Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

All things Metallica - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
the "secret' project has been revealed - it's a Lou Reed/Metallica album:

I thought you were going to say it was Metallica Monopoly, but I imagine this will sell about as much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 am

I am a huge Lou Reed fan like I stated before, and he was part of a band that was very influential the Velvet Underground, that released some of the most ground breaking and almost avant gard music of their era.

Lou Reed as a solo artist is no slouch either, has released some of the most thought provoking albums in rock history, 'Berlin' 'Transformer' ' Blue Mask' etc, his influence is on the rock landscape is enormous, and his lyrics are some of the best, IMO.

I can't blame Metallica for jumping at a chance to work with Lou Reed, but their styles are night and day, but it could turn out to be interesting and inspired pairing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 am

holydiver97595 wrote:

I thought you were going to say it was Metallica Monopoly, but I imagine this will sell about as much.

Metallica Monopoly would be a hoot. Imagine the game board. The "utilities" and "railroads" could be famous concert venues from their past (The Whisky, The Stone, Ruthie's Inn, L'amour, etc.) and the Monopoly money could have the band members' faces on it. Instead of "houses" and "hotels" there'd be "tour buses" and "recording studios."

...and of course, Dave Mustaine would be the angry looking guy behind bars on the "jail" space. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:

Metallica Monopoly would be a hoot. Imagine the game board. The "utilities" and "railroads" could be famous concert venues from their past (The Stone, Ruthie's Inn, L'amour, etc.) and the Monopoly money could have the band members' faces on it. Instead of "houses" and "hotels" there'd be "tour buses" and "recording studios."

...and of course, Dave Mustaine would be the angry looking guy behind bars on the "jail" space. Very Happy

It's a reality. It was just announced a few days ago...

http://www.metallica.com/news/20110613_news.asp
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

No sh*t? That's hilarious. I'd buy that. Laughing very hard I already have a Simpsons Monopoly and a New York Yankees Monopoly, this would be a cool addition to the collection!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

No sh*t? That's hilarious. I'd buy that. Laughing very hard I already have a Simpsons Monopoly and a New York Yankees Monopoly, this would be a cool addition to the collection!!!

I would have to have dibs on "The Jump In The Fire" Beast piece at all times. They should have a cross/electric chair piece, but oh well. I don't have a Monopoly game board at this time, but if I feel the need to grab one, it's probably this one that I will get. How cool would a Slayer Monopoly game board be? Instead of going directly to jail, you could go directly to hell.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 am

All things Metallica - Page 4 Metallica-Monopoly

I think Mr. Monopoly should be throwing the horns, but other than that... cool box art!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 am

I know Jack and sh*t about Lou Reed so I'm kinda leary about a colaboration between these 2. Like Manny stated, their styles seem are so night and day I don't know how this is gonna work. Wait and see I guess.

"...and the colored girls sing YeeeaHHHHHHHHH"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I would have to have dibs on "The Jump In The Fire" Beast piece at all times. They should have a cross/electric chair piece, but oh well. I don't have a Monopoly game board at this time, but if I feel the need to grab one, it's probably this one that I will get.

I'm just imagining the "Chance" cards.

"You're Kicked out of Band - pay $25 for Bus Ticket Back To California, plot your revenge the whole way back"

"Tour Bus Crashes, kills Bassist - Go Back 3 Spaces!"

"GO TO REHAB! GO DIRECTLY TO REHAB. Do not pass Go, do NOT collect $200!"

...OK, those are probably a little cruel. Very Happy

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 am

I can't think of any two artists that are as radically different then Lou Reed and Metallica.

If you combine the sales figures of Lou Reed's entire discography ( a recording career that goes back to 1967) I doubt that it would add even close to Metallica's worst selling album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I would have to have dibs on "The Jump In The Fire" Beast piece at all times. They should have a cross/electric chair piece, but oh well. I don't have a Monopoly game board at this time, but if I feel the need to grab one, it's probably this one that I will get.

I'm just imagining the "Chance" cards.

"You're Kicked out of Band - pay $25 for Bus Ticket Back To California, plot your revenge the whole way back"

"Tour Bus Crashes, kills Bassist - Go Back 3 Spaces!"

"GO TO REHAB! GO DIRECTLY TO REHAB. Do not pass Go, do NOT collect $200!"

...OK, those are probably a little cruel. Very Happy

Your'e going to hell for that second one Keith lol!

...or when one lands on Community Chest: Lars Ulrich busts illegal down loader on Napster known as SpectreFate: Collect as much as you want.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Community Chest: Lars Ulrich busts illegal down loader on Napster known as SpectreFate: Collect as much as you want.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:33 am

First day buy for me.

The Monopoly game, not the colla(bore)ation album. Smile
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:39 pm

More news regarding the album w/Lou Reed.

Lou wrote all of the songs and Metallica is involved with the arrangement of the music.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/blogs/alternate-take/exclusive-metallica-and-lou-reed-join-forces-on-new-album-20110615
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

No sh*t? That's hilarious. I'd buy that. All things Metallica - Page 4 201269 I already have a Simpsons Monopoly and a New York Yankees Monopoly, this would be a cool addition to the collection!!!

I have a Star Wars edition. Opened it up to check it out, but I don't think I every actually played it. Got it as a gift one year for Christmas. By the time my kids are old enough to play it, they'll have no clue what Star Wars is. It might as well be a "Citizen Kane" edition.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Quote :
Reed and Metallica first played together in October 2009, at the 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concerts in New York. Ulrich, singer-guitarist James Hetfield, guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo backed Reed on two of his classic songs.

Here's 'Sweet Jane' for your listening, uh, pleasure?

Welp, it's not filling me with much confidence for this new joint. But what do I know? Seems like Metallica is downplaying their abilities here though. I get it that they're just playing back-up, but I'd hope for this new record, they "metal-up" Lou's style and not the other way around.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Just when you thought Metallica alienated every single fan on the planet.......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

You kiddin'? Mglaffas81 probably already has the release date marked on his calendar, and he's pre-ordered the CD, the download, the limited edition vinyl, and the Sooper Dooper Deluxe Collectors Box Set Edition with t-shirt and DVD. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

You kiddin'? Mglaffas81 probably already has the release date marked on his calendar, and he's pre-ordered the CD, the download, the limited edition vinyl, and the Sooper Dooper Deluxe Collectors Box Set Edition with t-shirt and DVD. Very Happy

OK, you got me. Everyone but that guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

This move actually brings me back in, doesn't push me away.

Lou Reed may be an acquired taste, but the dude is a genius.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

This move actually brings me back in, doesn't push me away.

Lou Reed may be an acquired taste, but the dude is a genius.

Enjoy.

I was listening to the "classic" Metallica yesterday and it does nothing for me now. It's a shame really. Along with Slayer, that music just doesn't do it for me any longer.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Keith, C'mon dude, Mglaffas81 will be writing the liner notes for the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Enjoy.

I was listening to the "classic" Metallica yesterday and it does nothing for me now. It's a shame really. Along with Slayer, that music just doesn't do it for me any longer.

Well, one thing that helped me, is that I didn't listen to any metal from 1997 to 2005, and then I was catching up on stuff I "hadn't" heard, so I didn't get back around to Metallica and Slayer till about 2008.

That 11 year break helped quite a bit with keeping it "fresh sounding" again.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Quote :

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Not a bad idea.

Listening to tons of Coltrane and Miles and Ornette Coleman and others will also help "cleanse the palette" for metal later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next