Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Nostradamus

Go down 
+11
GrandNational
the sentinel
KissinMaiden
mc666
MetalGuy71
candlemass
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Wargod
Olafsto
caniplaywithmadness?
15 posters
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Judas Priest - Nostradamus Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:04 pm

priest are currently working on a symphonic concept album about nostradamus

huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:12 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
priest are currently working on a symphonic concept album about nostradamus

huh?
Did you just wake up from a long, long slumber? This is like three-year-old news. Haha.

But basically that's what they're doing. Not sure if they've said it'll be symphonic, though.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:14 pm

yeah theres gonna be a orchestra. that just sounds strange to me. since we havent had a thread on it yet, i just wanted to see what everyone else fink of it is all
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Anyone know when this is coming???
Read ages ago that it was almost finished, but it`s been quiet from the Priest camp a long time now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:46 pm

I heard around the first part of 2008!

Wargod48

NP: Stainless Steel - The Plague
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:49 pm

Yah, it was originally slated for the end of this year, but I believe it got pushed to early '08.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:06 pm

Ok, thanks for the info!
I have high hopes for this one, loved Angel Of Retribution!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:19 pm

I like Angel of Retribution. I'm not quite as excited about a 'symphonic concpet album' from the band. Priest are metal. They need to just play metal. Leave the symphonic stuff to the hordes of power-prog bands.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:24 pm

I think it will be interesting to see how Priest pulls this off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:52 pm

candlemass wrote:

Yea. Same here. I have a feeling though, it's gonna be a love it or hate it type of thing. No middle ground. It will be utterly brilliant and metal or completley overblown and terrible.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 pm

"There'll be a lot of symphonic elements. We might orchestrate it, without it being overblown. There may be a massive choir at parts and keyboards will be featured more prominently, whereas they've always been in the background before." - rob halford, jun 06

i've also heard its gonna be a double album
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:38 pm

i haven't heard about the symphonic element. i just heard it was supposed to be a concept album. as far as concept albums go...the Scorpions just pulled that off so maybe Priest can do it too. but with the symphony elements, i gotta agree with Ultmetal. Priest should stick to the metal.

so help me, if this turns out to be a "Gods Of War" type album, i will probably barf.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:39 pm

painkiller 2 please.

just playing! get me some Sis After Sin style priest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:18 am

Anytime i hear a word like "symphonic" i start to get a little nervous.I hope Rob hasn't deceided to take another detour from metal,only this time hijacking the members of Priest.I have a feeling it will in fact be a METAL album all the way.Right now im looking forward to that new Primal Fear' hope it doesn't dissapoint...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:08 am

I haven't been buying much lately, not even the new C-Mass, saving up for the move, this one will be a must have though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:37 am

I can't wait to hear this!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:50 am

Nostradamus was a quack. Why they are wasting their time on this fake is a mystery to me. Hopefully the music will be better than the concept behind it.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like Angel of Retribution. I'm not quite as excited about a 'symphonic concpet album' from the band. Priest are metal. They need to just play metal. Leave the symphonic stuff to the hordes of power-prog bands.

ult

Couldn't agree more.... Even though I love Judas Priest.... this just reminds me of 'their identity crisis' I called it in the 80's....

We're a metal band 'British Steel' Twisted Evil

Need a hit commercial hit 'Point of Entry' Smile
a metal commercial single 'Screaming for Vengeance' Judas Priest - Nostradamus 56834

We're a metal band 'Defenders of the Faith' Suspect
need a hit commercial hit single 'Turbo' grim reaper

we're a metal band dammit !! "Ram it Down" Judas Priest - Nostradamus 604261

???????????????????????????????????????????? scratch

Not that I think Priest will be commercial or anything but Just Put Out a Great FREAKIN' Metal album.....

pale affraid

i 'm so confused...................:cyclops:
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 5:45 am

with angel of retribution i fink they didn't know what era priest to be so it was a mish-mash of all past eras. still a great album tho
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:43 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Couldn't agree more.... Even though I love Judas Priest.... this just reminds me of 'their identity crisis' I called it in the 80's....

a metal commercial single 'Screaming for Vengeance' Judas Priest - Nostradamus 56834

Not that I think Priest will be commercial or anything but Just Put Out a Great FREAKIN' Metal album.....

pale affraid

Screaming For Vengence is just as metal as the others you mentioned scratch
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:15 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

pale affraid

Screaming For Vengence is just as metal as the others you mentioned scratch

That album has their only 'true' commercial hit. A patch job by Tom Allom in the studio in which Rob Halford wrote a melody over the top.

Like I said.... a Commercial Metal Single..... not poison, but they needed that hit. Defenders didn't have it, sales weren't as good. it's all management and record company meddling.... All those Bob Halligan Jr songs were attempts at hit singles....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:09 am

you cant go wrong with Priest... I have total faith in these guys, I KNOW this albums going to be heavy!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Yea. Same here. I have a feeling though, it's gonna be a love it or hate it type of thing. No middle ground. It will be utterly brilliant and metal or completley overblown and terrible.

I keep thinking the same thing... there's gonna be no middle ground.

As concept albums go, this could be their OPERATION: MINDCRIME, or it could be their MUSIC FROM THE ELDER. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
candlemass wrote:

I keep thinking the same thing... there's gonna be no middle ground.

As concept albums go, this could be their OPERATION: MINDCRIME, or it could be their MUSIC FROM THE ELDER. We shall see.

Well yeah, but Operation Mindcrime did excellent and Music for The Elder flopped big time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:26 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Well yeah, but Operation Mindcrime did excellent and Music for The Elder flopped big time.

Exactly my point! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus   Judas Priest - Nostradamus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Page 1 of 1