Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post a song, I will comment on it

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
metalken
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
James B.
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Lari
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 5:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Beast In Black formed by former members of Battle Beast.

Of course I know Beast in Black! They are Finnish. This track is a perfect pop metal tune. 5/5.

I was playing this to my friends when it came out and they all acted shocked and horrified. But I know deep down they all enjoyed it.

God I miss you like hell
I was wrong I can tell
For the heart can be blind and frozen

The video is actually nice. Music, production and arrangement is top class. Drums slap. And those keyboards at around 3:10... that's like from an 80's action cartoon. Catchy as hell. These guys know a good melody. I didn't even mention the singer. His range here, in not just how high and how low, but the way he can sing different styles, is great. Evidence of great talent.

A great track. I do not own this on CD. Maybe I should? I have Battle Beast's self-titled and it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 pm

Lari wrote:
A great track. I do not own this on CD. Maybe I should? I have Battle Beast's self-titled and it's awesome.

I love both bands but particularly Beast In Black as every album have been constant replays in my playlists. I highly recommend Beserker and From Hell With Love (which I have a t-shirt of). The third album is not as good but is certainly not bad (has a cool cover of Manowar-Battle Hymn and believe it or not, a Michael Jackson song).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm

Alright, this is the last one of the night. Thanks for everyone who contributed. It feels like I shared a beer with you all, listening to these tunes.

Gilbert wrote:

What a great groove these guys set into here right from the start. A car driving song if I ever heard one. I can not see anyone NOT liking this tune. A simple simple beat, but I do need to break out the air drums again. Simple can be good. Absolute proof here.

Guitar solo is one of those that make you visualise the notes. So good. And the guitar tone is divine.

A timeless song. I'll try and play this to my friends and dare if anyone can deny the glory of it. And I still don't have no clue who Randy (dnk) is.

Awesome shit. Kicked my ass that's for sure. I am out of beer, but please do post more songs for later listening sessions.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:13 am

For next time:

Power/progressive band from Australia, Vanishing Point.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 am

Hooking you up with a few more songs Lari, as per your request:

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:22 am

Another excellent band from Turkey (yes they have a superb metal scene there):

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:26 am

Last band for this round hails from Cyprus:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Excellent choice Gilbert, love these guys!

Not to be confused with the doom band. This Pentagram uses Turkish folk influences and go by the name Mezarkabul. I was going to actually post this song from them:

However, Gilbert beat me to it. Very Happy But this at least gives you another idea how these guys sound.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Here's another from me for whenever:

If you put Sonata Arctica's vocalist with Kamelot, this is what you'd get.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Excellent choice Gilbert, love these guys!

Not to be confused with the doom band. This Pentagram uses Turkish folk influences and go by the name Mezarkabul. I was going to actually post this song from them:

However, Gilbert beat me to it. Very Happy But this at least gives you another idea how these guys sound.

Pentagram/Mezarkabul are awesome. I have their albums, with the exception of their latest one, which i have yet to buy.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 1:41 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 1:49 am

This is on pause because I haven't been able to properly listen to music for awhile now. I lost hearing on my left ear. I had a nasty cold the other week that caused a painful ear infection. I got the medication and it's fine, but my hearing is yet to fully come back.

Now, I could listen with just one ear, but I dont think it makes much sense for a thread like this. So I've just basically been playing my old favourites, or mostly just not played any music at all.

Kind of sucks. I can't listen to music because of the ear, I can't drink beer because of the medication, and I can't have sex because my wife left!
Sleep
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 8:49 am

Lari wrote:
This is on pause because I haven't been able to properly listen to music for awhile now. I lost hearing on my left ear. I had a nasty cold the other week that caused a painful ear infection. I got the medication and it's fine, but my hearing is yet to fully come back.

Now, I could listen with just one ear, but I dont think it makes much sense for a thread like this. So I've just basically been playing my old favourites, or mostly just not played any music at all.

Kind of sucks. I can't listen to music because of the ear, I can't drink beer because of the medication, and I can't have sex because my wife left!
Sleep

At least you have your heal... oops, sorry. 😁 Hope you get better soon, these songs will still be here when you're ready.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 9:54 am

Lari wrote:

Sleep

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you get better soon.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 10:45 pm

Lari wrote:

Sleep
I can relate with that. I almost always lose my hearing in my right ear every time I get sick. Really sucks. I can’t go swimming anymore either, because if I get water in my ear, it’s guaranteed earache. Hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:44 pm

My left ear is not 100%, probably more like 80%, but I've been listening to music all the time for awhile now. So might as well get back to this.

I have to trace my way back a little and see where I left off. I think it's here:

DallasBlack wrote:
For next time:

Vanishing Point! Cool. I do know them. I've even seen them live. They toured Finland supporting... Edguy or Gamma Ray or Sonata Arctica, or something, I can't remember for sure, but it was at least 20 years ago. My guess is Edguy. Maybe. I'd have to check my ticket stubs. Though Sonata Arctica makes more sense because they even covered a Vanishing Point tune at one point, I remember. I met a girl at that concert. Don't remember her name, but she took me to her place after the show and... you know Laughing

I even have one CD by them called Tangled in Dream. Got it off a discount bin for something like €2. Score. It was excellent. This song is not on it. I have not heard this tune.

Sounds super good. Intro has strong keys/strings, with a bottom heavy guitar sound. The singer is so talented. These guys are very underrated. The vocal melodies are interesting. Lyrics and the vocal melodies together evoke emotion, that's for sure. Very pleasant song, though not very edgy.  Drummer sounds awesome, the sound is very polished.

It's not beer drinking metal. More like headphones metal. The video left me cold, with all those super slow motion clips of actors. I'd have rather watched the guitarist play that sweet solo whole.

4/5. Very well done. It's a little safe, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:53 pm

Let's move on. A Gilbert entry is sure to hit a spot:

Gilbert wrote:
Hooking you up with a few more songs Lari, as per your request:

Ram - Forced Entry. Definitely a cool name. Maybe a little gay, I dunno? Not that there's anything wrong with that Very Happy

Huge pounding riff starts off the party. Singer knows his trade. Halford/Conklin style delivery. Very, very good metal vocalist. "Infuriatior!"

Song is straight forward. Stock, even. But sounds good. Sound overall is good. I can't even tell if this is old or new. Solo is a highlight. Until the ending scream! Now dammit that is a heavy metal scream
headbanger Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 25679

Very good track. I will definitely be playing this when in the mood for getting my ears pierced and balls squeezed. Proverbially. Terribly sorry for the mental image.

Verdict: good shit.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 2:04 pm

I glanced through the other entries, and I'll skip straight to Wrecked Neck's post so I get more contributors involved. Don't worry, in time I'll get to the others.

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Intruder. Okay, I do not know these guys. Cover makes me think of thrash metal.

Slow intriguing intro... breaks into thrash metal riffing. Of course. And then a lead guitar that is absolutely wicked.

Singer comes in and he has an excellent metal voice and delivery. I love it. Main riff makes you bang your head. Just the kind of thrash metal I like.

There's more and more riffs and leads coming. Wow. I'm going to say this reminds me of Megadeth. Or Heathen, Powermad etc. And is probably from 1988-1990. The golden years.

I could definitely listen to a whole album by these guys. It's not ground-breaking or "fresh", but this is the kind of music I like. Hard, fast and comes with an understanding of melody as a counterpoint.

It's pretty damn epic. I'm writing this and I'm looking at the timer and it's nearly nine minutes long! But somehow it never lost me. Quite something. I'll have to look if I can find Intruder on CD, if all their material is this good.

5/5. Damn good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 2:14 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Does it say 'Pentagram'? I can't quite tell.

Either way, music starts off very promising. Catchy riffing. Guitar tone is odd. Maybe it's like a cheap amp that doesn't quite produce the highs, and it breaks off a little there. Or recording equipment, I don't know. But I like the playing. Really like it. The lead parts are insane. Tasty. Also, the riffing and those fills make me want to pick up the guitar.

By the way it's thrash metal, but maybe a little slower in tempo, beats and rhythm playing. But the lead guitar fills that space very intelligently. Like, he adds these things all over the place to make it interesting. Riffing, kicking ass, doing it all here.

Singer has that nasty delivery that I associate with Randy Rampage.

Rhythm is very simple, but the lead guitar and the vocals are the selling point here. And those work so well.

Thank you for this. Who knew Turkey had music this good?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 3:43 pm

Here's a band from Greece:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Lari wrote:
I glanced through the other entries, and I'll skip straight to Wrecked Neck's post so I get more contributors involved. Don't worry, in time I'll get to the others.

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Intruder. Okay, I do not know these guys. Cover makes me think of thrash metal.

Slow intriguing intro... breaks into thrash metal riffing. Of course. And then a lead guitar that is absolutely wicked.

Singer comes in and he has an excellent metal voice and delivery. I love it. Main riff makes you bang your head. Just the kind of thrash metal I like.

There's more and more riffs and leads coming. Wow. I'm going to say this reminds me of Megadeth. Or Heathen, Powermad etc. And is probably from 1988-1990. The golden years.

I could definitely listen to a whole album by these guys. It's not ground-breaking or "fresh", but this is the kind of music I like. Hard, fast and comes with an understanding of melody as a counterpoint.

It's pretty damn epic. I'm writing this and I'm looking at the timer and it's nearly nine minutes long! But somehow it never lost me. Quite something. I'll have to look if I can find Intruder on CD, if all their material is this good.

5/5. Damn good.

Glad you liked them. They are one of those bands I just bought because I liked the album cover. never heard of them, and it was before the internet so I just rolled the dice. Turned out to be a great roll, because I love this band.Think they only have 3 full lengths, and one EP, but all are excellent. Escape from Pain is the EP actually. My personal favorite LP of theirs is called A Higher form of Killing.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2023 7:43 pm

Not sure if these guys have been brought up before, but to the best of my knowledge thay aren't a very well known band. Only two albums under their belt, but they are some good ones. This is the title track from their debut album.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Lari wrote:
My left ear is not 100%, probably more like 80%, but I've been listening to music all the time for awhile now. So might as well get back to this.

I have to trace my way back a little and see where I left off. I think it's here:

DallasBlack wrote:
For next time:

Vanishing Point! Cool. I do know them. I've even seen them live. They toured Finland supporting... Edguy or Gamma Ray or Sonata Arctica, or something, I can't remember for sure, but it was at least 20 years ago. My guess is Edguy. Maybe. I'd have to check my ticket stubs. Though Sonata Arctica makes more sense because they even covered a Vanishing Point tune at one point, I remember. I met a girl at that concert. Don't remember her name, but she took me to her place after the show and... you know Laughing

I even have one CD by them called Tangled in Dream. Got it off a discount bin for something like €2. Score. It was excellent. This song is not on it. I have not heard this tune.

Sounds super good. Intro has strong keys/strings, with a bottom heavy guitar sound. The singer is so talented. These guys are very underrated. The vocal melodies are interesting. Lyrics and the vocal melodies together evoke emotion, that's for sure. Very pleasant song, though not very edgy.  Drummer sounds awesome, the sound is very polished.

It's not beer drinking metal. More like headphones metal. The video left me cold, with all those super slow motion clips of actors. I'd have rather watched the guitarist play that sweet solo whole.

4/5. Very well done. It's a little safe, that's all.

It may have been Sonata Arctica you saw them with. Tony Kakko was a guest vocalist for a song on their 2014 release Distance Is The Sun (the same album that song is from).

Tangled In Dreams was their second album. It and the first one are good enough but they really shine after those two albums. True they don't have much of an edge, because their music is more about beautiful melodies and invoking emotions (much of the latter comes from the vocalist as you heard with this song-he has one of the smoothest-yet powerful-voices in prog/power).

When you are ready for more songs, I will provide something with more of an edge. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 3:22 pm

I'll only do 2-3 today, but I'll do some more this coming weekend. Post songs, especially those who haven't so much yet.

I'm on vacation. Just thought I'd give a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Let's see where we left off. I believe it's this one:

Gilbert wrote:
Last band for this round hails from Cyprus:

Cyprus? Cool. I've been there. Astronomikon is a cool name for a band, but how do you chant that at a concert?

Medusa with hard titties and tight abs on the cover? And a freakin' pegasus on the background? I'd say it's cheesy, but maybe not if you're Hellenic. Then it's okay, what with the cultural history and all. Let's hear the music.

Intricate guitars, very melodic sounding band. Singer has some pipes! He can hold a note that's for sure. He reminds me of someone. Ray Alder? Nice hooky guitar melodies all over the place. The song is pretty tame, but these guys can definitely play. I bet this works well live, with the added boost a live setting brings to the lower end.

It's a neat song. Like a slower Sonata Arctica. I'm impressed by the singer. I'm happy to have heard this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post a song, I will comment on it
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next