Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?

Go down 
+49
manny
MoonChild
Mattallica667
stormspell
powermacho
Sword Of The Heretic
skullsmasher
DeathCult
Shiney
brontotex
Wargod
Temple of Blood
ghostintheruins
TrogDawn
TheGooch
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Invader
XYZ
Selvmord
MetalRob331
nevermore
Mglaffas81
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
tohostudios
mez
Mordor
ensiferum2k
Tall Tyrion
candlemass
the sentinel
exact33
Lurideath
DallasBlack
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
mc666
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
INVADERS
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Quote :
That's just going to make Dragonforce haters hate them even more.

This would be true if music fans thought the Grammys were anything but the popularity contest that they are.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

That's just going to make Dragonforce haters hate them even more.[/quote]

Do we (the dragonforce haters) need another reason? Why can't they just die already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:31 pm

The funny this is, when you remove all the stupid 2 minute interludes and the slow songs that don't go anywhere.
you get a solid 10 Song album. I suggest you do the same. 10 songs down from 23! Blah! Disc Two was reduced to 3 songs! (of course this was based on my personal preference, but still.)

By itself, Prophecy is actually a good album opener!

1. Prophecy
2. Revelations
3. War
4. Pestilence And Plague
5. Death
6. Conquest
7. Persecution
8. Visions
9. Nostradamus
10. Future Of Mankind

Final verdict, got it down to 10 songs, and its a VERY enjoyable album for me!

Its almost like they expected people to remove the interludes, it still flows perfectly!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 pm

i agree with the Chairman. the songs that are good, are very good. it's unfortunate that they chose to add all the extra bloat to it.

i believe their next album will probably be a straight up rocker like British Steel.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 pm

to much bloat for me. nostradamus reminds me of the feeling you get after christmas dinner
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am

I recently dug this out and gave it another spin to see if anything stuck. It didn't. A coupla ok tunes, but otherwise boring. I feel like it's a chore to get through both discs and good music shouldn't be that way. I hope they got it out of their system and get back to straight-up metal.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 am

I liked the album alot and feel it is a grower. I also have to admire the fact that a band that is in their mid 50's (in the case of Glen Tipton he will be 62 sometime this year) isn't afaird to try something new and take artistic chances.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:19 pm

- I still can't get away with this release.
- I've had it since June and still can't get into it. I listened to the album between 20-30 times now and still just can't get anything from it.
- It's not for lack of trying to like it considering how many times I've listened to it.
- I just hope there next release is better....
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

not really my cup of tea and by far the worst album with Rob Halford Id rather listen to Turbo or Ram it Down anyday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8