Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightwish probably sucks!

Go down 
+28
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
MoonChild
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Selvmord
Mordor
caniplaywithmadness?
candlemass
iamrockerfun
nevermore
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
Invader
EvyMetal
Wargod
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
kmorg
Vordul
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
tohostudios
krokus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I loved them before all you fags.

Want a cookie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm

I don't mind Nightwish at all, I'll be honest and say that I have not checked out the latest album yet but as for the Tarja era of the band I enjoy a few of the albums. Century Child & Once are two that come to mind, they are one of the 4 female fronted bands that I like, the others being "Visions of Atlantis", "Edenbridge", & "Epica".

As for bands like Arch Enemy, I have no interest in them, if I want to hear a woman scream like a man I'll tell my woman that I shafted her younger sister.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:12 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Want a cookie?

I have no opinion one way the other about the band, but if you're handing out cookies, I'll take one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Want a cookie?

I have no opinion one way the other about the band, but if you're handing out cookies, I'll take one.

No cookie for you!Good day sir
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Run away, MG! Thrasher is one of those creepy guys in trenchcoats who stand around offering cookies to little kids in the park.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Run away, MG! Thrasher is one of those creepy guys in trenchcoats who stand around offering cookies to little kids in the park.

Strangers ALWAYS have the best cookies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:05 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Want a cookie?
Of course.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:00 pm

See,Even Eyesore likes my cookies.TT wishes I was the creepy guy in a trenchcoat handing out beer!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Cookies, schmookies...I still say Saxon sucks!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm

A beer would be tempting.

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Put that thing away!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Hmm, I've heard a few of their albums, earlier ones I think. They weren't too bad. One of the bands I plan on checkign out more later, not really a priority at this point though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:38 pm

For the record, Nightwish is a favorite of mine. When I was in Korea in 1999, a guy that worked at the metal record shop (that's right, I say this every time, the metal record shop) handed me a copy of Angels Fall First and Oceanborn, and said "Buy them." He was a way cool cat. Didn't speak much English, but we somehow managed to discuss music for at least an hour each time I went there. Haha. Just pointing and making nonsensical noises like cavemen. It was totally cool.

Anyway, I popped Angels Fall First in when I got back to base and was blown away. Never heard anything like it before! This was before the explosion of female-fronted metal bands. Prior to that I had very few female-fronted metal bands in my collection—The Gathering, Lacuna Coil, Lullacry, Sinergy, but nothing quite as epic as Nightwish. After that I was hooked. Angels Fall First—while excellent—has a few turds on it, as the album was somewhat hastily put together, but Oceanborn rips from beginning to end. They haven't let me down yet. I love every album from them. Even the new one (though Tarja is a way better singer).

I personally think it would killer if the band just put Marco on the mic. He might not be able to pull off the old songs, but if you've heard the demos for the new album (all sung by Marco), it's pretty clear that Nightwish would be killer with just him singing.

EDIT: Here you go (in two parts, search for part two):

Now this is just a demo. Imagine a full-blown studio version.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 pm

I've long thought that Nightwish would be much better if they dropped the female leads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:25 am

When Tarja was in the band, and especially on Wishmaster and previous, I would never have suggested another singer. On Wishmaster she started singing in a more typical tone, which I think sort of grounded the band in among the droves of other female-fronted bands. Still totally original musically, but we all know how much a singer makes or breaks a band, and the typical singing, while better than the norm, was no longer exceptional. Few female vocalists out there can even compare to Tarja, in my opinion. And now with Annette in the band, there are countless singers that just blow her away. If I had to choose, I'd toss Marco in front as lead, and leave Annette as a back up. Haha.

This is when Nightwish was heads and shoulders above most bands close to their style:

By the way, anyone think the drummer for Nightwish looks exactly like Scott Rockenfield (Queensryche) when he's playing? It wouldn't surprise me if Rockenfield is his favorite drummer.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:59 pm

I listend to Dark Passion Play today, in memory of this thread....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:01 pm

kmorg wrote:

Did it suck? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Did it suck? Laughing

A little, but then again, I like to suck..... Shocked

Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Although their early stuff rules!

yes their stuffs ruled when the cds reach the end ahahahah
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 am

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Did it suck? Laughing

hmmm... well, as long as you are down there. would you mind?

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:04 am

There is one thing I can say sucks about Nightwish (yes, I, one of the biggest Nightwish supporters here) and that is their popularity. Don't get me wrong after over a decade and 6 albums of hard work they deserve it. However, now people are liking them just because they are popular and what once was a treasure to only a number of people now has to be shared with the masses. I personally enjoy liking a band that is widely unknown because it makes the band that much more special to me. Now people are listening to Nightwish because they are the flavor of the month and not because they really enjoy the music and I always have a problem with that. I don't blame Nightwish, after all when Tuomas put them together he had no guarantee that they would take off like they have. It was just for the love of music that Nighwish came to being. So I guess my reasons are selfish for saying their popularity sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 am

Sorry, DB, but that's one thing about music fans that I think is absolutely retarded. I have friends that get angry when bands get popular. Who gives a crap? Oh now, now they're not the only cool guy at the mall with that band's shirt! Who cares?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Sorry, DB, but that's one thing about music fans that I think is absolutely retarded. I have friends that get angry when bands get popular. Who gives a crap? Oh now, now they're not the only cool guy at the mall with that band's shirt! Who cares?

Did I say I don't like them because they are popular? No. Nor did I say that I was angry at them for being popular. I was just saying that I sometimes like being one of few who likes a band, makes me feel like I found something precious that few will have the privelege of hearing. Also I want people to like Nightwish because of the music not because everyone else is listening to them. I also think I made it clear that they deserve it too. So you can't quite put me in the same league as your friends, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Did it suck? Laughing

hmmm... well, as long as you are down there. would you mind?

So who's editing right needs to be revoked here??? angry

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I went from love them to hate them.

I went from hate to love them.

Well, like them.

I have 'Once', and there are like...no riffs. The guitars mainly just play rhythmic chords. Tarja's vocal melodies are excellent, but I've listened to that CD over 10 times and can't recall a single guitar part other than the short solo in 'Nemo'.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:32 pm

They have been very popular here in Europe for years. And after that Nemo song they got HUGE. But that`s already some years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwish probably sucks!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next