Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The official King's X thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
14 plus some official demo/rarities releases...then there's solo projects and side projects...tons of stuff...

Google "King's X Discography"...

then I got a lot of catching up to do, thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm

No sweat...
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 pm

sam wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
sam wrote:
What can yous guys recommend to someone looking to get into this band?

To get the general idea of KING'S X, I reccomend (as a 20+ year fan):

Gretchen Goes To Nebraska
Dogman
Ogre Tones

thanks, how many release do they have so far?

I'd also check out :Out of of the Silent Planet, Ear Candy, and Welcome Home Mr. Bulbus" Long time fan as well, Doug is an incredible Bassist!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 pm

My favorite King's X albums:

1. Out of the Silent Planet
2. Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
3. Faith Hope Love
4. Ogre Tones
5. Dogman
6. King's X
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:46 am

King's X frontman Doug Pinnick was recently interviewed by Brian Heaton
of The Breakdown Room. Sections from the discussion follow below: On the possibility of the band performing the 1989 album "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" in its entirety: "We've been throwing around the idea of doing all of 'Gretchen' in key
cities with a lot of special effects. A lot of the songs we don't play
live much, so it's going to take some work." Discussing the band's next studio album: "We've been trying to write a couple of hit songs so we can sell some
records. Next time we want to do a real record again — 'Gretchen,'
'Dogman,' something people can sink their teeth into. We've been
writing songs and want to get back to ground zero and touch someone
emotionally. . . We want to do it in Los Angeles somewhere, get in a
room and hash it out, take our time and have some fun." On whether he gets tired of performing some of the King's X' classics in a live situation: "Truthfully, I'm pretty sick of 'Dogman,' 'Black Flag' and 'We Were
Born to Be Loved,' but I understand it's a part of it. When I'm a fan
of a band, I don't want to hear stuff I don't know. I want to hear my
favorite songs and I get mad if I don't." Does the fact that King's X hasn't had that big break bothers him?: "We live week-to-week and it's only frustrating on the days where I
can't pay my bills and something as simple like buying tires screws up
the whole month. I don't feel like a loser or want to give up, but
sometimes you feel that way. If King's X isn't as successful, it's not
the people's fault. Life is what you make it. I'm a musician but I'm
not a rich rock star. I just do what I like to do."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am

dUg rules.

Would seriously dig seeing them do Gretchen. But it would be even cooler if they did something like Cheap Trick did a few years ago and do the first 3 albums over 3 nights. Of course, that is an impossible dream, but it still would rule [OOTSP is my fav].

Just a side story:

I have seen KX about ten times [probably more]. Every show I always yell for them to play "Quality Control" [an unreleased tune]. Last year, dUg finally acknowledged me by looking over at me, smirking and saying, "Every year man. Every year. Just ain't gonna happen". hahaha. It satisfied me completely just having him remember that little detail. But that is King's X for ya! The greatest band ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 am

Quote :
The greatest band ever.

Yup...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am

I'm a little confused by dug's comment about "next time we want to do a real record again"....I don't get that, especially since their last 2 albums were so fantastic.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 am

I love their last CD. Still playing it pretty frequently. In fact, brought it in to listen to today.

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised dUg wants to get back to "jam writing"...not that it's a bad thing, but their last 2 records have been so good...I guess they're not going to use Michael Wagener anymore...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:39 am

detuned wrote:
I'm a little confused by dug's comment about "next time we want to do a real record again"....I don't get that, especially since their last 2 albums were so fantastic.

I am not sure if I would read too much into that statement, it could be a quote taken out of context or maybe he is just expressing, in his own way, fustrations with the music business and the recording industry in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 am

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:

I am not sure if I would read too much into that statement, it could be a quote taken out of context or maybe he is just expressing, in his own way, fustrations with the music business and the recording industry in general.

It's all about the beginning of that statement:

Quote :
"We've been trying to write a couple of hit songs so we can sell some records. Next time we want to do a real record again

He's sick of trying to write that elusive "hit song" so he wants to make a "real record" as in, IMO, an old-school, cohesive collection of songs that create an "album" experience and not "a couple of attempts are singles w/ other stuff"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:33 pm

I think I was still asleep when I first read that this morning...it makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

I wouldn't mind hearing them do the entire Dogman album live... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 am

I may have posted this before, if I did sorry dudes.

King’s X are planning to take the album Gretchen Goes To Nebraska on the road.
Talking exclusively to Classic Rock, bassist/vocalist Doug Pinnick said: “This could be the next thing we do. We like the idea of doing the whole of that record [the band's second, released in 1989] with a great light show, as part of something we’d call An Evening With King’s X. It wouldn’t be a full-blown tour, playing every hell-hole for three months. But we’d select specific, quality venues, make it special for the fans.”
The trio – Pinnick, guitarist Ty Tabor and drummer Jerry Gaskill – are also preparing both a live DVD and studio album.
“We’re editing a show we did in London for release as a DVD next year. Then we’ll think about going into the studio. What I’d love to do is get in a producer who’ll really push us and demand more from the band. Too often we’ve had producers who’ve just said: ‘You guys are great. Just do what you do.’ But I wanna get back to the situation where someone really drives us to deliver.
“I don’t wish to return to the days of Sam Taylor [the band's original producer/manager], because he was more like a coach, both encouraging and blasting us. I’m too old for that. But we don’t want the next album to be comfortable and easy.”
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:21 am

Hope they come to Jaxx and play it!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:57 am

I catch them every year at this lil club in Orangeville, Calif. called The Boardwalk. Havn't listened to much of thier music after "Ear Candy" but I still HAVE to see them live.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Cool. I hope they come here. "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" is one of my fave King's X albums.

I just heard "Out of the Silent Planet" this morning.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool. I hope they come here. "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" is one of my fave King's X albums.

I just heard "Out of the Silent Planet" this morning.

OOTSP is a great album as well! The official King's X thread - Page 10 209773
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:02 am

http://www.myspace.com/razr13

Crap! This sounds great. Never heard of it until about 20 minutes ago. Can't find a way to buy the CD version, though. =(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 am

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:

Crap! This sounds great. Never heard of it until about 20 minutes ago. Can't find a way to buy the CD version, though. =(

Meh...kinda boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 pm

I'd love for them to do a video if they pull off the tour. No way they'd come near me to see it live.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:

Heck yeah! That sounds AWESOME! I'd buy it!!!

The official King's X thread - Page 10 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 pm

I've been waiting for what feels like an eternity for King's X to release a professionally produced live DVD. They have ALWAYS been a live band, that's their true element. When it comes out it better be 6 hours long. The official King's X thread - Page 10 201269
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:30 pm

XV kicks so much ass! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next