Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock/Metal Urban Legends

Go down 
+17
XYZ
manny
James B.
akeldama
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Shiney
Troublezone
the sentinel
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I believe the Rod Stewart rumor was started after he put out the song 'The Killing of Georgie', an acquaintance of Rod's. Since the song is about the killing of a homo-sexual, I'm sure it wasn't too far a leap for people to say "Oh yea, Rod Stewart's a pole-smoker". But yea, like Freddy said, that rumor seems to pop-up every now and then about numerous musicians.

Don't tell his son about that... he got pissed on that Celebrity Rehab show just because a comic mentioned his father in a joke.

If I was ever in a situation where I could talk to Rod Stewart's son, that's probably pretty far down on the thing's I would talk to him about. But you never know, so I'll keep that in mind.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
What about the one about Lita Ford dating Wendy O. Williams?

I've had dreams like that, but replacing Wendy O. Williams with either Doro Pesch or Lorraine Lewis (Femme Fatale).

I did hear recently that Joan Jett was supposedly "in a relationship" with Carmen Electra... dunno if it's B.S. or not but woo, that'd be hawt.

Don't forget your dream with Pat Ast. affraid

Complete Control!!!
Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 437375961_l
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

Troublezone wrote:

Complete Control!!!

Laughing very hard GREAT movie!! Love that tag line... "So young... so bad... SO WHAT?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:17 am

Quote :
Laughing very hard GREAT movie!! Love that tag line... "So young... so bad... SO WHAT?"

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 am

It is funny the rumor involves Mick Jagger or Rod Stewart these two men have had more women than most of us have even seen, not mention all of Rod Stewart's ex wives and current wife are hot blondes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:30 am

manny wrote:
It is funny the rumor involves Mick Jagger or Rod Stewart these two men have had more women than most of us have even seen, not mention all of Rod Stewart's ex wives and current wife are hot blondes.

I do remember reading a story years ago that Mick Jagger and David Bowie were caught in bed together by one of their wives...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I do remember reading a story years ago that Mick Jagger and David Bowie were caught in bed together by one of their wives...

Angie Bowie wrote that in her autobiography, of course she was pissed because Bowie's court ordered alimony payments had just ended.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Interesing/funny article about some of the rumors discussed here (Jagger & Bowie, Rod and a gallon of man juice), plus a few others that I never heard before (Stevie Nicks affraid !!! Enjoy...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15121_7-most-gruesome-rock-n-roll-legends-whether-theyre-true.html

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Complete Control!!!

No word of a lie, I actually have that on VHS. Found it for a buck at a flea market in 1990. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I actually wouldn't be surprised. Didn't Bowie once say he'd try anything once?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:48 am

Heard an interesting one the other day... supposedly on the cover of Black Sabbath's MOB RULES disc, there's an "OZZY SUCKS" hidden somewhere in the artwork. I didn't even bother trying to find it on the cover of my CD copy as the art is so small, anybody out there with an old LP copy that can confirm or debunk this one?

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Heard an interesting one the other day... supposedly on the cover of Black Sabbath's MOB RULES disc, there's an "OZZY SUCKS" hidden somewhere in the artwork. I didn't even bother trying to find it on the cover of my CD copy as the art is so small, anybody out there with an old LP copy that can confirm or debunk this one?

I always thought it said "KILL OZZY."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:54 am

xyz wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe it was "KILL OZZY." (I heard this urban legend through a third party and may have misquoted it) Either way, I wonder if it's really on that album cover.

Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
xyz wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe it was "KILL OZZY." (I heard this urban legend through a third party and may have misquoted it) Either way, I wonder if it's really on that album cover.

Here's something:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/ozzymob.html
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:01 am

xyz wrote:

Here's something:

Cool. I guess we can consider this rumor "bull pucky" then.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
xyz wrote:

Here's something:

Cool. I guess we can consider this rumor "bull pucky" then.

That was cool. I never heard that story before. It seemed like quite a stretch, but I guess if you smoke enough weed and stared at the Beatles White Album for 14 hours, you'd see all kinds of things too.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Id like to think Iommi is a little more tasteful than that anyway. Thats still my favorite BS cover though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:04 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I can';t count how many times I heard the ruymors that rock bands names were really eeeeeeeeeeeeevil acronyms. Some examples:

AC/DC = Anti Christ/Devil's Church, or After Christ/Devil Comes
Rush = Resting Under Satan's Hand
KISS = Knights (or Kings) In Satan's Service

SLAYER= Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rot

I think this one is actually printed (very VERY faintly in black letters on black background) on the back of their first album (on one of the original releases).
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:09 am

DeathCult wrote:
Id like to think Iommi is a little more tasteful than that anyway. Thats still my favorite BS cover though. Very Happy

It is a good cover, and I just realized I don't have that album. affraid
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:30 pm

There's a long standing urban legend that sez Charles Manson auditioned for the Monkees in 1965 during his struggling musician/pre-psycho killer days, but he didn't make the cut. It's untrue. Charles happened to be incarcerated (for petty theft or some other minor crime) at the time the auditions were being held.

Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:53 pm

I read on Wikipedia that there was a hidden suite on the Genesis album, Duke. It supposedly consisted of "Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it On Again", "Duke's Travels" and "Duke's End." Is there anyone who knows if this is true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Metal Urban Legends   Rock/Metal Urban Legends - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Metal Urban Legends
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6