Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock/Metal Urban Legends

Go down 
+17
XYZ
manny
James B.
akeldama
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Shiney
Troublezone
the sentinel
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
You need to try that. Shocked

It's a sync up of the album and the movie. AWESOME!

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

WOW!!! Thanks, TT! 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone ever hear that the name Alice Cooper was a real person (female) that was one of the witches burned at the stake during the Salem Witch Hunt? I believe Frank Zappa had something to do with the naming of the band, telling the members to just call the band Alice Cooper, and eventually Vincent just adopted the name Alice Cooper for himself. But was there a real Alice Cooper?

That sounds plausible enough. I have never heard that one before though. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 pm

For what it's worth, Wikipedia strikes again...

Quote :
Early press releases claimed that the name was agreed upon after a session with a Ouija board, during which it was revealed that Furnier was the reincarnation of a 17th century witch named Alice Cooper. However, it is now widely accepted that this story was in fact a publicity stunt

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Ahhh. Still a cool story though. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

The Frank Zappa part of the story is still true. I think Alice himself told it on one of those VH-1 shows.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Zappa's credo was all press is good press...and never deny anything...The time ALICE had a chicken thrown on stage at him and he tossed it back to the crowd and they tore it to pieces...The media frenzied and stated "Alice Cooper killed Chickens onstage" Zappa was a sort of managerial presence to them at the time and told them 'Don't you dare deny that!!"

ALICE is the man!!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:35 pm

There's a Back In Black album with Bon on vox.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Quote :
We Are Sexual Perverts is another one.

I have a vinyl of the self-titled W.A.S.P., and although it was probably a record company idea, it actually has 'We Are Sexual Perverts' etched into it.

Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Wearesexualperverts

I have that album on vinyl too, never noticed if my copy had "We Are Sexual Perverts" etched in it though. I'll have to remember to take a look.

I dug my old W.A.S.P. album out of the back of the closet last night and took a look at it, and it does have "We Are Sexual Perverts" etched into the inner ring. I've had that album since it was a new release and I can't believe I never noticed it!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Alice Cooper taking a sign onstage and Frank Zappa munched it straight down the neck.

Jeff Fenholt being in Sabbath
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Who is Jeff Fenholt?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Jeff Fenholt is a guy that Iommi had sing on some demos that would
later turn up as some of the material on Black Sabbath's "Seventh Star"
LP and was briefly considered to be in the running to be a singer for
Black Sabbath but he was passed over and Iommi brought in Glenn Hughes.
Later on Jeff Fenholt became a Christian minister claiming he was
a member of Black Sabbath despite never performing live with any
various line ups of Black Sabbath or having any material released, thou
a bootleg of him singing on the demos is in circulation somewhere out
there, a few years ago he was hit with a court order to stop using the
name Black Sabbath for his traveling ministries.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Who is Jeff Fenholt?

He was in Jesus Christ Superstar and worked for TBN as well I believe. In "Never Say Die" which is an excellent book about Black Sabbath by the way, it says that there were quite a few demos made with Fenholt, but this was all after Ward & Geezer left when Seventh Star was being planned as a Iommi solo album. Don Arden (Sabbath's Manager) suggested they use him so tracks were written, although Tony Iommi and Geoff Nicholls wrote the majority of the material. It's generally agreed on that Jeff was never told it was an Iommi solo album he was working on but an actual Sabbath album. Also according to the book though, Seventh Star was originally supposed to use a variety of different singers and not just one, so technically even if it was planned as a BS album, he was never enlisted as a member of the band, but more of a collaborater. The main stink he's drug up about it is his claim that they used alot of his melodies & lyrics on Seventh Star and didnt credit him for it, and claimed he was a member of Black Sabbath. While he may have written some melodies the lyrics claim is bogus, because none of the final cut lyrics match whats on the demos. Supposedly he left because of a arguement with Don Arden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 pm

There was another "evils of rock and roll" Christian evangelist type years back who claimed that before he was saved, he took Nikki Sixx's place in Motley Crue for a couple of years while Nikki recovered from an overdose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
There was another "evils of rock and roll" Christian evangelist type years back who claimed that before he was saved, he took Nikki Sixx's place in Motley Crue for a couple of years while Nikki recovered from an overdose.

I was gonna mention that or something similar. A guy was doing talk shows and such claiming to have been "nikki" during the Theater of Pain tour and claimed to have even written tunes on the lp.
He even showed a lot of photos from shoots where "Nikki" had posed with exagerated facial expressions to help mask the non resemblence of him and the actual Nikki. Never heard whether he won his lawsuit or not ?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 am

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I was gonna mention that or something similar. A guy was doing talk shows and such claiming to have been "nikki" during the Theater of Pain tour and claimed to have even written tunes on the lp.
He even showed a lot of photos from shoots where "Nikki" had posed with exagerated facial expressions to help mask the non resemblence of him and the actual Nikki. Never heard whether he won his lawsuit or not ?

There was also the guy who claimed to be the "original" nikki sixx, became a christian and nikki sixx stole his name and started motley crue
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 am

This was a guy who lived in Tampa who claimed to be Nikki Sixx was a guy named Matthew Tripp or something like that, and the local media picked up the story, but it faded when it turned out that this dude was one sandwich short of a picnic
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:37 am

Thanks Dc and manny for explaining the Jeff Fenholt thing to me. Very Happy I have never heard the Nikki Sixx thing before; it's blowin' my mind. Shocked Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Back to Pink Floyd "syncs"...

Supposedly you can sync up Side Two of Meddle (the track Echoes) with the final section of 2001: A Space Odyssey. You start the track at the same time you see the words "Jupiter & Beyond The Infinite" on the screen.

Due to popular belief, external substances may heighten the effect. afro
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Remember the homeless guy that claimed to be Peter Criss? He was on some talk show, saying that he was kicked out of the band and was living under a bridge. Back when Rosanne Arnold was somewhat relevant, she and Tom Arnold took the guy in and gave him money. Turns out the whole thing was bogus and Peter Criss actually confronted him on tv.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Remember the homeless guy that claimed to be Peter Criss? He was on some talk show, saying that he was kicked out of the band and was living under a bridge. Back when Rosanne Arnold was somewhat relevant, she and Tom Arnold took the guy in and gave him money. Turns out the whole thing was bogus and Peter Criss actually confronted him on tv.

I don't remember that at all, but it's very interesting. I am gonna research that one. On a related note, that seems to happen a lot. There was a guy a few years ago that pretended to be Ben Roethlesberger from the Steelers and Michael Jordan has dealt with this "identity theft a couple of times. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am

I remember the Peter Criss impersonator guy. He gave an "exclusive" interview to one of the tabloids (the Star or the Enquirer, I forget which) that I remember reading. The part about Roseanne and Tom taking him into their home is news to me though.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I remember the Peter Criss impersonator guy. He gave an "exclusive" interview to one of the tabloids (the Star or the Enquirer, I forget which) that I remember reading. The part about Roseanne and Tom taking him into their home is news to me though.

I think Tom & Roseann read the story and brought him to their home or something like that. It was on one of those VH-1's "Most Shocking Moments" or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 am

Of all the people to impersonate why would one choose Peter Criss? scratch
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:25 pm

"No one wants to be Peter Criss, Lois. Not even Peter Criss."
-Peter Griffin, Family Guy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Two more KISS related urban legends...

I've heard several times over the years that when Ace Frehley left KISS in '81, Eddie Van Halen wanted to audition to take his place. I find that one rather hard to believe since at the time Van Halen was on their way up (while KISS were definitely on the way down) and were totally killing KISS in terms of record sales and concert attendance. I sincerely doubt that Eddie would've walked away from his band to join what was, at the time, a sinking ship.

There is also supposedly a Japanese version of the LICK IT UP LP that features the band in makeup on the cover. I used to see it listed in the "import albums" ads in Circus magazine and the like back in the '80s but there was never a photo of said album cover and to this day I've never seen one, so I wonder if it ever actually existed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Metal Urban Legends
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next