff that is very repetitious. Sounds somewhat heavy, mostly because of the downtuning, not because it's actually a heavy riff. Vocal melodies are cool, but I don't think this song is very good.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:25 am

ultmetal wrote:
It's not a good song IMO. Boring riff that is very repetitious. Sounds somewhat heavy, mostly because of the downtuning, not because it's actually a heavy riff. Vocal melodies are cool, but I don't think this song is very good.

Yeah. I agree, I heard that Jerry picked the song for the first single because it is not the type of song radio usually plays. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:44 am

I think that the vocals are mixed very well. The voices/harmonies are blended in such a way that, IMO, if you didn't already know about Layne (RIP) you'd think he was still in the band...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I think it sounds good. It has a Crowbar type riff. If you're not a AIC fan you'll think everything they do is annoying. New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_smile Walk by Pantera is as simple as it gets and it rocks imo.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Pass ... never was a fan.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

"What you never liked "Man in a Box" "Would" or "The Rooster" New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 pm

325ad wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

"What you never liked "Man in a Box" "Would" or "The Rooster" New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_scratch

I like me some AIC. But those original vids don't work anymore so I can't comment on the new stuff. Regarding the three songs in the above question, I LOVE all three!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 pm

325ad wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

They are 'okay'. Just not my thing though! More power to those who like it though!!!

I just never really got into the whole 'grunge' scene.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
325ad wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

They are 'okay'. Just not my thing though! More power to those who like it though!!!

I just never really got into the whole 'grunge' scene.

They were lumped into that scene but they are technically a metal band. They really have nothing in common with Nirvana or Pearl jam. They have a lot in common with Black Sabbath!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"   New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "Alice in Chains" Black Gives Way to Blue"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next