Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church

Go down 
+17
manny
mc666
Leatherface
nevermore
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Lari
SideShowDisaSter
Eyesore
Gilbert
Big Rich
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Sword Of The Heretic
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 3:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Robin Williams was terminally ill. He didn't kill himself because of depression.

Btw… you obviously are very naive to the fact comedians are some of the biggest victims of depression!

What a weird presumptive comment. Where did I say that?

I only said Robin Williams didn't kill himself because of depression.

Robin Williams' widow says it wasn't depression that led actor to take his life

Robin Williams' son opens up about father's mental health, saying the star was "frustrated" and "very uncomfortable" before his death

His quality of life became so bad because of Lewy body disease, he felt dying was easier.

Iron Maiden stopped playing Tears of a Clown on tour after more details of Williams came out, and the "sad clown" narrative was debunked. They didn't want to disrespect him and Steve Harris probably felt a little embarrassed for assuming he knew what had gone down.

Are you aware that sometimes even those closest to us don’t know everything. His wife didn’t either.
So you know better? Wow. That's arrogant of you.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 3:54 am

Refer back to Wrecked Neck’s last post…

Move on. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 7:15 pm

Great new “Talk Toomey” podcast with Andreas Kisser.

Mike Howe is mentioned and remembered.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/talk-toomey/id1041754937?i=1000530575762
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 4:54 am

Mike Howe interview 2016

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/talk-toomey/id1041754937?i=1000368369730
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 am

I wonder what's next for Metal Church.

Will Ronny ever make a comeback?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I wonder what's next for Metal Church.

Will Ronny ever make a comeback?
Kinda hope if they continue on, that they go with someone else. I saw them on the Generation Nothing tour, and he was decent, but something about him bugged me. Plus maybe a fresh new singer will keep the edge they gained when Mike came back.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 2:50 pm

I don't think continuing is the first thing on their minds right now.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 6:48 pm

That’s a heavy metal death. For sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 6:50 pm

I've read a few interviews w/Vanderhoof over the years where he said the only reason MC continued after Ronny Munroe left was because Mike Howe was willing to come back. He told Mike something like, "I really don't want to do this with anyone but you."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see Metal Church just fade away into the history of metal.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 pm

At least we got two extra albums with Mike Howe.

I think it’s time to let go…
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 10:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I think it’s time to let go…

Don't forget the new songs they released in 2020.

Great tracks which confirmed that MC still has the potential to deliver solid metal.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 10:18 pm

Lari wrote:
I don't think continuing is the first thing on their minds right now.

Definitely, i was only thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 am

Troublezone wrote:
And I don't own those! I have stuff to discover!

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Ronny Munroe's statement about Mike Howe:

"What a tragedy. Quick story: I met Mike and hung out with him one time, I think it was in 2006. He came out to Reno, Nevada and we shared the stage and we did the song 'Date With Poverty' together. After the gig, we all went to a club, had some drinks, sat and talked shop. He was a sweetheart. I never heard anyone say anything bad about the guy. What a tragic loss. You never know what is going on with people, I feel really bad, I know he has a couple of sons and that is devastating. I wish the family the best and I send my condolences out to all of Mike's family, friends and fans."

https://bravewords.com/news/former-metal-church-singer-ronny-munroe-on-the-passing-of-mike-howe-what-a-tragic-loss

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 3:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
Damn shame. Blessing in Disguise & The Human Factor were my second and third favorite Church albums.

Edit: I wonder if Kurdt will continue MC as well. I Know Billy has said ZZ will continue already.

Kurt has said in the past that if Mike hadn' tcome back, he wouldn't have continued with Metal Church so my guess is MC is done for good.

Sorry, just saw Freddy already posted this.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Their 2016 release, XI is a top 3 album of their's for me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Their 2016 release, XI is a top 3 album of their's for me.

It's a great album.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Sounds to me like they are blaming big pharma of giving him drugs without much therapy to help him deal. The drugs they give for depression can actually make things worse, and often times it takes several trials or different drugs to find one that helps. Even then, you can be on one for years that helps, then all of a sudden it stops working and the doctors end up changing things around. That process can also make things very hard on the person taking the medications. This part here:

Very true. I once had a guy who had just started taking antidepressants stand in front of my train. I'll never forget the cops saying "well they were supposed to keep him from wanting to do this, not give him the courage to do it".

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 11:02 pm

If you go deep down the rabbit hole, you'll soon see most if not all those mass shooters are hopped up on Big Pharma.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 2:33 am

Got the “Damned If You Do” cd free from Amazon.

It came with a light scratch, and I was gonna exchange it for another one… but they said keep it and gave a full refund.

Awesome album btw!  headbanger

Such a shame it’s the last with Mike. His voice was still stellar after 20 years of no music. I think he would of also fit perfect in Accept.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 6:51 am

Troublezone wrote:

It came with a light scratch, and I was gonna exchange it for another one… but they said keep it and gave a full refund.

Such a shame it’s the last with Mike. His voice was still stellar after 20 years of no music. I think he would of also fit perfect in Accept.

Great album indeed. I need to give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Amazon is so funny. They sent me shit I didn't order once and wanted me to set up shipping it back at my cost, I told them to fuck off, then they told me to just keep it and ended up sending me a second one after refunding me the money for the first one lol

That is a great album, I was listening to it a couple days ago. I liked all three of their newer albums with Mike singing though.

Love that Pro-Pain album you have as your avatar btw. Don't see them mentioned much these days. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Amazon is so funny. They sent me shit I didn't order once and wanted me to set up shipping it back at my cost, I told them to fuck off, then they told me to just keep it and ended up sending me a second one after refunding me the money for the first one lol

That is a great album, I was listening to it a couple days ago. I liked all three of their newer albums with Mike singing though.

Love that Pro-Pain album you have as your avatar btw. Don't see them mentioned much these days. headbanger

The recent Mike Howe albums are very similar to where they left off with The Human Factor. Great stuff!

I love Pro-Pain’s first album! I played it nonstop when I got it as a new release on cassette. “Contents Under Pressure” is another great one!

As you may know… Gary (the vocalist) was brutally attacked in Europe a few years ago. On their website the band was still playing some shows before Covid, so I assume he’s okay and they should have a new album coming sometime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 3:43 pm

Wasn't even aware they were still around. I'll have too do some YouTube research and check out their newer stuff. I have, Contents, Taste of Freedom, and Truth Hurts on CD, but kinda lost track of them. I love all three of those albums and still put them on once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next