Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock/Metal Urban Legends

Go down 
+17
XYZ
manny
James B.
akeldama
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Shiney
Troublezone
the sentinel
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rock/Metal Urban Legends Empty
PostSubject: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:09 pm

I had a buddy back in HS (88-92) who used to say that Neil Peart was such a fast and precise drummer that he could keep a guitar pick pinned to the wall using his drumsticks. Anyone else heard/ know any?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Never heard that one.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:22 pm

I heard that ROD STEWART had to have his stomach pumped...... sick

I have a great book on urban legend and myth in rock & roll...TAKE A WALK ON THE DARKSIDDE, I think it's called....I loaned it to SAXON maybe he can chime in a bit...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Shiney wrote:

I've heard that particular rumor about several musicians, including Mr Stewart. Laughing

There was also this rumor going around in the eighties that Rob Halford was merry. I'm sure it's not true, though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Supposedly James Hetfield turned the Pantera guys onto thrash.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Quote :

Ha! I heard that one too (but I don't think it was Rod Stewart).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Ha! I heard that one too (but I don't think it was Rod Stewart).

Years ago I heard that same rumor about Jon Bon Jovi. Or maybe I started that one about Jon Bon Jovi. it's been so long that I don't remember.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:53 pm

What I never understood as a kid....or even now....is why that would require pumping?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:54 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
What I never understood as a kid....or even now....is why that would require pumping?

You sick bastard just kidding
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:59 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

It wasn't so much the substance itself, but the sheer VOLUME of it that Rod Stewart (or Jon Bon Jovi) was supposedly credited with, shall we say, "imbibing" if you catch my drift.

And that's the last I'm gonna say before this thread goes even further downhill. sick

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Laughing very hard I get it.....OK.....well, I suppose! affraid affraid

Bulimic "imbibing". sick sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Laughing very hard I get it.....OK.....well, I suppose! affraid affraid

That was the most polite way I could think of to put it...

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:14 pm

I can';t count how many times I heard the ruymors that rock bands names were really eeeeeeeeeeeeevil acronyms. Some examples:

AC/DC = Anti Christ/Devil's Church, or After Christ/Devil Comes
Rush = Resting Under Satan's Hand
KISS = Knights (or Kings) In Satan's Service
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:33 pm

WASP is an obvious one....We Are Satan's People

Ozzy supposedly drank a whole bucketful of hocked-up loogies once! affraid sick
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

It wasn't so much the substance itself, but the sheer VOLUME of it that Rod Stewart (or Jon Bon Jovi) was supposedly credited with, shall we say, "imbibing" if you catch my drift.

And that's the last I'm gonna say before this thread goes even further downhill. sick

Come on, say more!!!!!! That Rod Stewart one had Mick Jagger's name in it too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
WASP is an obvious one....We Are Satan's People

We Are Sexual Perverts is another one.

I heard a rumor that Ozzy was talented without talented band members around him.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 am

Another rumor floating around in the 80's was that Jon Bon Jovi had Aids.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:40 am

I don't remember who told the story, but supposedly Ozzy and this fellow had a groce-out contest once. They were taking turns choking up flem, and whatnot from their nose/throat whatever. Then one of them puked their guts out, thinking he won. Suddelny Ozzy walks out of the room, and then returns with a sucking straw!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I've heard that one about Alice Cooper too. Alice Cooper used to kill kittens during his live shows too y'know.

In fact, a lot of those stories have been passed down... in the 70s it was Alice Cooper supposedly killing puppies/kittens and drinking loogies, then in the 80s it was Ozzy Osbourne that did all those things, then in the 90s Marilyn Manson was supposedly doing'em. Love how those urban legends remain the same but the names constantly change.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 am

A few common myths:

MAMA CASS of THE MAMAS & PAPAS choking on a sandwich...

[Truth:She had a massive heart attack]

MARILYN MANSON is actually Paul from THE WONDER YEARS or the one son from MR. BELVEDERE

[Truth: Paul,was played by a young Josh Saviano]

KEITH RICHARDS had a total blood transfusion to rid his body of all the poisoned druggie blood with new healthy stuff....

[Truth: He had really just had a toxin purge treatment performed]

MICHAEL JACKSON owns the Elephant Man's bones...

[Truth is they were destroyed in an air raid in WWII]

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I've heard that one about Alice Cooper too. Alice Cooper used to kill kittens during his live shows too y'know.

In fact, a lot of those stories have been passed down... in the 70s it was Alice Cooper supposedly killing puppies/kittens and drinking loogies, then in the 80s it was Ozzy Osbourne that did all those things, then in the 90s Marilyn Manson was supposedly doing'em. Love how those urban legends remain the same but the names constantly change.

Or the one about Alice that he would pass around a cup for the front row to piss in and he would drink it, or that Gene Simmons was really spitting up his own blood
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:14 am

Quote :
We Are Sexual Perverts is another one.

I have a vinyl of the self-titled W.A.S.P., and although it was probably a record company idea, it actually has 'We Are Sexual Perverts' etched into it.

Rock/Metal Urban Legends Wearesexualperverts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 am

kmorg wrote:
I don't remember who told the story, but supposedly Ozzy and this fellow had a groce-out contest once. They were taking turns choking up flem, and whatnot from their nose/throat whatever. Then one of them puked their guts out, thinking he won. Suddelny Ozzy walks out of the room, and then returns with a sucking straw!

I remember somethilng similiar on VH1. Ozzy and Randy were having a contest and Ozzy snorted an anthill, so Randy pissed on the ground and leaned down like he was going to lick it up and Ozzy pushed him out of the way and licked up all of Randy's pee. sick
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 am

I remember hearing as a kid that Gene Simmons had a cow's tongue surgically sewed into his mouth and that it was his own blood that he spit out by chewing a razor blade.

I've heard the Alice Cooper/loogie one too.

Quote :
MICHAEL JACKSON owns the Elephant Man's bones...

[Truth is they were destroyed in an air raid in WWII]

I thought the story was that he wanted to purchase them, but the English museum where they are kept refused to sell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:34 am

Schbopo wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I remember somethilng similiar on VH1. Ozzy and Randy were having a contest and Ozzy snorted an anthill, so Randy pissed on the ground and leaned down like he was going to lick it up and Ozzy pushed him out of the way and licked up all of Randy's pee. sick

According to "The Dirt", that story involved Nikki & Tommy from Motley Crue, not Randy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Metal Urban Legends
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next