Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock/Metal Urban Legends

Go down 
+17
XYZ
manny
James B.
akeldama
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Shiney
Troublezone
the sentinel
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 pm

akeldama wrote:
Motley Crue-Personality #9 (though that one is true).

What's the story behind that one?

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Echo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am

Quote :
And yes, thats the Lick It Up import they refer to, it does exist. Common misconception of that rumour is that they did the actual Lick It Up cover shoot in make up as well, which is false, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

Yea, that's the way I always heard the "LICK IT UP" cover rumor... that they shot one pic with makeup and the other without at the same photo session. Never seen any evidence of a makeup shot actually happening though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I remember reading RIP or Metal Edge back in or around '95 saying that the Crue were in the studio w/Corabi
working on the follow-up to S/T and it was to be called Personality #9.

On a related note there is an interview with Crabby on youtube where he confirms the follow-up to the S/T
though he never refers to it as Personality #9
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm

That is true that Motley Crue and Corabi where working on a follow up album, but than Motley Crue looked at their bank statements and out went Corabi and in came in Vince Neil.

BTW some of the material they worked on ended up on "Generation Swine' and Corabi sued and won a settlement since he was never given any album credits for songwriting and backround vocal performances, of course after listening to that CD, Corabi should have prefered to remain uncredited.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Suppodedly a few years back, Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden, Dave Ellefson of Megadeth, and Dan Spitz of Anthrax were getting a side project going with Vanilla Ice (!) on vocals. Anyone know if that one is true? I swear I'm not trying to be funny, I really heard about this!! Even if it is true, I hope no music from this all star collaboration ever surfaces!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Suppodedly a few years back, Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden, Dave Ellefson of Megadeth, and Dan Spitz of Anthrax were getting a side project going with Vanilla Ice (!) on vocals. Anyone know if that one is true? I swear I'm not trying to be funny, I really heard about this!! Even if it is true, I hope no music from this all star collaboration ever surfaces!!

To quote you from another thread, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm

I heard this rumor that Poison really sucked, is that true?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 pm

manny wrote:
That is true that Motley Crue and Corabi where working on a follow up album, but than Motley Crue looked at their bank statements and out went Corabi and in came in Vince Neil.

BTW some of the material they worked on ended up on "Generation Swine' and Corabi sued and won a settlement since he was never given any album credits for songwriting and backround vocal performances, of course after listening to that CD, Corabi should have prefered to remain uncredited.

The Generation Swine stuff I remember reading about and the follow-up to the s/t with Corabi sounds vaugley familiar. I didn't know they were that far along and had a name for it though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Not sure about the Vanilla Ice part of it, but I remember reading that Spitz & McBrain were working on something. They both became born-again Christians or something and wanted to do a project together. How Dave and Ice Ice Baby got involved is anyone's guess.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 pm

I am not sure how far along they had gotten with the follow up with Corabi, that was probably Nikki Sixx just telling the journalist something while they hid Vince Neil out in some fat farm.

I just know once the CD 'Generation Swine' was released Corabi claimed that he was on the some songs singing backround vocals and playing guitar, also complained he received no songwriting credits and so in turn he sued them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

From our good friends at Wikipedia:
Quote :
He (Nicko) also formed a side project band called 7x70 with Dan Spitz from Anthrax and Vanilla Ice, but it is unknown if they are still active

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:33 pm

I heard a rumor when I was a teenager that after David Lee Roth left Van Halen that the first person they approached to replace Roth was not Sammy Hagar but Scandal vocalist Patty Smyth but she turned them down because she was pregnant, not sure if it is true but I have heard that a few times.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 pm

detuned wrote:
I heard this rumor that Poison really sucked, is that true?

Laughing very hard

It would be an urban legend if someone said Poison were actually good. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 pm

manny wrote:
I heard a rumor when I was a teenager that after David Lee Roth left Van Halen that the first person they approached to replace Roth was not Sammy Hagar but Scandal vocalist Patty Smyth but she turned them down because she was pregnant, not sure if it is true but I have heard that a few times.

I got a book for Christmas, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into Music, which, if you are familair with the Uncle John Bathroom Series (http://www.bathroomreader.com/), is a book of trivia, facts, stories and interesting tid-bits. My copy focuses on all aspects of music. Anyway, one of the stories is a list of bands who looked for new lead singers and who they approached. The Van Halen/Patty Smyth one was included, although it made no mention of her declining because of pregnancy. It also made mention that after Peter Gabriel left, the members of Genesis talked to Phill Lynott of Thin Lizzy about joining. I find that one hard to believe, along with some other "facts" in this book. They are an entertaining way to pass some time on the hopper, but I'd like to see their refrences on some of the items they've published.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I got a book for Christmas, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into Music, which, if you are familair with the Uncle John Bathroom Series (http://www.bathroomreader.com/), is a book of trivia, facts, stories and interesting tid-bits. My copy focuses on all aspects of music. Anyway, one of the stories is a list of bands who looked for new lead singers and who they approached. The Van Halen/Patty Smyth one was included, although it made no mention of her declining because of pregnancy. It also made mention that after Peter Gabriel left, the members of Genesis talked to Phill Lynott of Thin Lizzy about joining. I find that one hard to believe, along with some other "facts" in this book. They are an entertaining way to pass some time on the hopper, but I'd like to see their refrences on some of the items they've published.

Inside the liner notes of Patty Smyth "Greatest Hits" Featuring Scandal:

While out on tour in support of the Warrior album, Smyth made friends with Valerie Bertinelli and her guitar hubby Eddie Van Halen. Soon the famed couple were joining Scandal on the road, even riding the tour bus for a few days. Eventually, Eddie would invite his new pal to replace the departing David Lee Roth as lead singer of Van Halen.

Asked if she ever regretted her decision to decline that offer. Smyth answers quickly, "Oh, I regretted it a lot", she says. "My next record, Never Enough, came out, and didn't do well. Then Van Halen put out the album with Sammy Hagar and it did great."
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:01 pm

manny wrote:
I am not sure how far along they had gotten with the follow up with Corabi, that was probably Nikki Sixx just telling the journalist something while they hid Vince Neil out in some fat farm.

I just know once the CD 'Generation Swine' was released Corabi claimed that he was on the some songs singing backround vocals and playing guitar, also complained he received no songwriting credits and so in turn he sued them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0tDzrnzDBE

about 40 seconds in the issue concerning the second album is addressed.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
What about the one that rod stewart had to have his stomach pump because he got sick off mick jagger's spooge

This one was mentioned in the first couple of posts in this thread... and the same thing has been rumored about everyone from Rod Stewart to Jon Bon Jovi to David Bowie over the years.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:48 am

What about the one about Lita Ford dating Wendy O. Williams?

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 am

Troublezone wrote:
What about the one about Lita Ford dating Wendy O. Williams?

I've had dreams like that, but replacing Wendy O. Williams with either Doro Pesch or Lorraine Lewis (Femme Fatale).

I did hear recently that Joan Jett was supposedly "in a relationship" with Carmen Electra... dunno if it's B.S. or not but woo, that'd be hawt.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
What about the one that rod stewart had to have his stomach pump because he got sick off mick jagger's spooge

This one was mentioned in the first couple of posts in this thread... and the same thing has been rumored about everyone from Rod Stewart to Jon Bon Jovi to David Bowie over the years.

I believe the Rod Stewart rumor was started after he put out the song 'The Killing of Georgie', an acquaintance of Rod's. Since the song is about the killing of a homo-sexual, I'm sure it wasn't too far a leap for people to say "Oh yea, Rod Stewart's a pole-smoker". But yea, like Freddy said, that rumor seems to pop-up every now and then about numerous musicians.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:46 am

Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 245312344_m

Joan has aged better than most other older rock chicks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 am

Quote :
I believe the Rod Stewart rumor was started after he put out the song 'The Killing of Georgie', an acquaintance of Rod's. Since the song is about the killing of a homo-sexual, I'm sure it wasn't too far a leap for people to say "Oh yea, Rod Stewart's a pole-smoker". But yea, like Freddy said, that rumor seems to pop-up every now and then about numerous musicians.

Don't tell his son about that... he got pissed on that Celebrity Rehab show just because a comic mentioned his father in a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 am

Troublezone wrote:
Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 245312344_m

Joan has aged better than most other older rock chicks.

Joan is one of the sexiest humans on the planet if you ask me. Damn.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 am

Post edited.

*nevermind*

Mods, feel free to delete this. Let's keep things tidy around here.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Metal Urban Legends
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next