Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official King's X thread

Go down 
+44
bass63
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
martinsane
Dark Horseman
chewie
bassman
ryanmetalman
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
JBall_Z
Gilbert
Eyesore
MetalH
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Sutekh
T-Roy
assault_attack
James B.
325ad
DallasBlack
sam
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
rattpoison
Troublezone
Svengo
stevegarveyfan
7thSaviour
nevermore
Selvmord
Addy
Hamer12
Thrasher73
manny
mr.electric39
candlemass
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The official King's X thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:24 pm

DB, detuned is an excellent list and I most definitley would make 'Gretchen Goes to Nebreska' as the next purchase, for two reasons 1) This is their most famous album and usually serves as a gateway to King's X and 2) It is a great album with excellent songwriting, best vocals this side of Queen, a hardrock Beach Boys, not really an accurate description, but it is fanastic how well these guys use their vocals, and lyrics that will not insult your intelligence and since you are a man of faith you will appreciate the lyrics to 'The Mission', not a slam on religion but how Christianity should mean more than a social get together.

Why that post was almost as long winded as Marc 'KKK Took My Baby Away ' Mason, my apologies if it was too long, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:31 pm

As I've mentioned before, I just can't get into these guys. However, it looks like I'll get an opportunity to see them live, opening up for Porcupine Tree in September. This will be their last chance to make me a fan. Which will probably happen, since I just sold off the last 2 King's X albums I owned.

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Quote :
opening up for Porcupine Tree in September

Shot who?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm

manny wrote:
DB, detuned is an excellent list and I most definitley would make 'Gretchen Goes to Nebreska' as the next purchase, for two reasons 1) This is their most famous album and usually serves as a gateway to King's X and 2) It is a great album with excellent songwriting, best vocals this side of Queen, a hardrock Beach Boys, not really an accurate description, but it is fanastic how well these guys use their vocals, and lyrics that will not insult your intelligence and since you are a man of faith you will appreciate the lyrics to 'The Mission', not a slam on religion but how Christianity should mean more than a social get together.

I appreciated the suggestions from detuned and that is the next album I was thinking about seeing as it seems to be the most popular. The message of 'The Mission' is one I need to learn from. I use church too much as a social get together (which doesn't make sense seeing as I have yet to developed close relationships from it) and when I get nothing out of it, I stop going. I need to go to give God his due and honor him, not to satisfy my shortcommings (which it really doesn't do anyways).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm

This was what I posted on a thread when I couldn't find this one (Moderators, feel free to delete that one seeing as it's useless):

Quote :
I know there are King's X fans and I could have sworn there was a topic on them but it seems to be gone or have never existed so here is another one.

I recently got into these guys after realizing I never gave them much of a chance. Their albums area easy to find used and relatively cheap around here so it was pretty easy (maybe living in Texas has something to do with it). I first got Tape Head and realized that I like them quite a bit. I can see where comparisons to Galactic Cowboys come from but instead of hamonized vocals you got the soft singing of Ty Tabor and the soulful voice of Doug Pinnick. My next stop was Faith Hope And Love which I understand is a favorite for fans of these guys and my last two: Out Of The Silent Planet and King's X. I'd say without a doubt, Out Of The Silent Planet is my favorite, that album flat out smokes! What should my next aquisiton from these guys be?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Shot who?? Shocked

surprised

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Shot who?? Shocked

surprised

Sorry..."Shot who?" is a way of saying "Say what??"...like where is PT touring w/ KX???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Everyone puts Ear Candy so far down on the list but it's in my top 5. Great album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:53 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Everyone puts Ear Candy so far down on the list but it's in my top 5. Great album.

'Ear Candy' is an excellent cd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Ear Candy is a great CD...love it. Ty's "Life Going By" is one of the best KX songs ever...if forced to pick a bottom tier KX disc, it'd be BLS and probably MM...not bad, but not their best, IMO...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:02 pm

BTW here's a link to the video to 'Pray' from their website.

http://www.kingsxrocks.com/PrayVid.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

I also love Ear Candy...but that album is very personal and sometimes is hard for me to listen to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Shot who?? Shocked

surprised

Sorry..."Shot who?" is a way of saying "Say what??"...like where is PT touring w/ KX???

Look here...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/porcupine-tree-t5344.htm?highlight=porcupine+tree

Don't know if they're adding more dates or if that's it. I guess you can check PT's website as well.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 am

TheNazgul wrote:
It's about 7th or 8th for me. Still a good album, though. 8/10
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Okk........ after Ear Candy I've not purchased a new Kings X cd (except for Live all Over the place...) which ONE should I get..... Ogre Tones .... XV...?

or does someone have a strong opinion for different choice... I've always liked/loved Kings X.... choices....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:25 pm

I like them all...but I would recommend:

1. XV
2. Ogre Tones
3. Tape Head
4. Manic Moonlight
5. Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous
6. Black Like Sunday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Get detuned first two at your convenience...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:30 pm

also...Dug Pinnick's Strum Sum Up is a must-have.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm

detuned wrote:

1. XV
2. Ogre Tones
3. Tape Head
4. Manic Moonlight
6. Black Like Sunday
I see you like the second half of their career better than the first. That's OK, but IMO, OOTSP and GGTN are simply in a league of their own. XV is the best CD they've made since Tapehead, IMO. Awesome album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:47 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
detuned wrote:

1. XV
2. Ogre Tones
3. Tape Head
4. Manic Moonlight
6. Black Like Sunday
I see you like the second half of their career better than the first. That's OK, but IMO, OOTSP and GGTN are simply in a league of their own. XV is the best CD they've made since Tapehead, IMO. Awesome album!

He was ranking the post-Ear Candy CD's...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 pm

I am going to see them on Aug 8 at Jaxx!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

That's 3 days after my birthday....hmmmm...tempting. Gotta place for me to crash? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:12 am

I'm hoping to see them Aug 7 in Raleigh...if not, I'll hit Charlotte on Aug 23.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 am

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

That's 3 days after my birthday....hmmmm...tempting. Gotta place for me to crash? lol!

Are you going to be out this way?

BTW - my birthday is Aug 4th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official King's X thread   The official King's X thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official King's X thread
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next