Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

The official King's X thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Got some new KX stuff from Molken:

Ty Tabor - Tacklebox (2CD demo collection)

King's X - Live & Live Some More (have a boot of this radio show/concert in Dallas TX 1994, but this has been all beefed up and remastered w/ official artwork & liners added...worth every penny as its a great show!)

Must get my hands on that Ty demo stuff, huge fan of his style and tone, both vocally and instrumentally.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 pm

bassman wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

King's X - Live & Live Some More (have a boot of this radio show/concert in Dallas TX 1994, but this has been all beefed up and remastered w/ official artwork & liners added...worth every penny as its a great show!)

Must get my hands on that Ty demo stuff, huge fan of his style and tone, both vocally and instrumentally.

Its interesting...a couple of the demos feature someone else singing lead vocals...I'm presuming they are songs he thought maybe KX would not be into? Only 3 of them (the last 3 on disc 2)...the rest are all Ty.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
bassman wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Its interesting...a couple of the demos feature someone else singing lead vocals...I'm presuming they are songs he thought maybe KX would not be into? Only 3 of them (the last 3 on disc 2)...the rest are all Ty.

Thanks for the heads up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 am

Anybody else love the version of The Little Drummer Boy from We Wish You a Metal Christmas. with Doug on vocals and George Lynch on guitar?. I'd love to hear the band themselves do a couple of Christmas songs (the Hark! the Herald Angels melody on egal Kill doesn't count! Razz).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:49 am

I watched the Live Love In London DVD with the commentary track on...it was interesting:

- dUg hates his own voice...haha! he was constantly going "ugh" or "oohhh" or making disapproving comments when he would sing something long or high
- they all admit to simply not doing some vocal parts live because they're too hard
- they admit to not remembering parts and faking stuff
- on they "dit dit dit" part in "Lost In Germany", they all joke that at times they sing other words like "$h!t" & "tit"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I watched the Live Love In London DVD with the commentary track on...it was interesting:

- dUg hates his own voice...haha! he was constantly going "ugh" or "oohhh" or making disapproving comments when he would sing something long or high
- they all admit to simply not doing some vocal parts live because they're too hard
- on they "dit dit dit" part in "Lost In Germany", they all joke that at times they sing other words like "$h!t" & "tit"

dUg has one of the most expressive, soulful voices in rock music, why would he hate it?
scratch
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 am

bassman wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

dUg has one of the most expressive, soulful voices in rock music, why would he hate it?
scratch

It was kind of an off night for him, I think...he was a little flat and struggling in spots.

The funny side to that was that Ty kept saying "Proof positive that all the people that accuse us of using tapes are WRONG!" Ha! It's also proof that there are no overdubs...100% live.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:40 am

Also, there were many times when all 3 would sing a harmony, and in the commentary all three of them would groan "ugh"...haha!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
bassman wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

scratch

It was kind of an off night for him, I think...he was a little flat and struggling in spots.

The funny side to that was that Ty kept saying "Proof positive that all the people that accuse us of using tapes are WRONG!" Ha! It's also proof that there are no overdubs...100% live.

I guess thats understandable then, I'm not perfect every time I get behind a microphone either. As far as overdubs go, I would rather hear some mistakes in the live set as opposed to a perfectly polished recording that sounds like it was entirely done in studio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:40 pm

cool

Live recordings SHOULD be live. I can understand the other way of thinking, but the mistakes add to the personality of a performance, that's what makes it "real". Once you start cleaning it up and overdubbing mistakes, its a Pandora's box that can't be stopped...because then you're tempted to tweak everything..and in the end, it's not the same performance it once was.

Give me mistakes any day.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:54 pm

detuned wrote:
cool

Live recordings SHOULD be live. I can understand the other way of thinking, but the mistakes add to the personality of a performance, that's what makes it "real". Once you start cleaning it up and overdubbing mistakes, its a Pandora's box that can't be stopped...because then you're tempted to tweak everything..and in the end, it's not the same performance it once was.

Give me mistakes any day.

I think musicians so want things to be perfect, especially in a live recording, that sometimes good judgement gets thrown out the window in the mixing process. Anybody that plays live knows that there are going to be some flubs and the more complicated the music the higher the chance for mistakes. A live set is a snapshot of where a band is at that exact moment and a live recording captures that moment for the fans and should not be tampered with because a musicians ego can't handle the fact that he messed up.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 am

King's X is going to be at NAMM - If your in the LA area go see them!

Last edited by 325ad on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:46 am

325ad wrote:
King's X is going to be at NAMM - If your in the LA area going see them!

It's actually in Anaheim, Orange County...

I live down the street from the convention center where NAMM is held. They don't just let anyone from the public in... you have to know people or work in the music industry. Otherwise i would've been there years ago.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
325ad wrote:
King's X is going to be at NAMM - If your in the LA area going see them!

It's actually in Anaheim, Orange County...

I live down the street from the convention center where NAMM is held. They don't just let anyone from the public in... you have to know people or work in the music industry. Otherwise i would've been there years ago.

Hmm. Ok. Cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 am

Sutekh wrote:
Anybody else love the version of The Little Drummer Boy from We Wish You a Metal Christmas. with Doug on vocals and George Lynch on guitar?. I'd love to hear the band themselves do a couple of Christmas songs (the Hark! the Herald Angels melody on egal Kill doesn't count! Razz).

I have a boot from '93[?] where the guys were in a mall in Houston doing Christmas tunes. They do Jingle All the Way, Have yourself a Muggy Little Christmas, and a couple others. Good stuff. I have around 80 KX boots dating all the way back to 1980!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

I have a boot from '93[?] where the guys were in a mall in Houston doing Christmas tunes. They do Jingle All the Way, Have yourself a Muggy Little Christmas, and a couple others. Good stuff. I have around 80 KX boots dating all the way back to 1980!

cool - Do you have the one where Doug is goofing around and did not know the mic was on and the recorder was rolling where he is singing "My Scrotum" to The Knacks - My Sharona? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Saw the DVD yesterday. That high note on Over My Head is incredible, but the whole package looks and sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Saw the DVD yesterday. That high note on Over My Head is incredible, but the whole package looks and sounds great.

Yeah, its great stuff!!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

Yeah, its great stuff!!

For sure, I watched it again today!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Someone bump this one out of the graveyard!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/09/exclusive-interview-doug-pinnick-of-kings-x

Pretty cool interview. One thing shocked me, though. Doug is frickin' 61 years old! HOLY CRAP! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Someone bump this one out of the graveyard!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/09/exclusive-interview-doug-pinnick-of-kings-x

Pretty cool interview. One thing shocked me, though. Doug is frickin' 61 years old! HOLY CRAP! Shocked

Yeah, I knew he was around that age. He started playing professionally in the early 70's.

(I'll move the thread out)

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

They are heading back out on tour. I'm hoping they'll make it back to Charlotte.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 pm

nevermore wrote:
They are heading back out on tour. I'm hoping they'll make it back to Charlotte.

I would assume they would, I saw them in Charlotte on the Bulbous tour, a killer show (as they all are).

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 pm

I always look forward to new music from these guys. Glad to hear Jerry is working on a new record.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:25 am

3/30/12, Trees in DFW, I'm there!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next