Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

All things Metallica - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:
I wonder if they will record "Unforgiven IV" on some future project.

Only if Lou Reed's involved, by the way according to some music sites 'Lulu' looks like it might become Metallica's first commercial failure.
People aren't literate enough to get it, according to Poo Reed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 pm

"Poo Reed", really? You're slipping, that sounds like a 10th grader put-down.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
"Poo Reed", really? You're slipping, that sounds like a 10th grader put-down.

Laughing very hard
lol!

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:51 pm

God, After hearing those tunes, Kirk's Playing is more Generic than ever, he just can't get out of that Pentatonic Box, a Robot can do better Laughing

Are these supposed to be 'rebound' songs from the absolute Catastrophe called LULU? LMAO

I think they're saving their faces from total embarrassment

These Old Farts should call it a day, They can't write good songs anymore

For those who don't know, there is a Guitar Hero Version of DEATH MAGNETIC, an un-official re-Master that sounds way better than the Official CD/iTunes version...You Can Google it Wink

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
God, After hearing those tunes, Kirk's Playing is more Generic than ever, he just can't get out of that Pentatonic Box, a Robot can do better Laughing

Are these supposed to be 'rebound' songs from the absolute Catastrophe called LULU? LMAO

For those who don't know, there is a Guitar Hero Version of DEATH MAGNETIC, an un-official re-Master that sounds way better than the Official CD/iTunes version...You Can Google it Wink
You should quit your job, dude. Seriously. Just stop. You're no good at it. In fact, you suck. So says I. So do it. Please.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

You should quit your job, dude. Seriously. Just stop. You're no good at it. In fact, you suck. So says I. So do it. Please.

Sorry for hurting your feelings fanboy lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:00 pm

EmoElmo wrote:

That basically sums up the majority of his career. He skated through on attitude until "Justice", then he just kept getting more and more boring.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Sorry for hurting your feelings fanboy lol!
Not a fan-boy in the least. I just find it absurdly annoying when supposed music fans suggest bands/musicians "call it a day." It's frickin' retarded.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
?
That's what he's asking Metallica to do. Surely they're well off, but because he doesn't like what they're doing, he's suggesting they quit what is essentially their job. Worse, their life. It's stupid.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Can metal moments be sacrilegious? I think Cliff would be okay with this, knowing the type of individual metal fans perceived him to be. It's just so weird to see or hear anyone else play his song, but damn cool. R.I.P. Cliff Burton.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 pm

From what I read, that was a little impromptu thing. Looks like he was trying to remember it as he went.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Can metal moments be sacrilegious? I think Cliff would be okay with this, knowing the type of individual metal fans perceived him to be. It's just so weird to see or hear anyone else play his song, but damn cool. R.I.P. Cliff Burton.

I remember the first time I saw Metallica live, touring for the black album, Jason did a bass solo and in the middle, played a little bit of 'Anethesia'. It got a huge response, but he quickly got out of it, almost like "Whoops, I shouldn't be playing this".

Robert really looks like he's concentrating on his playing for that one. Pretty cool.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I remember the first time I saw Metallica live, touring for the black album, Jason did a bass solo and in the middle, played a little bit of 'Anethesia'. It got a huge response, but he quickly got out of it, almost like "Whoops, I shouldn't be playing this".

Robert really looks like he's concentrating on his playing for that one. Pretty cool.

When I saw Metallica on the Justice tour for my first go around with the band, I remember two dip sh!ts near me, yelling for Anesthesia to be played. Even at the ripe young age of 17, I shook my head in disbelief. Here it was November of 1988, and were only two years removed from those tragic circumstances of September 27th, 1986, yet two dunderheads wanted to hear their favorite bass solo, which wasn't going to be played, nor should it have been played.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

From what I gather, a big part of the 30th anniversary celebration was a tribute to Cliff Burton, including his dad giving a talk, so it's appropriate that Anesthesia be played there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Quote :

Metallica have just released a four-track digital EP.

Called Beyond Magnetic, it features four songs recorded during the Death Magnetic sessions, but left off the album. The band played one of these each night during last week’s four-night 30th anniversary run of shows at the Filmore in San Francisco.

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Called Beyond Magnetic, it features four songs recorded during the Death Magnetic sessions, but left off the album. The band played one of these each night during last week’s four-night 30th anniversary run of shows at the Filmore in San Francisco.

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

I guess they are trying to make up for the revenue lost from Lulu
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Maybe the failure of Lulu will help kick Lars in the ass and make him stop wanting to prove to his rich Hollywood friends how artsy-fartsy he can be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 pm

sheets wrote:
Maybe the failure of Lulu will help kick Lars in the ass and make him stop wanting to prove to his rich Hollywood friends how artsy-fartsy he can be.

It's a nice theory, but I doubt it. Lulu will silently fall to the wayside and Metallica will continue to do whatever the hell they want to do because they can. Even if Lulu turns out to be a critical and financila failure, noone in the band is going broke or homeless because of it.

They can put out a string of sh*tty albums, but their live shows (where the real money is) will continue to sell-out for all the folks that want to hear "the classics".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sheets wrote:

It's a nice theory, but I doubt it. Lulu will silently fall to the wayside and Metallica will continue to do whatever the hell they want to do because they can. Even if Lulu turns out to be a critical and financila failure, noone in the band is going broke or homeless because of it.

They can put out a string of sh*tty albums, but their live shows (where the real money is) will continue to sell-out for all the folks that want to hear "the classics".

I have to agree neither Lou Reed or Metallica are going to go the poor house.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

I had a feeling this was coming sooner or later. Betcha it outsells LULU even if it's only a digital release.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Kinda neat collectors item I guess, but I wasn't overly impressed by any of those songs. I can see why they didn't make the initial cut. Lars' drumming is what it is at this point, but James really needs some help in the lyrical department.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

Why the hell do people keep saying this? It's retarded. Yeah, they did this and also coordinated a big, four-day concert that featured tons of guests...all as damage control for Lulu.

Face it. They don't care that people dislike Lulu.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

Why the hell do people keep saying this? It's retarded. Yeah, they did this and also coordinated a big, four-day concert that featured tons of guests...all as damage control for Lulu.

I think they were joking eyesore, but I also agree that neither Metallica or Lou Reed give a rat's ass, if anything they seem happy to have pissed off so many of their fans.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

I think they were joking eyesore, but I also agree that neither Metallica or Lou Reed give a rat's ass, if anything they seem happy to have pissed off so many of their fans.

I was joking about that! It's a Lou Reed album - if you don't like Lou Reed you will hate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next