Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?

Go down 
+49
manny
MoonChild
Mattallica667
stormspell
powermacho
Sword Of The Heretic
skullsmasher
DeathCult
Shiney
brontotex
Wargod
Temple of Blood
ghostintheruins
TrogDawn
TheGooch
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Invader
XYZ
Selvmord
MetalRob331
nevermore
Mglaffas81
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
tohostudios
mez
Mordor
ensiferum2k
Tall Tyrion
candlemass
the sentinel
exact33
Lurideath
DallasBlack
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
mc666
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
INVADERS
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Someone called it the Hans Zimmer Judas Priest album. I think that's accurate. I haven't bought it yet, but I did stream it online, and I think that's a fairly accurate description. I also think the band was really honest with telling everyone what to expect here. Of course, there are tons of people out there that are somehow disappointed. This is not Priest! Where's the power? The energy? Pffft!

If you didn't expect this; you weren't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Depending on how much it is I might go to best buy...

Alex

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Someone called it the Hans Zimmer Judas Priest album. I think that's accurate. I haven't bought it yet, but I did stream it online, and I think that's a fairly accurate description. I also think the band was really honest with telling everyone what to expect here. Of course, there are tons of people out there that are somehow disappointed. This is not Priest! Where's the power? The energy? Pffft!

so long as it isn't as pompous or overblown as Manowar's last album, then i'm prepared.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 pm

mc666 wrote:

so long as it isn't as pompous or overblown as Manowar's last album, then i'm prepared.

i dont think anything as obnoxious as manowarts last one could ever be achieved again consciously...

Alex

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:43 pm

No. I hate Judas Priest! Mad

Bwahahaha!! Of course. I'm the freakin' Sentinel, baby!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Or Timo Tolkki's "rock" opera.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Crud, I totally forgot that this was coming out yesterday... now I'm outta $ till the weekend so I guess it's gonna have to wait
angry

Jeez you just keep forgetting everything dont you? lol

It's been a rough week. Right now I have a cold so I spent yesterday @ home doing as little as possible. Now I'm suffering from a NyQuil hangover. Laughing

lol. Yea I got a cold too! I dont know how I get sick in the summer.

Well I gave the album another listen today and I actually like it. Its not one to really pick a favorite song from but to listen to it straight through its pretty good.

Funny... I was reading a interview today with the bassist (his name escapes me right now) and he pretty much doesnt believe anything about nostradameus. It was like he barely put any input in on the album he just played his bass parts and that was it lol.

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

Turbo and Ram It Down was bad? Are you serious? I think their worst was Point Of Entry.

I like Turbo and Ram It Down and agree that Point of Entry is lame.

I love PoE, that was the tour I first saw them on, great lp! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:13 am

candlemass wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Turbo and Ram It Down was bad? Are you serious? I think their worst was Point Of Entry.

I like Turbo and Ram It Down and agree that Point of Entry is lame.

I love PoE, that was the tour I first saw them on, great lp! 🤘

That was the only album I couldnt get into. Its only got like 3 good songs. Heading out to the highway, Desert Plains and Turning Circles.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:24 am

just picked it up on my way home. i'm excited to hear it. reminds me of when i was a kid. Smile

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never understood the hate for RAM IT DOWN. It's way better than TURBO at any rate. I always felt their worst albums were TURBO and DEMOLITION

My brutha!! 🤘

Ram It Down is a great album.

Turbo is OK...

Demolition? sick
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 am

Wal-Mart has it and I am going to get it tonight! headbanger

I'm still working on my Priest catalogue and can't say which is best or worst of all. I have Sad Wings, British Steel, Screaming (favorite so far), Defenders, Painkiller, Jugulator, and Angel (least favorite so far-but still a good album). My next purchase (apart from the new one of course) will be one of the ones from the 70's.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 am

I have no pre-Painkiller Priest albums. Never heard anything but the radio hits and common covers.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 am

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Picture085mf6

than I'm your man. Smile make me an offer, if you're interested. the only remaster it's missing is point of entry.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:40 am

Got the CD at Wal-Mart during break. And I just now finished applying for my free ticket to the concert. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 am

ensiferum2k wrote:
Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Picture085mf6

than I'm your man. Smile make me an offer, if you're interested. the only remaster it's missing is point of entry.

Looks like Screaming for Vengence is missing too.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 am

I have had this for a week now and it F*&king rips 🤘 🤘 I love it, it takes me away to another place. Weird uhh.. Every listen gets better. I hope they release a shirt of the 4 Horseman picture, Now that is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am

I got an e-mail this morning from one of our audio guys confirming that a copy is on it's way to me. I should have it by next week. Sweet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:06 am

Mordor wrote:
I have had this for a week now and it F*&king rips 🤘 🤘 I love it, it takes me away to another place. Weird uhh.. Every listen gets better. I hope they release a shirt of the 4 Horseman picture, Now that is awesome

That's funny that you'd say that because when I first saw that picture I thought it'd make a wicked sweet album cover. I think that picture would have suited the classic Priest logo. I'm still choked that they didn't use it. I know it's a stupid little thing, but I'm all about esthetics. I'll admit that the cover they went with is pretty badass. The logo they used reminds me a bit of the original gothic script logo, which was pretty rockin'.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 pm

They're not coming anywhere near me. If anyone wants my ticket code, make me an offer.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Listening to this as I type and so far so good (I'm half way through disc 1). I'ts Priest, yet at the same time it's not. When I heard Priest was going to do orchestration, I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing. After all, Priest has earned their reputation as being pure unadulterated metal. Orchestras were more suited to bands like Nightwish, Rhapsody, or Therion and I wasn't sure how well Tipton, Downing, and Halford would do as composers. The orchestra parts are awesome and exceed beyond my expectations. This could very well end up in my top 5 this year if the rest of the album holds up.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Looks like Screaming for Vengence is missing too.[/quote]

oh, I have it somewhere on my big shelf. thanks for pointing it out tho
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Listening to this as I type and so far so good (I'm half way through disc 1). I'ts Priest, yet at the same time it's not. When I heard Priest was going to do orchestration, I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing. After all, Priest has earned their reputation as being pure unadulterated metal. Orchestras were more suited to bands like Nightwish, Rhapsody, or Therion and I wasn't sure how well Tipton, Downing, and Halford would do as composers. The orchestra parts are awesome and exceed beyond my expectations. This could very well end up in my top 5 this year if the rest of the album holds up.

You nailed it DallasBlack, this album is beautiful. It is everything I imagined and more. It is epic, and though I can understand some wont like it because they only want striaght up rock, it cant be denied JP were in a zone when writing this. Every sample, every orchestra note, every riff, and every note Halford sings all fit like a perfect chain and it flows so well. Simply amazing.

Not sure why I feel or think of Iron Maiden's 7th Son album when I listen to this, I guess since that always felt like a concept album and also priceless it draws me to that album, but musically they are nothing alike.

I think next to Painkiller this is my favorite JP album already.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm

I picked up the last jewelcase version they had today and I'm only on track 8 but it rules so far.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm

I broke down and bought it (so much overtime right now that I need something new to listen to!)

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next