Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist

Go down 
+14
Waylon
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
manny
Eyesore
tohostudios
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Empty
PostSubject: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 pm

And it's that Dilana chick who was on Rockstar Supernova.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00767.shtml

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I saw that. If anything, she's got a great rock voice.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:30 pm

She is an excellent vocalist but I wish she had gone ahead with her own solo projects and try to get that off the ground then go with this band who's glory days are waaaaaaay behind them.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 pm

manny wrote:
She is an excellent vocalist but I wish she had gone ahead with her own solo projects and try to get that off the ground then go with this band who's glory days are waaaaaaay behind them.
Did she even join the legit version of Guns?

Is there a legit version? lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Did she even join the legit version of Guns?

Is there a legit version? lol!

Excellent question!!! I would say NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:41 pm

I'll probably give this band a shot when the put something out. Obviously I'll want to hear it first though.

And I think they should ditch the LA Guns name and call themselves something else; I think more people would give them a shot under a different moniker.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'll probably give this band a shot when the put something out. Obviously I'll want to hear it first though.

And I think they should ditch the LA Guns name and call themselves something else; I think more people would give them a shot under a different moniker.

I agree plus I think most peps consider the Phil Lewis lead L.A. Guns has the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Renaming the band would've been a big step forward instead of trying to pigeonhole her Wink into the fake "L.A. Guns". She won't last any longer than the 'Rock Star INXS' runner-up did. Tracii needs to stop looking for gimmicks, swallow his pride, admit defeat and get back with Phil. Either that or stop smurfing around with the musical chairs and release a new studio album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:35 am

More people will hear her under a well-established band name than under a brand new band name. Good luck getting heard amidst the 999,000 other new bands out there without international band name recognition.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:40 am

manny wrote:

X2!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Phil Lewis's voice is the most recognizable aspect of LA Guns. So even though Tracii started the band, his version is a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
More people will hear her under a well-established band name than under a brand new band name. Good luck getting heard amidst the 999,000 other new bands out there without international band name recognition.

As much as I love L.A. Guns, let's be honest -- this is a washed up brand that's even more diluted by two different touring groups, so what's the point? Just to do the M3 Festival next year? L.A. Guns aren't going to get on radio, sell albums or get on a Rockstar Energy tour. All of that is somewhat of a realistic dream if she allied herself with people who have a younger image. She joined the nostalgia circuit.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

X2!!!!

That's the only reason I'll give this band a shot. I agree with others who said Phil Lewis' vocals are what made LA Guns, LA Guns. Hopefully this incarnation will morph their songwriting to fit Dilana's voice which of course would mean they won't sound much like LA Guns.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

X2!!!!

That's the only reason I'll give this band a shot. I agree with others who said Phil Lewis' vocals are what made LA Guns, LA Guns. Hopefully this incarnation will morph their songwriting to fit Dilana's voice which of course would mean they won't sound much like LA Guns.

She was the most talented contestant on Rock Star and should have won
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:51 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

As much as I love L.A. Guns, let's be honest -- this is a washed up brand that's even more diluted by two different touring groups, so what's the point? Just to do the M3 Festival next year? L.A. Guns aren't going to get on radio, sell albums or get on a Rockstar Energy tour. All of that is somewhat of a realistic dream if she allied herself with people who have a younger image. She joined the nostalgia circuit.

I agree with the Misfit here. Joining a nostalgia act that's way past their prime ain't gonna get her anywhere. Phil and Tracii need to kiss & make-up for me to be bothered with any new LA Guns.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:31 am

A "washed up brand" in 2011 is worth more than no brand. I guarantee a new LA Guns album would sell more than a solo album of hers, no matter how badly damaged the brand is.

It's all about branding, not quality. That's why METALLICA still do very well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am

Quote :
I guarantee a new LA Guns album would sell more than a solo album of hers

Well, 8 is more than 3, so you got me there. Razz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:42 am

BTW didn't Tracii Guns leave LA Guns so he could join Brides of Destruction? Then when he find out this band was not more then a side project for Nikki Sixx, he formed his own scab version of the band, when he found out the real LA Guns moved on?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 am

manny wrote:
BTW didn't Tracii Guns leave LA Guns so he could join Brides of Destruction? Then when he find out this band was not more then a side project for Nikki Sixx, he formed his own scab version of the band, when he found out the real LA Guns moved on?

Sounds about right.

Tracii probably woulda been better off to resurrect the Brides of Destruction with this new girl and work that angle. Put out a new BoD album, tour that and throw some LA Guns covers in there instead of trying to comepete with the Phil Lewis version. Just like when there were 2 versions of Ratt touring, having 2 versions of LA Guns just sounds dumb.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Sounds about right.

Tracii probably woulda been better off to resurrect the Brides of Destruction with this new girl and work that angle. Put out a new BoD album, tour that and throw some LA Guns covers in there instead of trying to comepete with the Phil Lewis version. Just like when there were 2 versions of Ratt touring, having 2 versions of LA Guns just sounds dumb.

Very true and at least Ratt thanks to VH1 Classics and Classic Rock Radio can pull in younger fans where the kids just don't give a RATT's ass about any version of LA Guns, its an oldies act as far as they and I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 pm

manny wrote:

Absolutely. This is why it's ludicrous for Tracii to even make a claim to the name. He walked away. I don't see Ace coming out with his own version of KISS.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

Quote :
If that wasn't enough, vocalist Phil Lewis (of the OTHER L.A. Guns) sent a message to Metal Sludge explaining his thoughts on the recent happenings -- the entire letter can be viewed at www.metalsludge.tv.. "I'm honestly not bothered either way. What bothers me is what damage he's doing to his credibility and to the damage he's doing to the name L.A. Guns. Everybody here knows there are two versions and lots of fans I've met on the road are aware of whats going on but to the average punter who remembers "The Ballad Of Jayne", "Sex Action", "Rip 'N Tear", "Electric Gypsy" and "Never Enough", to mention just a few of our songs, who comes in from the cold and sees Chris Van Dahl, Ralph, Paul Black, Marty Cassey and even Jizzy (Pearl) is incredibly insulting and now this chick (Dilana Robichaux) is clearly taking the piss."

Lewis continues, "My advice to Tracii is try and find another band, he would be great with Steven Adler, he would be perfect in W.A.S.P. or Quiet Riot, he's a gifted guitarist and can play anything and would be a major asset for any touring band but his answer would probably be his heart aint in it which is a shame because if he continues like this his heart will inventively get broken. I wish Tracii no harm or evil. Yes he did stab us in the guts when he told us he was leaving the band during the photo shoot for the cover of 'Waking The Dead' that lost us a world tour with Alice Cooper and shortly after got us dropped from our record deal and his response when we begged him not to leave was 'I don't give a Smurf about you or your families' as he looked me in the eye. Water under the bridge now, so long ago, we scrambled, got lots of help from friends and have since released three fine legitimate records that I'm incredibly proud of. 'Tales From The Strip' I consider to be the sweetest revenge."

"We will continue to tour and were getting into pre production for a new record when we get back for a mid summer release next year that will be even better than 'Tales'", concludes Lewis. "So I'm not going to be wasting much time with this drama much longer. I wish him luck and would support anything he does other than continue to ruin the bands reputation, but given his history of making disastrous decisions, career suicide appears to be inevitable."

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:22 am

I'm sure it's tough for Tracii to give up the band that he started, but Phil's right. He should just start up a new band altogether and let it go. They can still perform LA Guns songs live, so what's the difference?

Take a look at what Slash is doing. Same deal.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm sure it's tough for Tracii to give up the band that he started, but Phil's right. He should just start up a new band altogether and let it go. They can still perform LA Guns songs live, so what's the difference?

I refrained from chimming in because I only know the first 3 LA Guns albums, but this seems the best suggestion. I know name recognition is important so he should just call his band Tracii Guns (or maybe Tracii's Guns). Not as recognizable as LA Guns but his name is well known to rock fans, I don't think there is many people who doesn't know his name.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 am

The Gunz Of LA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next