Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post a song, I will comment on it

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
metalken
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
James B.
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Lari
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 7:12 am

Another great band hailing from Cyprus:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 3:32 pm

You ain’t kidding Gilbert.
This was a fantastic listen !
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2023 10:51 am

There's been a long break, but I have a no-plans weekend coming up. I reckon I'll get back to this, so I'll go through what's already linked here, but they run out quickly when I get going. So do hit me up with more songs. Thrash metal, hair metal, NWOBHM, speed metal, power metal, prog metal, 70's heavy metal are my favourites, but I don't mind going out of my comfort zone either, if you just think it's worth a listen.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2023 4:31 pm

If you've never heard these guys before, then you will be surprised at the vocals. Don't let your ears deceive you because that is not Bruce Dickisnon singing.

This year has opened me up to so many great metal acts so I have some backed up. Here is one more from a band with some history behind them with Gus G. (someone that needs no introduction):

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 5:47 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Up next is just a band I'm sure most everyone here has heard of, but I don't remember ever seeing them mentioned much. This is a band I LOVED when I first discovered them in the early 90's.

Pro-Pain, Foul Taste of Freedom

Nope, I have not listened to Pro-Pain.

The singing really isn't my thing. That hardcore barking. Music sounds fine. A bit like Suicidal Tendencies, no? Catchy chorus, with gang shouts. It's not a fast song, but there's some fine guitar work. This song gets my stamp of approval for sure, even if I'm not usually really into this kind of stuff. Crossover metal / hardcore punk, right?

I like the rhythm and the groove. It's got some serious hooks too. I'm actually surprised this didn't come with a video. It seems like a tune that would get over well. At least in the 90's.

It's a well composed song that doesn't overstay its welcome. I think a full album might get a little grating though.

Yes I'd say some hardcore/crossover/thrash is in there. I guess they are still active, and I only have the first 3 albums, so I have no idea what they sound like these days. The 3 I have are all in the same vein as this song pretty much. You might check the album out and see what you think. I get not wanting to hear a whole album, thinking it might not sit well, but I like them.

Okay up next we have the band Tenet. Steve Souza on vocals, Gene Hoglan on drums, one guitarist and bass player from strapping Young Lads, and can't remember where the other guitar player was from. One off album, which is a shame because this thing kicks ass IMO.

We are back!

So, Tenet.

Holy shit, the intro alone ATTACKS you. This is definitely some serious thrash metal. They don't let up. Souza's singing gets a little too shrieky for me. The rhythm is too stock, but the lead guitar parts keep this interesting to the end. It ends before I even get a proper feel for the song.

I don't know what to say. I'm not a fan of the vocals, so maybe I wouldn't play it again.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 5:56 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
For next time this is from this year, Fifth Angel-When Angels Kill. Apparently these guys have a past but I don't know anything about that. I read a review on Angry Metal Guy and they gave it a glowing review (if you are not familiar with that site, they are very hard to please) so I gave it a try, glad I did.

Yes, I've visited Angry Metal Guy. No opinions about the site.

But this song here now - I like it immediately. The intro, the setting. Hot. Looks and feels like music I would love. Sweet guitar work. Singer has a good voice and technique. This is a well-crafted song and these guys have a sense of melody. Modern production makes it sound too samey to 999 other bands. So I guess I'm not fully sold.

Video is very neat, CGI and all, but I feel like I've heard this song too many times. Competent musicians, but what's the selling point?

Ehhh, who am I kidding - I'm not a critic, I liked it a lot. This band is clearly targeted at people like me who are stuck in the 80's. Good, solid song. I would go see them live.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 6:03 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Fallen Angel - Spectacle of Fear, from their one and only album Faith Fails.

The previous band was Fifth Angel singing about angels killing things, and now we get more angels.

Let's hear it.

A brief soundbite leads to thrash metal goodness. They sound like Xentrix a bit. Excellent riffing, heavy and fast. British band also maybe, I don't know. Maybe the singer is a little too monotonic. He has a punk edge. I like to listen to talented vocalists with a trained voice. But at times, yeah, this here could work too. Especially with the song composition.

I really love the drum sound. Better than the lifeless studio sound we get nowadays. This is recorded sometime in the early 90's I bet.

A really good song. Ugly fucking album cover. Not sure I'd do a whole full length album, but if there's more songs like this... I dunno, maybe. I like their sound.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 6:10 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'll check a 2nd one up, as it's fresh in my head.

Sindrome - Rapture in Blood.  This originally came from their demo tape Into the Halls of Extermination.  It was re-released in 2016 as Resurrection: The Complete Collection.

Sindrome. That cover looks modern.

First few seconds clue me in that this is going to be quite extreme and modern. Slayer-like dark thrash metal.

But really, it's not that modern. I'm thinking 90's again. Seasons in the Sindrome? Very Happy

I can't stand the talking-style delivery of the lead vocalist, but the music is actually quite awesome. There's this chaotic energy, but also that thrash metal edge that harkens back to old school metal.

I don't know what to think of this song. The rhythm section and the guitarist are getting a real workout here. Damn energetic. However I really doubt I'd be up for a full album of this, but it was an interesting sample.

But I will bookmark this for when I get really angry and need to vent. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 6:20 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'll throw yet another one up.

Steel Reign - Cease to Exist, from their album Change to Insane.

I've never heard of these guys, but that's an awesome album cover with the band logo on the back of a demon. Massive letters, lightning, cemetery - I want to buy this just for the cover. In fact, I want to record that album. That's the album cover I want when I learn to play well enough to put down my ideas.

Music is heavy thrash metal. Maybe in the melodic/speed side of thrash. Singer has some pipes. He can hold a note that's for sure. Yet still has a credible snarl. I really like him.

It's all very catchy. The song locks in to a groove early on and doesn't deviate much. Recording quality is fine and you get quite a lot of low end (too much?) despite this being a compressed Youtube clip.

The beat changes for the instrumental break and I like it. This is damn good. Beer drinking headbanging music. Half a point off for lyrics... "I find it so strange you seize to exist"  Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 1f604

I think I really like these guys. I'm going to have to remember the name Steel Reign. I won't be buying their CD's first thing tomorrow or anything, but this was a good one to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Here's a song by an Italian band i just discovered. Got the cd too. Great vocals:

It's 1:30 AM here in Finland, I will have to go through the rest of your submissions tomorrow, but here's one more final parting song.

No Remorse. Like the Metallica song, or like the record label.

Pretty damn energetic. Music is like Axxis, vocals like something a NWOBHM band would have. Or Neil Turbin from Anthrax, or Bon Scott, if there is any difference. Either way, catchy as hell.

Makes me want to pick up the guitar and play along.

I would definitely go see these guys live. Retro style 70's/80's heavy metal. Fun stuff. Thank you Gilbert again for inserting earworms.

It's probably something that wears off fast, and repeated listens won't help but there's a charm to this kind of "roots" heavy metal music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2023 2:37 am

Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 12:14 am

Here's a somewhat newer one for you:

Immaculate - Cross of Nero

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 10:45 am

I'll try and get through some of these Friday tomorrow.

But I also have a pile of new (to me) CD's waiting to be played. A bunch of Overkill, Artillery, Paradox etc.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 5:06 pm

Glower wrote:

I know you like some punk rock every now and then.
I thought this was a fast fun video.

The Anti-Queens? Okay. Sounds like a pop song to start off. Then it gets into this pop-punk song with a cartoon video to go along. It's got a hook, but you're right it's not the type of music I normally listen to.

I like the lead singer, I like the melody line. It's okay. Didn't make my Black Friday shopping list, but a cute little tune.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 5:16 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
FIREWÖLFE-M.O.D. (Metal Or Die):

I have no idea who these guys are, but FIREWÖLFE is one of the most metal sounding band names I have heard. The art seems familiar. That's like a Sonata Arctica album cover with a twist. Let's hear it.

A big Accept riff starts off the tune. Not sure how serious these guys are. It's a cliche metal song about rocking hard. But the sound is very professional. Pretty heavy, mid-tempo. Singer stays in that mid range until the bridge where he shows off a little.

Now, this is a festival song. I don't think me listening to it here at home does the band justice. I can imagine this working a lot better slightly intoxicated in muddy Wacken.

Everything points to this being a German band but the singer doesn't sound German, at all. He's American. I'm baffled, really. Either they hired an American vocalist, or there is a band in America that plays this kind of music. Are they touring European festivals, and if not, why not?!   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 1f603 Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 1f603

Lead guitarist shreds. The chorus sticks to you. But I don't know if I want "Metal or Die" to stick to me. That's the problem. The strength of these guys is also their weakness. They do it well, but it's generic. Stock.

Ah, it's okay. I'll remember the name FIREWÖLFE. And I like that I get to use the ö-key on my Finnish keyboard. That's always a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 5:31 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Another great band hailing from Cyprus:

That previous tune was already quite a serving of masculine true metal. The preview image of this clip right here makes me think I'm being set up for more. "Forged in the Fire of Metal". Okay.

Intro is literally hammer hitting anvil. Then the song starts and it's not necessarily the palm muted stock BIG RIFF AAAAHHH I expected. It's quite interesting. This is retro, 80's. Singer has an epic quality to his delivery, and a heavy accent to go with it.

Epic is the word to describe this, for sure. Big chorus, vocals front and present. Guitars aren't overly heavy and dominating. More interesting. I think I like it quite a lot. Maybe 80's demo/garage retro appeal.

There's a fast break after the first verse-chorus-verse.

Honestly, it's a little amateurish sounding, but these guys are great. Raw energy. After a few beers tonight (I just watched the Hawks beat the Leafs), this sounds fucking brilliant.

I would definitely go see these guys live. Great sense of melody and the song is interesting. I like a guitar sound that's not the generic, layered, heavy, "we use best amps ever" you get everywhere else. Let your passion shine through instead, and capture a unique sound. This sounds like it's recorded in a living room. It doesn't always work. It works here. At least for guitars. Drums are shitty and need a proper reverb.

Whatever, I loved it. Loved it. Great stuff. How is something this generic and amateurish so good? Because it's *fun*!

Good shit, Gilbert.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 5:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
If you've never heard these guys before, then you will be surprised at the vocals. Don't let your ears deceive you because that is not Bruce Dickisnon singing.

This year has opened me up to so many great metal acts so I have some backed up. Here is one more from a band with some history behind them with Gus G. (someone that needs no introduction):

Okay, the guys are called Bare Knuckle and I'm totally expecting Bruce Dickinson after what you said Laughing

Great album cover. Reminds me of Castle Greyskull and Masters of the Universe. Another album cover I would like to do myself.

Music is more modern sounding. Deep bass, drums.... and oh yeah, this guy singing has listened to Iron Maiden that's for sure. He's a flawless Bruce clone.

Song is pretty cool, vocal lines are excellent and the Maiden worship is a little overbearing at times. Dominates the listening experience.

A cool guitar solo, great stuff really. These guys are immaculate pros. Is this like an AI generated song?! Sounds like Adrian Smith playing. It could be off the 2024 yet unreleased Bruce solo album.

I really like it, but I'm also really confused. Bare Knuckle? Okay. Where are they from? The band name makes me think of hockey and Canada, but these guys are probably European, right?

The second tune you posted is a Mystic Prophecy song, and I'm the resident (official) Mystic Prophecy fanatic here, and also an R.D. Liapakis fanboy. I love all their stuff. I have all their CD's and love them to death and they might be the best band in the world, but I will leave that song unreviewed for now so I can get to other stuff first. I'll go a smoke a cigar first and then do a few more songs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 6:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Attacker. I don't know what's going on in that album cover. Looks like angels are attacking civilians and burning their village.

Modern production. Singer has some pipes.

It's a Judas Priesty tune. I can imagine Halford singing this. Or Ripper, hah! Impressive screams nonetheless.

Song is alright. Doesn't fire me up that much. Sorry. Sweet guitar solo there too. But I think I've heard this song before. It's pretty good, nothing wrong with it. Heavy metal done really well. It's hard, thumping heavy metal. Classic stuff. Song goes by very fast. I'm surprised it was four minutes long. I don't have much to say. I'd like to hear maybe more songs by these guys. Because these guys seem to have it figured out. Very promising - maybe keeping with this sound, they have some really cool songs that are more interesting.

And yeah, that guy can sing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 6:08 pm

I'll temporarily hop over the consecutive Gilbert contributions, so I can squeeze in this one by John Madden, because I don't know if I have time for more tonight.

John Madden wrote:

Err... this seems different. It's like a rock 'n' roll tune. Reverend Horton Heat? I don't know them.

There's some distortion when the song progresses, but it mostly stays in the same groove.

Pretty infectious, I can't lie. If a little monotonic. I guess it was alright for what it was. I enjoyed it for three and a half minutes. I can't relate to the lyrics, because the last couple of years have actually all been pretty much shit, to be honest.

But yeah, thanks for the contribution. A curveball, sure. But it's alright.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 6:22 am

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 2:05 am

It''s Christmas time now and I've already familiarized you with Theocracy so I'm posting these two songs (review on, both, or even neither this is more for sharing Christmas cheer Smile )

These are two of my all time favorite Christmas songs. Catchy and funny as hell!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 7:32 am

Lari wrote:
I'll temporarily hop over the consecutive Gilbert contributions, so I can squeeze in this one by John Madden, because I don't know if I have time for more tonight.

Err... this seems different. It's like a rock 'n' roll tune. Reverend Horton Heat? I don't know them.

There's some distortion when the song progresses, but it mostly stays in the same groove.

Pretty infectious, I can't lie. If a little monotonic. I guess it was alright for what it was. I enjoyed it for three and a half minutes. I can't relate to the lyrics, because the last couple of years have actually all been pretty much shit, to be honest.

But yeah, thanks for the contribution. A curveball, sure. But it's alright.
The Reverend Horton Heat are "psychobilly". That was a Frank Sinatra cover. They've been around since 1990. They've toured with bands like the Melvins and White Zombie. Here's a song more typical of their style: .50's rock mixed with punk and metal. Great Stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 4:35 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a song, I will comment on it   Post a song, I will comment on it - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post a song, I will comment on it
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9