Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Fat Freddy
James B.
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Empty
PostSubject: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 10:53 pm

Which do you prefer?

I think Wolf Hoffmann has done a good job and has been pretty consistent with his current version of Accept, whereas Metal Church has been pretty spotty with their final album with David Wayne “Masterpeace” and most of the Ronny Munroe stuff. Even the two reunion albums with Howe are not as good as I had hoped.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 8:29 am

I dig most of the stuff Accept has done with dude from TT Quick.

Dug Metal Church a bit back when, but never kept up.

So..... Accept for me. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 8:42 am

Love me some Metal Church but I agree their "reunited" era stuff is spotty. I didn't care for Wayne's Masterpeace at all, and only Ronny Munroe album I really liked was his last one, Generation Nothing.
The two albums and the odds-and-ends comp with Howe stopped the bleeding for a while, I liked all of those (esp. XI). The latest album with the new guy took a little while to grow on me but I'm digging it.

Accept on the other hand came out with all guns blazing with Mark Tornillo on Blood of the Nations and have been solid as a rock on each album since then.

Sooooo yeah, I gotta go with Accept on this one too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 10:04 am

I have to agree with what James and Freddy have already posted. So Accept for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 10:12 am

I've always been a Metal Church fanboy, so it's no contest for me. Metal Church it is, although the Accept stuff has been solid too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 10:19 am

Accept for me. I've seen Accept with Mark Tornillo and Metal Church with Ronny Munroe and both put on great shows but the Metal Church latter day discography is uneven. Accept with Tornillo delivers solid albums and I wouldn't call any of them bad.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 11:20 am

Thanks for the input. Accept has been kicking ass and taking names! But MC is still cool. Their first four albums will always be undisputed classics.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 11:29 am

The thing I find most admirable about the modern-day Accept stuff is that even though there's been a complete changeover in band members other than Mark and Wolf, each album still sounds like Accept.

I really thought that losing Peter Baltes (the last of the "classic" era members) would have an effect, but on Too Mean To Die (their first one without him) they just kept on truckin'.

If I didn't already know that Peter was out of the band at that point, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Wolf runs a tight ship!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 11:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The thing I find most admirable about the modern-day Accept stuff is that even though there's been a complete changeover in band members other than Mark and Wolf, each album still sounds like Accept.

I really thought that losing Peter Baltes (the last of the "classic" era members) would have an effect, but on Too Mean To Die (their first one without him) they just kept on truckin'.

If I didn't already know that Peter was out of the band at that point, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Wolf runs a tight ship!

I agree!

Wolf has a formula that works (as long as he is captain of the ship). I guess it proves that he’s the mastermind.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:01 pm

I’ve recently been on an Accept kick. “Metal Heart” is such a great album! Previously I was a lukewarm fan, but I’ve rediscovered them and I just realized that they are a metal powerhouse. I think they are slightly under-appreciated compared to their contemporaries (like Priest and Maiden). I’d say they rank on the same level as Saxon, but Accept is more my cup of tea. This band is the definition of classic metal!

I also just checked out UDO’s latest album “Touchdown” (featuring Peter Baltes), and it is also very good!

It’s a win/win for fans of Accept and it’s alumni.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:37 pm

Meh. Any Metal Church is better than Accept.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I’ve recently been on an Accept kick. “Metal Heart” is such a great album! Previously I was a lukewarm fan, but I’ve rediscovered them and I just realized that they are a metal powerhouse. I think they are slightly under-appreciated compared to their contemporaries (like Priest and Maiden). I’d say they rank on the same level as Saxon, but Accept is more my cup of tea. This band is the definition of classic metal!

I've been slowly working on filling in the blanks in my Accept collection over the past couple of years. I think the only ones I still need are the debut, Breaker, and Predator.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Lari wrote:
Meh. Any Metal Church is better than Accept.

Accept will “accept” your apology when you come to your senses. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 7:28 pm

Interesting observation…

Most of the Americans prefer Accept, while the European guy prefers Metal Church. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 8:17 am

Tough call. I enjoy both almost equally.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I've been slowly working on filling in the blanks in my Accept collection over the past couple of years. I think the only ones I still need are the debut, Breaker, and Predator.

No rush on Predator because that album is awful. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 1:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No rush on Predator because that album is awful. lol!

It's one of only two Accept albums I own on CD. Bought it while in Germany in 2001.

I think the track Run Through the Night is brilliant. It's been one of the songs I've been practising on guitar, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?   Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Wayne/Howe Metal Church, or Post Udo Accept?
Page 1 of 1