Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church

Go down 
+17
manny
mc666
Leatherface
nevermore
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Lari
SideShowDisaSter
Eyesore
Gilbert
Big Rich
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Sword Of The Heretic
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Serious bummer news. Metal Church vocalist Mike Howe has passed away.

The band posted this on their social media about an hour ago. I imagine that there will be more details later.

R.I.P. Mike!

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Captur11

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 pm

This hit me hard, out of nowhere. R.I.P Mike
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Two of my all time favorite singers are gone. John Wetton and now Mike Howe. This stings.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Wow, I'm at a loss for words. One of my favorite vocalists.RIP Mike and thanks for all the great music.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Wow I’m shocked! Seems like yesterday he rejoined the band. So glad I got to see him a couple times with them, even got a quick half hug while he was performing. Seemed like a really cool down to earth guy. Sad news.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 pm

I’m truly in shock!

Totally unexpected and sad news. His vocals on Blessing and Factor are some of the best in metal ever!

R.I.P.

This is right up there with losing a guy like Hetfield and Mustaine (to me).

Horrible news!

Carcass fan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Man, how can this be?   Sad

He seemed to be in very good shape and healthy.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Yeah I was just listening to their latest release From the Vault. Guess I’ll be playing a lot more of his stuff tonight. Really sad news.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:19 pm

I recently had said that I was sorta disappointed with the reunion albums, but holy crap… I still wanted them to keep going! I always thought somehow they would hit the mark and recapture the old magic!

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:19 pm

We are so lucky he came back and recorded these last couple albums with Metal Church.

RIP, brother Mike.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Big Rich wrote:
We are so lucky he came back and recorded these last couple albums with Metal Church.

RIP, brother Mike.

That is true! I need to go back and give them another spin. But now it’s different knowing he’s gone…

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Damn, such shocking news. I just learnt about it.

He seemed in good shape, and i was hoping we'd get a new MC album soon.

RIP Mike, and thank you for all the music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:

That's what I thought too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:33 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Maybe they have some pre-production demos for what would’ve been the next MC album. Just like Static-X did with Wayne Static’s vocals on their recent “tribute” album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:38 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Maybe they have some pre-production demos for what would’ve been the next MC album. Just like Static-X did with Wayne Static’s vocals on their recent “tribute” album.

I sure hope we still get something, in memory of Mike.

Unfortunately, things will never be the same again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You just never know anymore… maybe his family has a history of health conditions. None of us know if he was a heavy drinker or used narcotics in the past…

You can look great on the outside and still have underlying health problems. God forbid, I hope he didn’t take his own life. I had a co-worker that committed suicide last April.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 10:55 pm

A video i wanted to share, in memory of Mike:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 11:28 pm

I literally ordered three of their albums yesterday—From the Vault, XI, and Damned If You Do—and now he's dead. This is the second time something like this has happened and I feel weirdly guilty.

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Mc10

No
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Wow, sad news indeed. I recently got my son into Metal Church. He likes their Damned if You Do album...

RIP

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 12:05 am

Eyesore wrote:
I literally ordered three of their albums yesterday—From the Vault, XI, and Damned If You Do—and now he's dead. This is the second time something like this has happened and I feel weirdly guilty.

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Mc10

No

All three albums are great and Mike really delivers headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 12:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You just never know anymore… maybe his family has a history of health conditions. None of us know if he was a heavy drinker or used narcotics in the past…

You can look great on the outside and still have underlying health problems. God forbid, I hope he didn’t take his own life. I had a co-worker that committed suicide last April.
I have no idea of anything from his personal life, but he didn't seem like the heavy drinking drug abusing rock star type of guy. Just from the two times I saw him perform, I'd be shocked if he drank at all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 1:00 am

Wow. This came as a shock.

Such a great singer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 1:02 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have no idea of anything from his personal life, but he didn't seem like the heavy drinking drug abusing rock star type of guy. Just from the two times I saw him perform, I'd be shocked if he drank at all.

I agree. He looked very healthy.
So what could it be at age 55? That’s not the typical age to die from natural causes. I guess we’ll find out a month or so from now…
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 2:26 am

Here is a somewhat recent interview from last year.

It’s very surreal when the kid asks Mike a question about the Afterlife. Also, Mike explains that they were taking a break from MC so Kurdt could work on his other projects. That means there is probably little chance of any new unfinished songs laying around.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 2:27 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I agree. He looked very healthy.
So what could it be at age 55? That’s not the typical age to die from natural causes. I guess we’ll find out a month or so from now…
No clue what it could possibly be from. I just watched a few interviews and he seemed happy, healthy, balanced, and the subject of drinking came up and him and Kurdt both said they drink very little. This one is a shocker just because of how healthy he looked. And of course his age. I wonder if he had covid maybe? Sad whatever the cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next