Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post a song, I will comment on it

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
metalken
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
James B.
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Lari
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 1:37 am

Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Another Japanese band for you; this one is another all female band, but this one is in English (well, broken English). This was the lead single from their 2022 release (that Metal Hammer has as a top ten power(?) metal release of the year). I am a big fan of the music they have brought out over the years via 4 full lengths and 3 eps, so I may be biased; but their sound just touches on power metal alongside progressive and metal core. They have toured in Europe twice and are planning a U.S. tour in 2023.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 9:57 pm

Lari wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Alright, a little change of pace. Which is welcome! Achelous? I could think of at least four different ways to pronounce that name. And I have no idea which one is correct.

And it comes with a video, of some sort.

But, ooh, the slow intro has a melody that makes me think of... hmm... where is that from? Very familiar. Axxis or Iron Maiden or something. Gamma Ray? I'm sure I've heard it before, and it's killing me I can't remember where it's from. No wait, I got it, Therion - Arrow from the Sun! And it's not even that similar. It's just that one run of notes.

And damn, this shit is EPIC! I love it! Absolutely love it! At first I was like, well it's just Therion + trad metal clone with simple riffs, but that singer is so good. Therion worship? Maybe partially, but the SOUND is just perfect. I am right now ordering this CD. It's new, it says 2022. How about that. $13.50. LOL the band is Greek, singing about northern winds. I just experienced a ghastly blizzard today, skin still windburnt, car is already now under 2ft of snow and I have to shovel like hell tomorrow morning. Just like I did this morning. Not sure the Greeks know what the northern wind is about. Oh well, at least these guys know how to make epic music, and that's enough for me.

A bit of Manilla Road, a bit of Therion, a bit of just being kickass (studio) performers. No idea how this translates live. A lot of times I don't like slower tempo songs like this. But this one just works.

As a side note, I love the shirt you're wearing in your profile picture. I own the album, Warning of Danger, two times. I actually bought both copies recently. Two exact same prints, by accident. I had just gotten into Battle Cry after I got a cheap CD copy from Amazon, and thought "wow what a great band, I need to get more by these guys and ordered Warning of Danger one night. The very next day I was working from home and the mailman came around 1pm and I was surprised to find he had a parcel with Warning of Danger. Very cool. How good is Jeff Bezos anyway?! Man.

Until about 4-5 days later when I received another copy of Warning of Danger in the mail. This one was the one I ordered that night. I went back to look at my order history, and sure enough, one weekend night I don't remember much about, I had ordered a bunch of CD's including Warning of Danger. So it was more about my drunk ass being an idiot than Jeff Bezos being superman.

But yeah, Achelous are awesome. Now somebody tell me how to pronounce it Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 395375

Not sure how to pronounce it, but I do know it's the name of a Greek river god. Normally wouldn't know about a band not on a well known label (Nuclear Blast, Frontiers, SPV, etc) or with any band members known for other bands but I found a review site that keeps popping up on my Google feed (Android phone) called Angry Metal Guy. They normally review extreme bands but occasionally review Symphonic, Traditional, Power, and Progressive bands. Apart from Achelous this year I discovered other good obscure bands from that site (Sanhedrin, Charger, Judicator, Eruption, HellFire, Nova Luna, Onward, Savage Master, Summerlands, Them!, and Vypera) plus new releases from bands I already knew of.

Achelous have a very cool sound plus as you said, an amazing vocalist and that song is one of the best album openers I've heard in quite some time so it was  a no brainer as the one song I was going to pick for this thread. They were definitely a sleeper hit for me this year.

I love that Omen shirt too. They were an awesome old school metal band with a very unique vocalist (R.I.P.) and I was glad to find a shirt. Apart from purchasing a boat load of CDs I have rekindled my love of t-shirts and have amassed quite a collection in recent years. I'm just glad I have the money for them (working with the post office I have no time for a personal life but plenty of disposable income) however, with the inflation (and the fact I help my mom out with household expenses) my money is sadly drying up faster than it did in previous years so I'm going to have to buy a lot less this next year.

Funny you mention Superman when talking about Bezos. I always refer to him as Lex Luthor.  Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 1f605

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 8:36 pm

It’s kind of misleading. I know it’s Lari’s thread and all… but if you post a song, it’s not guaranteed to be commented on. Just sayin’…

There should be a disclaimer that if the song isn’t his cup of tea, don’t bother.  Laughing

That said… I thought it was a cool idea at first. And in his defense, he could be overwhelmed with songs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 8:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
It’s kind of misleading. I know it’s Lari’s thread and all… but if you post a song, it’s not guaranteed to be commented on. Just sayin’…

There should be a disclaimer that if the song isn’t his cup of tea, don’t bother.  Laughing

That said… I thought it was a cool idea at first. And in his defense, he could be overwhelmed with songs.

That's why i stopped posting any more songs.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Let's see, where did I leave off. I believe it's Gilbert. With his favourite band.

Gilbert wrote:

I haven't heard this, but I pretty much know what to expect. And I am not disappointed. Tight guitar riffs, and Mr. Dirkschneider doing his trademark thing. Catchy classic heavy metal. Lyrics are not as funny as (early) Accept, which is the only UDO I am familiar with.

This song reminds me of another. But having spent two minutes trying to figure it out, I must give up.

The pre-chorus is real nice. The whole song has a nice forward moving feel. Something for the car playlist, that's for sure. It's a good song, but what can I say about it? Udo's voice can get a little tiresome in large doses. But this one worked real well as a stand alone track. 4/5

Next.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Unfortunately I get a 'This video is not available' text here. And I don't know what song that is, so I can't search a different source.

It happens with Youtube. Repost maybe, and I'll play it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:23 pm

John Madden wrote:

Judging by the characters that cross that crotchless angel's waist, this is another Japanese entry here.  There's the Sphinx, the pyramids, space, an angel... what is going on here? And the band is called Lazy? Laughing very hard
What a terrible band name. What next... Sleepy?

But the song. The guitar sound is not very heavy, and the rhythm is a little pop-rocky, if you know what I mean. But it's damn hooky. I like it. The solo is gorgeous. Even if the song slows down during the instrumental break. This is an interesting song. It finishes with pop style layered vocals and funky (fuzz?) guitar that speeds up. I don't know what to think of it, to be honest. But there's some talent there, especially in the guitar work. And this could be a total mess, but it's pretty tasty actually (unlike the album cover!).

This was very interesting. Thank you!

At the very least, I can now play this at work to show off how eccentric I am. I can be a bit of an attention whore. No, actually it's because there's this one colleague who plays all this weird stuff to me every day. Like this. I am frightened by all that weirdness. But she is still nicer than the 'radio guy' who has classic rock radio on non-stop at his desk. On a boombox that's 40 years old.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:31 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Oh what now. What is this? TSOL? I don't think I know them, but it sounds vaguely familiar.

It sounds 70's. Nice melody. Blue Oyster Cult'ish. The lead vocalist does his singing with a semi-talking voice. I'm not a fan of his. The song actually could have been longer, in my opinion. Add another section and another variation of the melody. It had potential.

But at least it didn't overstay its welcome. Yeah, I guess it works like this too. Not every song needs to be 4+ minutes.

A nice tune. But nothing more. Thanks.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:41 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Pretty mean sound. Thick, powerful thrash metal. Tasty. Bouncy. The lead singer has pipes too!

I first read the title like the band is called No Light. But no, the band is called Channel Zero, like it says in the image? It doesn't say on the title of the clip, which is odd. Wasn't 0 the channel you had to tune into to play video games on your telly back in the day? Or was it for the VCR?

The guitars are a little too dry for me (still not as bad as Metallica's Black Album), but if you're into this kind of technical thrash metal with good clean vocals, like I kind of am, this is a real good song.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:53 pm

metalken wrote:
Another Japanese band for you; this one is another all female band, but this one is in English (well, broken English). This was the lead single from their 2022 release (that Metal Hammer has as a top ten power(?) metal release of the year). I am a big fan of the music they have brought out over the years via 4 full lengths and 3 eps, so I may be biased; but their sound just touches on power metal alongside progressive and metal core. They have toured in Europe twice and are planning a U.S. tour in 2023.

Bridear? Oh dear. As in Bride + Dear? The Japanese people with their titles. Makes me think of the wrestling promotion they had in Japan in the 90's where Chris Jericho said he worked in. It was called WAR. Which is cool, right? Except that it was an acronym for Wrestling And Romance! Razz

Well, the music is mid tempo heavy metal. Bottom heavy, but pretty straight up actually. I expected something more, I dunno... gimmicky.

I will not criticize the broken English, because at least I can now theoretically understand what she sings. But the voice isn't the best and most awesome I've heard either. It even sounds like it's corrected somehow, autotuned or such. Not a fan.

Oh wow, the bass player is growling. That's not something most all-girl bands do. Pretty cool, I guess. But the music takes a more metalcore turn at the same time. Not like it wasn't very modern sounding from the beginning.

I'm going to say I preferred the previous Japanese song, but this wasn't terrible either. But I'm not going to come back to this song any time soon. It was nearly 8 minutes long, too. I probably need to add some Japanese metal to my CD collection though, because it's becoming clear their scene is vital and varied.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 1:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
(working with the post office I have no time for a personal life but plenty of disposable income)

We're kind of in the same business. I currently work as a logistics planner.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Oh wow, I do apologise I didn't realise this was now my daily duty to reply to this thread. I've been buying plenty of new music lately that I've been listening to, I work full time and I have responsibilities as a father. With your permission, I will now go make dinner for my three kids.

I hope it doesn't inconvenience the paying customers reading this thread. Oh wait, I forgot there are none.

just kidding

I'll get to new songs when I get to them. Tonight, tomorrow, the weekend, never. One of those.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Unfortunately I get a 'This video is not available' text here. And I don't know what song that is, so I can't search a different source.

It was Black Sabbath. The song: Disturbing the Priest
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Oh wow, I do apologise I didn't realise this was now my daily duty to reply to this thread. I've been buying plenty of new music lately that I've been listening to, I work full time and I have responsibilities as a father. With your permission, I will now go make dinner for my three kids.

I hope it doesn't inconvenience the paying customers reading this thread. Oh wait, I forgot there are none.

just kidding

I'll get to new songs when I get to them. Tonight, tomorrow, the weekend, never. One of those.

You should be glad that you got people to participate in your thread (to help cure your boredom). I never said to drop everything else in your daily life and make this your priority… but we have no idea what your intentions are after we submit a song. I played the game. You make the rules! Smile

Hope your kids enjoyed the dinner you made. Don’t tell them what a horrible person I am for complaining. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 3:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Alright, a little change of pace. Which is welcome! Achelous? I could think of at least four different ways to pronounce that name. And I have no idea which one is correct.

And it comes with a video, of some sort.

But, ooh, the slow intro has a melody that makes me think of... hmm... where is that from? Very familiar. Axxis or Iron Maiden or something. Gamma Ray? I'm sure I've heard it before, and it's killing me I can't remember where it's from. No wait, I got it, Therion - Arrow from the Sun! And it's not even that similar. It's just that one run of notes.

And damn, this shit is EPIC! I love it! Absolutely love it! At first I was like, well it's just Therion + trad metal clone with simple riffs, but that singer is so good. Therion worship? Maybe partially, but the SOUND is just perfect. I am right now ordering this CD. It's new, it says 2022. How about that. $13.50. LOL the band is Greek, singing about northern winds. I just experienced a ghastly blizzard today, skin still windburnt, car is already now under 2ft of snow and I have to shovel like hell tomorrow morning. Just like I did this morning. Not sure the Greeks know what the northern wind is about. Oh well, at least these guys know how to make epic music, and that's enough for me.

A bit of Manilla Road, a bit of Therion, a bit of just being kickass (studio) performers. No idea how this translates live. A lot of times I don't like slower tempo songs like this. But this one just works.

As a side note, I love the shirt you're wearing in your profile picture. I own the album, Warning of Danger, two times. I actually bought both copies recently. Two exact same prints, by accident. I had just gotten into Battle Cry after I got a cheap CD copy from Amazon, and thought "wow what a great band, I need to get more by these guys and ordered Warning of Danger one night. The very next day I was working from home and the mailman came around 1pm and I was surprised to find he had a parcel with Warning of Danger. Very cool. How good is Jeff Bezos anyway?! Man.

Until about 4-5 days later when I received another copy of Warning of Danger in the mail. This one was the one I ordered that night. I went back to look at my order history, and sure enough, one weekend night I don't remember much about, I had ordered a bunch of CD's including Warning of Danger. So it was more about my drunk ass being an idiot than Jeff Bezos being superman.

But yeah, Achelous are awesome. Now somebody tell me how to pronounce it Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 395375

Not sure how to pronounce it, but I do know it's the name of a Greek river god. Normally wouldn't know about a band not on a well known label (Nuclear Blast, Frontiers, SPV, etc) or with any band members known for other bands but I found a review site that keeps popping up on my Google feed (Android phone) called Angry Metal Guy. They normally review extreme bands but occasionally review Symphonic, Traditional, Power, and Progressive bands. Apart from Achelous this year I discovered other good obscure bands from that site (Sanhedrin, Charger, Judicator, Eruption, HellFire, Nova Luna, Onward, Savage Master, Summerlands, Them!, and Vypera) plus new releases from bands I already knew of.

Achelous have a very cool sound plus as you said, an amazing vocalist and that song is one of the best album openers I've heard in quite some time so it was  a no brainer as the one song I was going to pick for this thread. They were definitely a sleeper hit for me this year.

I love that Omen shirt too. They were an awesome old school metal band with a very unique vocalist (R.I.P.) and I was glad to find a shirt. Apart from purchasing a boat load of CDs I have rekindled my love of t-shirts and have amassed quite a collection in recent years. I'm just glad I have the money for them (working with the post office I have no time for a personal life but plenty of disposable income) however, with the inflation (and the fact I help my mom out with household expenses) my money is sadly drying up faster than it did in previous years so I'm going to have to buy a lot less this next year.

Funny you mention Superman when talking about Bezos. I always refer to him as Lex Luthor.  Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 1f605

It still seems like yesterday that you were selling off most of your music collection. Glad you finally found a long term job that works for you. Those of us that have been here for several years have seen your previous struggles. Good for you DB!

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 3:25 am

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Oh what now. What is this? TSOL? I don't think I know them, but it sounds vaguely familiar.

It sounds 70's. Nice melody. Blue Oyster Cult'ish. The lead vocalist does his singing with a semi-talking voice. I'm not a fan of his. The song actually could have been longer, in my opinion. Add another section and another variation of the melody. It had potential.

But at least it didn't overstay its welcome. Yeah, I guess it works like this too. Not every song needs to be 4+ minutes.

They're mostly a punk band, then went kinda pop rock or something like that. I only have this album and one other, checked out after they quit doing punk. I posted this song, because I love the lyrics.I was going to post Code Blue because of the lyrics, but thought I'd play nice. You should check it out. For it's time, well hell, even now, it was a really controversial song.

next...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 11:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I bought the deluxe edition of Born Again this year. It's not among my favourite Sabbath albums, but it's still got good tunes and it has an appealing backstory (Ian Gillan joining). And a bonus live disc.

I originally heard Born Again maybe 25 years ago and hated it. Maybe Zero the Hero seemed like a catchy tune, but the rest was not to my liking. I've changed my opinion slightly. I have developed huge respect for Gillan, including his solo NWOBHM band.

Disturbing the Priest is a song where he gets to shine. He is doing different things here and it's pretty intense. The vocals drive the song. It still, after all these years, sounds odd to have Gillan sing for Sabbath. 1983 was a strange year with this and Motörhead's Another Perfect Day.

I don't know what the lyrics are really about, but it's something evil and disturbing (duh). And Gillan makes the song. I don't know what else to say about it. It's one of the better songs on the album. I believe it's also on the Sabbath Stones compilation. And I think it's the only song featured from this album.

Iommi kept poaching more Ritchie Blackmore singers following this one, when he got Glenn Hughes. I wonder if he asked David Coverdale (obviously wouldn't have agreed).

Anyway, cool song. I don't have much to say about it. It was a good listen. A great fun era of music, 1983. The world would be slightly worse without Born Again. That album cover is fucking hideous though. I think the remaster sounds really good actually. I remember the old CD I listened to in the 90's having a pretty weak sound compared to the other early 80's releases. Gillan sounds a little nasal at times. Like he has a head cold. Maybe it's the production. But especially on Disturbing the Priest he's great.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 11:54 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

They're mostly a punk band, then went kinda pop rock or something like that. I only have this album and one other, checked out after they quit doing punk. I posted this song, because I love the lyrics.I was going to post Code Blue because of the lyrics, but thought I'd play nice. You should check it out. For it's time, well hell, even now, it was a really controversial song.

next...

Combichrist... I've never heard of them before. Music is industrial something. Synths and techno beat drum effects. Metalcore singing. What do you call this? Synthcore? lol!

It's pretty uplifting, it sounds like something you could play in a sports game. But the vocals are just not to my liking. That kind of Phil Anselmo / metalcore stuff I pretty much just always dislike, even if I can tolerate it in small doses.

I do like synthwave and darkwave and cool retro sounding stuff like that. But this, I dunno. I'm the wrong person for it.

This was the closest I got to not listening a song all the way through. I wanted to just end it after about 4:30, but I did make it to the end eventually. What's another wasted minute?

Thumbs down. But it was at least something different. It felt like Phil Anselmo spliced with a sports anthem. I still don't know what you call it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 1:34 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

next...

Combichrist... I've never heard of them before. Music is industrial something. Synths and techno beat drum effects. Metalcore singing. What do you call this? Synthcore? lol!

It's pretty uplifting, it sounds like something you could play in a sports game. But the vocals are just not to my liking. That kind of Phil Anselmo / metalcore stuff I pretty much just always dislike, even if I can tolerate it in small doses.

I do like synthwave and darkwave and cool retro sounding stuff like that. But this, I dunno. I'm the wrong person for it.

This was the closest I got to not listening a song all the way through. I wanted to just end it after about 4:30, but I did make it to the end eventually. What's another wasted minute?

Thumbs down. But it was at least something different. It felt like Phil Anselmo spliced with a sports anthem. I still don't know what you call it.

Haha, it’s all good, I’m not much of a fan of these guys either. Saw them live once opening for Rammstein and to this day they were the loudest show I’ve ever been to. They were louder than Rammstein that night. It was so loud that the floor Tom on the main drummers drum kit kept vibrating off the riser. That show is the only reason I know this band. I’m trying to post stuff others probably won’t. I could go all metal, but figured I’d throw in a couple curves along the way lol
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Local phoenix band. Saw them open for another phoenix local band called Flotsam and Jetsam a few months back. They’re good, not great. Cool live energy in concert though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

next...

Haha, it’s all good, I’m not much of a fan of these guys either. Saw them live once opening for Rammstein and to this day they were the loudest show I’ve ever been to. They were louder than Rammstein that night. It was so loud that the floor Tom on the main drummers drum kit kept vibrating off the riser. That show is the only reason I know this band. I’m trying to post stuff others probably won’t. I could go all metal, but figured I’d throw in a couple curves along the way lol

I googled Combichrist and it says "aggrotech (also known as Terror EBM and hellektro)". lol!

Now I feel a little wiser.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 2:23 pm

^^^wtf is that even mean!?! lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I bought the deluxe edition of Born Again this year. It's not among my favourite Sabbath albums, but it's still got good tunes and it has an appealing backstory (Ian Gillan joining). And a bonus live disc.

I originally heard Born Again maybe 25 years ago and hated it. Maybe Zero the Hero seemed like a catchy tune, but the rest was not to my liking. I've changed my opinion slightly. I have developed huge respect for Gillan, including his solo NWOBHM band.

Disturbing the Priest is a song where he gets to shine. He is doing different things here and it's pretty intense. The vocals drive the song. It still, after all these years, sounds odd to have Gillan sing for Sabbath. 1983 was a strange year with this and Motörhead's Another Perfect Day.

I don't know what the lyrics are really about, but it's something evil and disturbing (duh). And Gillan makes the song. I don't know what else to say about it. It's one of the better songs on the album. I believe it's also on the Sabbath Stones compilation. And I think it's the only song featured from this album.

Iommi kept poaching more Ritchie Blackmore singers following this one, when he got Glenn Hughes. I wonder if he asked David Coverdale (obviously wouldn't have agreed).

Anyway, cool song. I don't have much to say about it. It was a good listen. A great fun era of music, 1983. The world would be slightly worse without Born Again. That album cover is fucking hideous though. I think the remaster sounds really good actually. I remember the old CD I listened to in the 90's having a pretty weak sound compared to the other early 80's releases. Gillan sounds a little nasal at times. Like he has a head cold. Maybe it's the production. But especially on Disturbing the Priest he's great.

Nice little write up. I don’t disagree, except I don’t really hear any nasally singing…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post a song, I will comment on it
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next