Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pearl Jam

Go down 
+18
SAHB Healer
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
jmapot
mc666
XYZ
scottmitchell74
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
thejokeriv
Schbopo
tohostudios
manny
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:03 pm

rattpoison wrote:
manny wrote:

In my very humble opinion Andrew Wood was a good songwriter heading toward greatness.

As far as i'm concerned here was already there, if he lived through the 90's he would have livened up what was for the most part a drab decade.

After listening to selections from Mother Love Bone's Apple CD, I have to revise my previous humble opinion, and say I again have to agree with rattpoison, Andrew Wood he had reached greatness.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:32 pm

damn i didnt want to go that far back lol

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Anyone have (or hear) the new Pearl Jam?

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Pearl_jam_backspacer

I think it's excellent. It is getting some bad reviews because the disillusioned Birkenstock clad hippies think the band sold out. Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes I must admit that seeing PJ in a Target commercial was a bit of a turn off, but everyone has to eat.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

I have not heard it yet but it will be on my next CD shopping list, as far as being turned off because they signed an exclusive deal with Target, those peps are morons. Radio and M (what a joke ) TV no longer support new material by older artist such as Pearl Jam. As an artist you want your music heard and if an exclusive deal with Target or Walmart makes that possible, I have no issue with a band doing this.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 pm

I think the new album is pretty good too. I have to give it another listen though. Hey however your album sells is fine by me. Ive had my cd in Pastry shops, coffee shops etc and we've sold them there so you have to do what you have to do. Anyone who complains about a band selling out doesnt think of the actual band themselves. People have to make money and I don't think Pearl Jam has really sold out to anything. If you listen to their recent stuff compared to Ten they have done anything but sell themselves out since the newer stuff is a less commercial than anything on Ten or even Vs.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm

I sat here today and listened to "Rearview Mirror" (the 2CD collection) and, I have to say, aside from a few songs, I don't like Pearl Jam. I like about half of 'Ten' and a couple songs after that ("Animal" & "Dissident" mainly)...but beyond that, it ain't clicking with me.

I think I'll be trading off this CD...

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I sat here today and listened to "Rearview Mirror" (the 2CD collection) and, I have to say, aside from a few songs, I don't like Pearl Jam. I like about half of 'Ten' and a couple songs after that ("Animal" & "Dissident" mainly)...but beyond that, it ain't clicking with me.

I think I'll be trading off this CD...

I was the same way almost exactly. I dug most of Ten, then about 4 songs from VS. then about 3 songs from Vitalogy and then I gave up because the law of diminishing returns was rearing it's head. I sold off my Pearl Jam discs around 1996 and haven't heard them (or missed them) since.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 pm

It took me a long time to warm-up to that whole Seattle/grunge scene, but I still dislike Pearl Jam. Mostly Eddie Vedder though. He irks me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I still really like Ten and still break it out every so often. Even sprung for the deluxe edition upgrade. The rest of their stuff just never did much for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pearl Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam   Pearl Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearl Jam
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5