Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?

Go down 
+49
manny
MoonChild
Mattallica667
stormspell
powermacho
Sword Of The Heretic
skullsmasher
DeathCult
Shiney
brontotex
Wargod
Temple of Blood
ghostintheruins
TrogDawn
TheGooch
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Invader
XYZ
Selvmord
MetalRob331
nevermore
Mglaffas81
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
tohostudios
mez
Mordor
ensiferum2k
Tall Tyrion
candlemass
the sentinel
exact33
Lurideath
DallasBlack
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
mc666
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
INVADERS
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 pm

this album will not be coming part of my collection i just dont need it in my life as i dont have the time to absorb an album that long. what i have heard is good though dont get me wrong
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
You make perfect sense, sentinel. I'm like that as well.

That explains your pickiness Spec. If I was that way I'd be more picky as well. I on the other hand have no problem skipping songs that leave me wanting. I just don't have that compulsion to listen to an album from pillar to post and can pick and choose as I please. An example is the last Iced Earth album, when I program it into my MP3 player I automatially leave out the interludes and once I become really familiar with the new Priest album I shall do the same. Different stokes and all that jive.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
I got this today. I like it. But whatever steam gets built by one of the metal songs is quickly killed by an interlude. That's pretty frustrating. But "Alone" has the potential to become one of my favorite Priest songs of all time.

This one is a grower. I really like it alot. The production is awesome, IMO. The mix really appeals to me. I've never heard Mr. Hill so vividly in my life. Definitely not for everyone, but right down my alley right now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:55 am

I'm having a hard time getting thru both discs, glad I got it for free. I've been listening to it at work and it just fades into the background. Disc 1 ends and I feel obligated to play disc 2 just to keep it going and the same thing happens. It's over and I don't even realize it. For collectors purposes, I'll be holding onto this disc, but I don't see it getting many spins from me. Maybe further down the road I'll come to appreciate the effort, but for now, it's getting shelved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 pm

The few tunes I've heard don't excite me enough to warrant buying the album, but then the last Priest album I really loved was Defenders Of The Faith....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:36 pm

TheGooch wrote:
this album will not be coming part of my collection i just dont need it in my life as i dont have the time to absorb an album that long. what i have heard is good though dont get me wrong

Life is just too short, huh?

lol!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:44 pm

I preordered a hardcover book copy but it never clicked with me, so I gave it to a friend as I figured out I'm not likely to play it ever again. Priest has way too many good albums already, so this rock opera and Demolition won't leave empty spots in my JP collection at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Prophecy and the title track are great, but the rest is just sort of a King Diamond-ish symphonic concept album to me ( not that that's bad, but it just sort of annoys me)

At least I sleep at night knowing it's not as bad as Turbo.

Oh, and Point of Entry does NOT suck. I think it's a pretty good album.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Found a used copy for $9.00
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Well since I saw Priest the othernight at the Metal Masters concert ive been wanting to listen to this cd. I think its great! There are a lot of good chorus' and a lot of the songs are pretty catchy after a while. Its also a very mid paced album its not too fast not too slow. I think just because people know its a concept album they automatically assume it sucks or whatever. If you like priest just get it and listen to it dont whine and cry cause its too long or whatever lol. Thats just.....silly....
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Thankfully, I didn't buy it! sign
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

I do really like it - it is a grower! Plus, Prophecy was AWESOME live!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Yea it was. I would actually like to see this whole album played out live. It might be a little boring at some spots but I think it would actually be better than Iron Maidens A Matter Of Life and Death when they played that in its entirety
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:26 pm

That's what is missing from the Nostradamus album. Some of the interludes are so dynamic like a movie score, that a visual stimulus would be a welcome addition that would help the listener.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yea it was. I would actually like to see this whole album played out live. It might be a little boring at some spots but I think it would actually be better than Iron Maidens A Matter Of Life and Death when they played that in its entirety

Now I did LOVE that Maiden tour!!!! I love AMOLAD, so naturally seeing it live from track one to 10 was awesome!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 am

I have had "Nostradamus" since the day it was released, and I am still not sure what to make of it. It is a long album, it is something I definitley could not absorb with only one listen, but I do admire the fact that the Priest have challenged themselves to create an album so ambitious, instead of becoming an oldies act.
That being said, it sort of reminds me of Kiss " The Elder", not sonically, but it is an album still divides long time fans and doesn't really fit in with the rest of their discography.
I do like the album but even after many spins the album it is still revealing itself, this album has many layers to it, and each time I listen to it, I hear new things. It is an album that I have a feeling will grow on me with time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 pm

It's been a while, so I must try and give it another try. I like it but just can't seem to listen to it much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:46 pm

It's on my "maybe one day" list of albums. When I first heard that Judas Priest was doing a concept album about Nostradamus my first thought was....Spinal Tap.
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:08 pm

heard it at a mates thought it was excellent!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:31 pm

haven't got it yet but if i find a good price I will, otherwise not yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 pm

I love it!! another classic album by the metal masters
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Hell just froze over, Judas Priest has been nominated for a grammy, and to think it has only taken the Grammy 34 years to acknowledge Juas Priest, anyway here is the story:

British metal legends Judas Priest have been nominated for two awards at for the 51th annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday, February 8th, 2009 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The band is up for "Best Hard Rock" performance for "Visions" as well as "Best Metal Performance" for "Nostradamus" (the song). Guitarist Glenn Tipton commented, "It's great to be nominated again for two Grammys and maybe this time, after over 35 years of flying the metal flag — maybe just maybe — we might get one!!"

The nominees in the "Hard Rock," "Metal," "Rock Instrumental" and "Rock" categories are as follows:

Best Hard Rock Performance:

Disturbed - "Inside The Fire"
Judas Priest - "Visions"
The Mars Volta - "Wax Simulacra"
Mötley Crüe - "Saints Of Los Angeles"
Rob Zombie - "Lords Of Salem"

Best Metal Performance:
Dragonforce - "Heroes Of Our Time"
Judas Priest - "Nostradamus"
Metallica - "My Apocalypse"
Ministry - "Under My Thumb"
Slipknot - "Psychosocial"

For the first time, nominations were announced on prime-time television as part of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night". The one-hour special — broadcast live on CBS from Nokia Theatre L.A Live — featured past Grammy winners and nominees reading nominations in several categories, as well as performing songs from the Grammy Hall Of Fame in celebration of the grand opening of the Grammy Museum.

Grammy ballots for the final round of voting will be mailed on December 17th to the voting members of The Recording Academy. They are due back to the accounting firm Deloitte by January 14th, 2009, when they will be tabulated and the results kept secret until the telecast.
The 51st annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on CBS from 8 to 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Dragonforce might win a grammy?......

holy sh!t.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:13 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Dragonforce might win a grammy?......

holy sh!t.

That's just going to make Dragonforce haters hate them even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next