Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

The official King's X thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Was spinning The Best Of King's X today (now) and was reminded why I love this band so much...best band in the world.

Random question: Why has King's X never been on SNL?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Quote :
Random question: Why has King's X never been on SNL?

Because back when SNL actually put on edgy or underground bands, King's X didn't exist. In the later years, King's X weren't mainstream enough.

Heck, maybe the band didn't want to be on that show? They seem to have some integrity. SNL is lame. Or maybe Lorne Michaels is a d*ck.

Maybe they were on SNL in some alternate universe that we are not aware of.

Eh, I dunno. I'm just killing time now till it's time to leave work.

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 pm

I figured being on Atlantic for Dogman & Ear Candy that management would have tried, at least...but if I recall, Ty said Atlantic did ZERO promotion for the albums once they hit the streets....
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I figured being on Atlantic for Dogman & Ear Candy that management would have tried, at least...but if I recall, Ty said Atlantic did ZERO promotion for the albums once they hit the streets....

That always sucks when big rich companies, who have it in their power to market things properly - don't.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 am

They were on the John Stewart in the Dogman daze............

I remember hearing "We Were Born to Be Loved" played a few times as a commercial bumper by the CBS Orchestra on Letterman!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 am

rattpoison wrote:
They were on the John Stewart in the Dogman daze............

I remember hearing "We Were Born to Be Loved" played a few times as a commercial bumper by the CBS Orchestra on Letterman!

They still play that as bumper music - I remember hearing it recently on Letterman.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 am

I could be wrong but I could swear King's X played on Dennis Miller's short lived late night talk show in the early 90s... I think that would've been around the time of the self-titled album if memory serves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am

King's X rules! They normally play to crowds of under 1,000 in America. Isn't that sad?!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 am

When's their next CD due out and what's it called?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:51 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

I'm not sure it will be anytime too soon. They just released one a little more than a year ago. Before that - it was three years prior.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

I'm not sure it will be anytime too soon. They just released one a little more than a year ago. Before that - it was three years prior.
Yeah, they're not getting any younger, either. The official King's X thread - Page 11 387733 The official King's X thread - Page 11 383937 The official King's X thread - Page 11 721884
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yeah, they're not getting any younger, either. The official King's X thread - Page 11 387733 The official King's X thread - Page 11 383937 The official King's X thread - Page 11 721884

I'm thinking the live DVD will precede a new album anyway...plus, they're not using Michael Wagener again...I think they'll be going back to the Metal Blade years...writing all the songs as a band and recording on their own...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm still loving XV. Listening to it right now actually. headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm still loving XV. Listening to it right now actually. headbanger
10/10 The official King's X thread - Page 11 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

I'm thinking the live DVD will precede a new album anyway...plus, they're not using Michael Wagener again...I think they'll be going back to the Metal Blade years...writing all the songs as a band and recording on their own...
That works! The official King's X thread - Page 11 604261
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm

[/quote]
I'm thinking the live DVD will precede a new album anyway...plus, they're not using Michael Wagener again...I think they'll be going back to the Metal Blade years...writing all the songs as a band and recording on their own...[/quote]

When is that dvd coming out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'm thinking the live DVD will precede a new album anyway...plus, they're not using Michael Wagener again...I think they'll be going back to the Metal Blade years...writing all the songs as a band and recording on their own...[/quote]

When is that dvd coming out?[/quote]

No date yet...its supposedly in the working stages.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Whenever it is available I will definitely get it!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:26 pm

I still need to pick up "XV".

I have "Ogre Tones" though - and really like it.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 am

Have been playing Gretchen... in the car the last couple of days. it's amazing how listening to King's X can make the world seem like a better place Very Happy Great stuff to unwind to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:18 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I still need to pick up "XV".

I have "Ogre Tones" though - and really like it.

I actually prefer Ogre Tones to XV...not by a wide margin, but there's just something about OT that really gets me...especially the song "Sooner Or Later"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:58 am

Sutekh wrote:
Have been playing Gretchen... in the car the last couple of days. it's amazing how listening to King's X can make the world seem like a better place Very Happy

Yes, I have that same feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 am

There are new exclusive items available from Molken Music:

The official King's X thread - Page 11 Stn_XCOVER_4_web
Tales From The Empire - Cleveland 6/26/92 (2CD set)

The official King's X thread - Page 11 Stn_kingsnewCOVER3
The Bigger Picture - this is the pre-production recordings for the 4th album, the band prefers these to the finished LP.

http://www.molkenmusic.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 am

detuned wrote:
There are new exclusive items available from Molken Music:

The official King's X thread - Page 11 Stn_XCOVER_4_web
Tales From The Empire - Cleveland 6/26/92 (2CD set)

The official King's X thread - Page 11 Stn_kingsnewCOVER3
The Bigger Picture - this is the pre-production recordings for the 4th album, the band prefers these to the finished LP.

[url=http://www.molkenmusic.com/
http://www.molkenmusic.com/[/quote[/url]]

MUST...HAVE!!!

I bought the Live In London DVD and Ty's Balance album from Molken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 am

Does anyone else like these guys better live?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next