Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pearl Jam - Ten reissue

Go down 
+14
MetalFRO
scottmitchell74
manny
candlemass
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
stepcousin
Troublezone
Addy
kmorg
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Rex
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Empty
PostSubject: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:46 pm

https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-reissue-band%E2%80%99s-debut-album-ten

I loved their first album and have been thinking about getting it on cd (only had it on tape before and haven't listened to it in a loooong time) so this nails it, I'll get this for sure.

Looks like the normal version is going to come as 2 discs. Disc 1 is the original album beefed up/remixed/whatever. And disc 2 is a remaster version with bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

I will pick this up. Ten is one of the very best albums of the nineties, no matter what genre.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Here's a detailed version:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/pearl-jam-t6963-75.htm

oops. my bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm

I ordered my super deluxe edition back when I first heard about it. I cant wait. If you go to their myspace page they have some songs up there now that are from this set.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

This comes out today, anyone run out and buy it yet?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Rex wrote:
This comes out today, anyone run out and buy it yet?

Not yet - but I will Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

I got my super deluxe edition yesturday in the mail. The thing is huge! Tons of really great stuff in it and really worth the money. I just wish I had a record player I could trust to play the live record on.

Only one thing im a little peaved about and its that mine didnt come autographed. On the website they said random ones will be autographed and I guess I wasnt one of those random people. Sad Either way though its great. I havent even listened to the remastered or mixed version yet but the presentation of it is nice!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Might pick this one up too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I will pick this up. Ten is one of the very best albums of the nineties, no matter what genre.

Couldnt disagree more but differant strokes for differant folks
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

I've liked some of their songs here and there but have never owned one of their albums. I might get this since it's their "classic" one.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm

I watched a thing today on VH1 Classic. It was a documentary about the making of the album. I do remember that short but forgettable era in the early 90's. I never could get into that style of music and even though I watched today with an open mind, since this was one of the pioneering albums from that era, I remember now why I never could sink my teeth into Pearl Jam. They dont suck, far from it, but just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I've liked some of their songs here and there but have never owned one of their albums. I might get this since it's their "classic" one.

Pretty much the same here. I owned Ten it was the first actual cd I ever bought. Other then that cd I never purchased anything as it was really hit or miss with more strikeouts then hits.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 am

stepcousin wrote:
I remember now why I never could sink my teeth into Pearl Jam. They dont suck, far from it, but just not my thing.

Ditto. They're an OK band I guess but I have never understood all the whoop-de-doo about'em

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
I remember now why I never could sink my teeth into Pearl Jam. They dont suck, far from it, but just not my thing.

Ditto. They're an OK band I guess but I have never understood all the whoop-de-doo about'em

The first two albums are great, the thrid one is good, the rest - I haven't bought them!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 pm

I was always more of a Alice in Chains and Soundgarden fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
They changed. Pearl Jam was originally sort of working on leftovers from other bands. Some argue that stuff is better. When the vaults dried up, so to speak, they began crafting new stuff and their style changed. That's why there's such a division of opinions when it comes to their stuff. By the time Vitalogy came out, they were a different band altogether.

I've liked it all, personally.

Either way, this reissue of Ten is pretty good. The remixed version is spectacular. Compared side by side, the original sounds like a demo. The remix is so crisp and alive with previously unheard sounds. Very cool. And the unreleased tracks aren't that bad, either.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm

I'll see if I can hunt this down this weekend. I think their first album is spectacular, but anything after that left me high and dry. They had a few songs here and there that were decent, but nothing nearly as good as that first one.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 pm

It's also one of the best debut lp's ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am

That remix-remastered (Redux) version is awesome!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 am

candlemass wrote:
It's also one of the best debut lp's ever!

I second that opinion.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:46 am

Quote :
Ten is one of the very best albums of the nineties, no matter what genre.

So true. I breathed that thing for a 3-4 year period.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 am

This is one of the better remixes I have heard - it sounds more like the mix on VS now.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 pm

I still have my original CD copy which I love, but I might get this re-issue...I'm very tempted to anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
I still have my original CD copy which I love, but I might get this re-issue...I'm very tempted to anyway.
I'm not a fan but I thought I heard the new re-issue
has bonus tracks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Jam - Ten reissue   Pearl Jam - Ten reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearl Jam - Ten reissue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next