Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll

Go down 
+9
mc666
Thrasher73
manny
Witchfinder
the sentinel
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Lari
13 posters

Which one do you like best?
Iron Maiden - The X-Factor (1995)
Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_lcap11%Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Accept - Predator (1996)
Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_lcap5%Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
DIO - Angry Machines (1996)
Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_lcap16%Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Judas Priest - Jugulator (1997)
Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_lcap68%Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Vote_rcap
 68% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Empty
PostSubject: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Pick your favourite release of this bunch.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Never heard Predator but Jugulator is much better than the other 2.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 1:17 pm

007 wrote:
Never heard Predator
Probably one of their weakest, but this riff slays:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm gonna have to go Jugulator. It hasn't aged particularly well but I was very happy with it at the time it was released.

I've still never heard Predator and I thought both X Factor and Angry Machines were blah (that's being kind).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:
Never heard Predator
Probably one of their weakest, but this riff slays:

Voted Jugulator.

And I agree about Run Through The Night being one nasty track headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 8:44 pm

Predator for me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:17 pm

All of these albums are pretty bad. I guess I'd pick Jugulator only because it has Cathedral Spires and Bullet Train on it and those tracks are very good. Predator is very weak. The X-Factor is a complete disaster and Angry Machines was a poor follow up to the excellent Strange Highways.

Maiden, Priest and Dio all stumbled in exactly the same way - losing direction in the mid-90s and trying to varying degrees to adapt to the times. They all failed spectacularly. Accept is different because Predator was the final album from a band that was falling apart. Their reunion was short-lived and obviously Udo had a successful solo career to go back to.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:20 pm

I think all these albums fall near the bottom of each of these band's discography, but I chose Dio- Angry Machines because I feel that album got better with each spin, not his best album but an interesting album, at least to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:05 pm

Jugulator
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:25 pm

As big a Priest fan as I am, I thought the Ripper era was rather sad. However, I think the Tracy G Dio albums were so under rated, so I went with Angry Machines. Strange Highways was even better, & my favorite Dio release of all time.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 12:48 am

I think Jugulator is the stronger release from the list.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 2:38 am

X-Factor followed very closely by Jugulator. Never had the Accept album and Angry Machines is my absolutely least favorite of his catalog. Apart from Double Monday, I find it highly forgettable.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 8:37 am

Jugulator is the only one on that list that I've heard, but judging from some of the other responses, this poll is like asking which turd is the least stinky.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 11:34 am

Will go with Angry Machines > Jugulator > Predator> X Factor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll   Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic metal LEGENDS in the mid-90's poll
Page 1 of 1