Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

The official King's X thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Does anyone else like these guys better live?

I don't know if I like them "better" live...but they're a better live band than many I've seen...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Yeah, maybe that's not worded right. I love their live album, seems more loose then a lot of the studio stuff and for them, the live setting brings out the best.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Speaking of King's X saw an album titled 'Black Sunday' listed, I am confused by some of the comments on various web sites, is this material recorded prior to 'Out of the Silent Planet' or is this material written prior to the release of the album and they deceided to record many many years later.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 pm

manny wrote:
Speaking of King's X saw an album titled 'Black Sunday' listed, I am confused by some of the comments on various web sites, is this material recorded prior to 'Out of the Silent Planet' or is this material written prior to the release of the album and they deceided to record many many years later.

Old material that they recorded for the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Black Like Sunday was an album on Metal Blade that was comprised of songs that the band wrote and performed live before they ever got signed (all pre-1987, basically). They just recorded them newly for that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:48 pm

King's X albums are awesome, live they can be transcendent. They really are a live band, that is their main element. Not afraid to improvise, change songs around and sometimes just riff on new ideas in front of a crowd. That's my type of band!

Black Like Sunday was a "thank you" to the older fans that for years had wanted King's X to re-release all their old pre-Atlantic demos. After listening to the demos the group decided that the sound quality was so below par that they decided to re-record them instead.

It was originally going to only be released on their website (it's on BROP! Records), but at the last minute Metal Blade wanted to issue it so it was released to stores. I've always felt like this was a mistake, because it was designed for a specific target audience and it's not really a true "King's X album".

The album is not completely without merit, but it really is a "completist" type of record...I would buy every other King's X album prior to buying this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:10 pm

detuned - I agree with your assessment of BLS...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I'd buy it before Bulbous Head but that's just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous is great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah, I agree. It took a VERY long time for that record to sink in completely, but I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:33 am

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah, I agree. It took a VERY long time for that record to sink in completely, but I love it.

Still dead last on my list, but it has its' moments. Almost seems more like some Jerry would have released on his own. But it completely shows ya where Ty's head was at the time.

If I can make a recommendation - Anyone reading this should run out and grab dUg's last solo effort, "Strum Sum Up". It is a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 am

Quote :
Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous

It's top five for me. I love that album. So dark and gloomy. Perfect for a rainy day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous

It's top five for me. I love that album. So dark and gloomy. Perfect for a rainy day.

The track Charlie Sheen is the one that really gets me, it sounds like nothing else in their discography but it's VERY cool. The guitar work in that tune is brilliant.

She's Gone Away is also one of Ty's best songs and the guitar solo in there is a jaw dropper.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I hate that album! I even saw them on that tour! 1/10
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Black Like Sunday is very good! 8/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:28 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I saw that tour in Charlotte and it was KILLER. Opinions vary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm

detuned wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I saw that tour at Jaxx - great show!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I wish i could catch these guys live
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I wish i could catch these guys live

Yeah, I'd love to see King's X live one day.

For some reason, they very seldom ever play here. And they are only one state over from us.

The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:38 am

thejokeriv wrote:
detuned wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I saw that tour at Jaxx - great show!!!

I saw that tour in Winston-Salem...GREAT show!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 am

King's X is one of the only bands that I see almost every year for a long time running.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Marsh Mellow Field has always been one of my favorite King's X songs. Please Come Home... is very different, but the mood is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

MetalH wrote:
Marsh Mellow Field has always been one of my favorite King's X songs. Please Come Home... is very different, but the mood is great.

I love Ty's songs on the album..."Charlie Sheen", "Bittersweet", "She's Gone Away"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I didn't say I didn't like it, just that i'd buy BLS before it. It has moments but it's not a frequent player like the rest of their stuff. It's almost too depressing at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 pm

The album I think gets overlooked the most is Manic Moonlight. I absolutely LOVE that record and it's my favorite of the Metalblade years.

Believe, Yeah, title track, The Other Side, Vegetable, Skeptical Winds...brilliant, funky, aggressive yet heartfelt. Awesome friggin' album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: