Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightwish probably sucks!

Go down 
+28
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
MoonChild
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Selvmord
Mordor
caniplaywithmadness?
candlemass
iamrockerfun
nevermore
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
Invader
EvyMetal
Wargod
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
kmorg
Vordul
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
tohostudios
krokus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:24 am

TheGooch wrote:
thats it freddy is officialy disowned

This from the guy who likes ST. ANGER. Talk about sign !!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:41 am

[quote="spectrefate"]
DallasBlack wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I'm guessing you really don't give a crap and are just trying to get a rise out of someone. Don't you got anything better to do?

No, I just don't give a crap about you.

I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Most of us are adults here and realize people have differing opinions.

Move along.

What is your problem? Throughout this post I have been respectful of other's opinions and I don't deserve that kind or response. I realize people have differing opinions and I have no problem with that. I was just curious as to why people have such a hatred towards Nightwish. If you are "adult" as you claim to be then why can't you give an honest answer to a question instead of giving us more of the same "they suck" rhetoric? I really don't care whether you give a crap about me, all I ask for is a little civility.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 am

Fair enough.

Nightwish is just a cookie cutter band. Plain and simple. I honestly believe, while perhaps not in your instance, that bands such as this are popular not by their talent, but because of nice album art and an attractive looking lead singer.

I suppose I do not give them a fair shake because they sound like every other "power metal" band out there. The guitarist, keyboardist, female singer, and unnatural sounding drummer formula is what is killing the metal scene worldwide and I see Nightwish as being the ones waving the banner of mediocrity to the masses.

20 years down the road no one will be talking about Nightwish. THey lack a timeless quality. Much like parachute pants. (although Uncle Sax still wears them today) In my opinion, they are all fluff and no substance. That combination deserves the "sh!t' moniker from me.

I respect that you and millions of others enjoy this band but also realize that there are alot of people who do not like them, maybe for the same reasons I stated above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:59 pm

Nice avatar spec.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
they are ok. i like them fine. moreso with Anette than with Tarja.

Amen to that. Not a fan though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fair enough.

Nightwish is just a cookie cutter band. Plain and simple. I honestly believe, while perhaps not in your instance, that bands such as this are popular not by their talent, but because of nice album art and an attractive looking lead singer.

I suppose I do not give them a fair shake because they sound like every other "power metal" band out there. The guitarist, keyboardist, female singer, and unnatural sounding drummer formula is what is killing the metal scene worldwide and I see Nightwish as being the ones waving the banner of mediocrity to the masses.

20 years down the road no one will be talking about Nightwish. THey lack a timeless quality. Much like parachute pants. (although Uncle Sax still wears them today) In my opinion, they are all fluff and no substance. That combination deserves the "sh!t' moniker from me.

I respect that you and millions of others enjoy this band but also realize that there are alot of people who do not like them, maybe for the same reasons I stated above.

Now I understand you guys better. That is exactly what I wanted to know and now while I don't agree about the mediocrity part, I understand where your comming from.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:53 pm

Quote :
I suppose I do not give them a fair shake because they sound like every other "power metal" band out there.

They do now. What drew me to the band initially was the combination of operatic soprano and metal. Now that the operatic element is gone, they're just like any one of a dozen bands. The only other band that does the operatic metal hybrid as well is Therion.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Im in the I like Nightwish category. I own all their albums and im wanting to get the new remasters with all the bonus stuff. Even though there are a lot of bands out there with female singers (like my band) Nightwish still have their own unique style of music. It did take me a while to get into them at first when I heard Wishmaster but they grew on me. I even think I like them more now without Tarja singing. She wasnt a trained classical singer away that was just how they wanted her to sing. Probably why I havent picked up her solo album because she sings nothing like she did in Nightwish. Anyway Nightwish is a great band and now with the new girl I think the next album will be even better, and I like Marcos voice Tarot is awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Not a fan of the female "opera" vocals, not a fan of this band.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
thats it freddy is officialy disowned

This from the guy who likes ST. ANGER. Talk about sign !!!

oh totall
i had smurf poo on toast for breakfats today

S.T Anger Rules!!!!!!

Long Live Metallica and Nightwish!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Not a fan of the female "opera" vocals, not a fan of this band.

I think u might like this new singer over Tarja. I love Tarja and i also like the new singer she has such a smooth voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:10 pm

Quote :
Or (and I suspect this is the case for our own Uncle Saxon), do you not really give a damn and your just bad mouthing them because you know it will get a rise out of somebody? Just curious.
I was hoping the word "probably" would indicate that I have not heard a single note from this band. I just wanted to consolidate all the overflow from other threads into one tidy place.

But, yeah, you have been around long enough DB to know we like getting "rises" out of people. I think you're cool, ya just gotta realize no one takes any personal shots at anyone else around here. My suggestion would be to RETALIATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!!! You could start my telling me how unlistenable most crossover is. That will get me going. Arg! haha
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Or (and I suspect this is the case for our own Uncle Saxon), do you not really give a damn and your just bad mouthing them because you know it will get a rise out of somebody? Just curious.
I was hoping the word "probably" would indicate that I have not heard a single note from this band. I just wanted to consolidate all the overflow from other threads into one tidy place.

But, yeah, you have been around long enough DB to know we like getting "rises" out of people. I think you're cool, ya just gotta realize no one takes any personal shots at anyone else around here. My suggestion would be to RETALIATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!!! You could start my telling me how unlistenable most crossover is. That will get me going. Arg! haha

I'd recommend an even more direct approach.

Like.....

hmmmm....

Oh, I don't know....maybe something like...

SAXON SUCKS!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SAXON SUCKS!!!

Oooooooohhhhh NO YOU DIN'T!!!! Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 505193

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 627712

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:34 pm

Uncle Saxon needs to quit getting a rise out of people.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:53 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
you know those Prince fans & their need to bring others down to their level. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:54 pm

Quote :
SAXON SUCKS!!!
Well, now that's just silly. At least try to be logical if you're gonna get on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:55 pm

Quote :
you know those Prince fans & their need to bring others down to their level
I really do have some fetishes, eh?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:16 pm

TT nailed it.....I have Once and Oceanborn and while they are "good" they do not stick. I get bored easily with NW and I like Euro Power Metal.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 am

spectrefate wrote:

What he said, right down to heavy metal being mediocre today.

I'd also like to take the time to quote the fab Australian rock n' roll combo the Hard-Ons, "It's easy making money off goths".

In this bands case it's true, also throw in confused metalheads in the place of goths as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 am

i will agree that the modern metal scene has become medoicre which i swhy i dont listen to much modern metal
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 1:44 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Saxon's getting a rise? Out of whom? :defleppard:

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
TT nailed it.....I have Once and Oceanborn and while they are "good" they do not stick. I get bored easily with NW and I like Euro Power Metal.

Get Wishmaster that ones better than those and also Dark Passion Play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:15 pm

I loved them before all you fags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwish probably sucks!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next