Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best pearl jam album after ten

Go down 
+8
akeldama
manny
DallasBlack
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Neuropete
Metallic Blaze
fingers
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best pearl jam album after ten Empty
PostSubject: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:30 am

Not really familiar with Pearl jam besides their album Ten which has grown on me don't like their song alive so much. Just wandering if they have got any other good albums besides ten I have been hearing rumours that Vs and Vitology are good. I have heard songs off their latest albums they are complete crap
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:31 am

I like "Vitalogy". It's a decent spin now and then.

It's actually my favorite of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 am

fingers wrote:
Not really familiar with Pearl jam besides their album Ten which has grown on me don't like their song alive so much. Just wandering if they have got any other good albums besides ten I have been hearing rumours that Vs and Vitology are good. I have heard songs off their latest albums they are complete crap

I like Vs. quite a bit. Some of it is nostalgia, because I was in my early twenties when it was out, just out of college, and it was the soundtrack to many good times. But, it is a great album on its own, and still holds up for me today. I actually like their latest, Backspacer, quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 am

Vs is their best after 10, Vitalogoy is good and it's down hill from there
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Vs is their best after 10, Vitalogoy is good and it's down hill from there

After 10 there really isnt much material these guys put out that I liked except for a few songs here and there. I would def check out what joker said. Vs then Vitalogy. Better Man is an exceptinal song as well as Yellow Ledbetter but Im not sure that was released on an album just on a single?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:32 pm

I love Ten but everytime I get close to getting any other PJ, I pass it up for something else. I'd probalby have to find something very cheap or have nothing else that peaques my interest.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 pm

I will be the lone man on this, but personally I have liked every album Pearl Jam has released, I can't comment on their newest album but so far they have a solid discography and it is no accident that have outlasted the rest of the so called grunge bands.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 pm

I don't like any of their albums any time of the day whether it's before of after Ten. Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 am

manny wrote:
I will be the lone man on this, but personally I have liked every album Pearl Jam has released, I can't comment on their newest album but so far they have a solid discography and it is no accident that have outlasted the rest of the so called grunge bands.

That's kinda how I feel too, though admittedly I've not heard every last one. Out of all the albums I've heard - I like everything.

Seems like you and I have a bit in common Manny.

Best pearl jam album after ten 604261
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Bar none 10 is the best work PJ has done! They have had some other solid songs (Glorified G, Daughter, Animal), but as a whole 10 is a classic. More than likely due inpart to still hanging on to that amazing Mother Love Bone vibe after Andrew Woods untimely demise.

The Singles movie soundtrack is probably the next best PJ stuff, but as I mentioned above, this is not a complete album just a few songs.

If you dig the vibe from 10 pick the Singles soundtrack, Temple Of The Dog and the Mother Love Bone double disc, then get Vs. and Vitology and call it a day.

My 2 cents of course.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am

manny wrote:

You are not alone, oh Brother! Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_smile

I actually like every album too... I have bought all of them usually within the week they have been released. I own Backspacer, and as I mentioned it is pretty good. Unfortunately for many folks, they did not release Ten 9 times. Each album is unique, and that is what I like about them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Vs. is the best after Ten.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Neuropete wrote:
manny wrote:

You are not alone, oh Brother! Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_smile

I actually like every album too... I have bought all of them usually within the week they have been released. I own Backspacer, and as I mentioned it is pretty good. Unfortunately for many folks, they did not release Ten 9 times. Each album is unique, and that is what I like about them.

Backspacer is pretty good - I like it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Rierviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003 Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 pm

uh. I liked Ten initially, though I got very burnt out on it. I bought Vs. when it came out and liked it about half as much. Then later I bought a used copy of Vitalogy and there were about 3 songs I liked.

I gave up right there, haven't heard a single song since that I liked.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I took out "Vitalogy" today and blew the dust off it.

I was surprised at how good of an album it actually is. Much better than I had previously thought. There are a few 'filler' songs, but for the most part - it's a very solid album.

I think I will get more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:28 pm

I recently had a listen to their recent album backspacer and I found it very boring only a few stand out tracks and I can't believe the hype that its the best album since Vitalogy its bland as and sounds a little too indie rock for my taste
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:01 am

I almost picked up "Backspacer" this weekend, but I reluctantly passed and got something else instead.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I almost picked up "Backspacer" this weekend, but I reluctantly passed and got something else instead.

It's worth a pick up. It doesn't have the super fast/almost metal rockers on it, but a good listen.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:03 pm

martinsane wrote:
Bar none 10 is the best work PJ has done! They have had some other solid songs (Glorified G, Daughter, Animal), but as a whole 10 is a classic. More than likely due inpart to still hanging on to that amazing Mother Love Bone vibe after Andrew Woods untimely demise.

The Singles movie soundtrack is probably the next best PJ stuff, but as I mentioned above, this is not a complete album just a few songs.

If you dig the vibe from 10 pick the Singles soundtrack, Temple Of The Dog and the Mother Love Bone double disc, then get Vs. and Vitology and call it a day.

My 2 cents of course.
Mother Love Bone will always be better than Pearl Jam Andrew Wood is on the same wave length as Phil Lynnot and Bob Dylan when it comes to songwriting like Randy Rhoads he never got to hit his peak which was a great shame and he has way more charisma than Eddie Vedder. I would label MLB more glam than grunge.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/what-do-you-all-think-of-mother-love-bone-t961.htm?highlight=mother+love+bone
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:21 am

I agree with you fingers. Mother Love Bone (though they had a big impact on the grunge scene), was really more glam metal.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:48 pm

manny wrote:

What's their best album after Vitalogy. I had a listen to albums Vs and Vitalogy, Vs is really good, with Vitalogy I only like half the songs on that album the rest sounds too indie rock sort of songs bands like Powderfinger, Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon would rip off for their songs.
I heard abit of No Code it sounds ok but again too indie rock
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:59 pm

I like indie rock.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Fingers IMO the best album after 'Ten' is 'VS' and ' Yield' but I am afraid both of these may have too much of indie rock feel for you, but IMO they are very solid rock albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm

PJ have yet to make a bad album, IMO. They are my favorite band from the 90's, I believe. (but don't quote me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best pearl jam album after ten
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next