Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church

Go down 
+17
manny
mc666
Leatherface
nevermore
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Lari
SideShowDisaSter
Eyesore
Gilbert
Big Rich
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Sword Of The Heretic
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
Here is a somewhat recent interview from last year.

It’s very surreal when the kid asks Mike a question about the Afterlife. Also, Mike explains that they were taking a break from MC so Kurdt could work on his other projects. That means there is probably little chance of any new unfinished songs laying around.

Yup, that was one of the interviews I watched earlier that I mentioned on my last post lol I got chills when he asked that. This is another one I watched and she asked them both about what if one of them died, how would they like to be remembered. Mike didn't really answer it, really kinda crazy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:48 am

I had seen that interview as well! It makes me sad seeing these now as we remember him. He should still be here with us! I never got a chance to see MC with Mike. I only seen them once with Ronny.

And to confirm that Mike was basically a very healthy person, he mentioned (in the interview with the kid) that he was growing vegetables and practiced yoga.

A premature death was so unlikely!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 4:23 am

Yeah I hope it wasn't suicide, just can't see it with how he talked about life. Of course nobody saw Robin Williams offing himself either. But who knows, all I do know is it sucks. It's like, all the assholes in the business live forever, then the good ones that are decent die young.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 am

Listening back to the last two albums he did (including the Vault disc), I think a lot of the new songs are very good. I just had big expectations because I love Blessing In Disguise and The Human Factor so much. “Dead On The Vine” is a great new MC song. It has the same feel as the classic albums with Howe.

I hate when this happens… I sometimes overlook new stuff because of nostalgic standards.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7629

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am

Terrible news. RIP.

Heretic's Breaking Point is one of my all time favorite albums. Mike sounds fantastic on it.

Troublezone, Fat Freddy and Big Rich like this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28614

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 pm

Really sad news.

The self titled Metal Church album (which I actually spun over the weekend) is my favorite Metal Church album, but "Anthem to the Estranged" off of Blessing in Disguise is my favorite Metal Church song.

R.I.P. Mike Howe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 pm

I only have the first four Metal Church albums on CD.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26439

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 7:14 pm

My brother texted me while I was at work last night and told me. I was totally shocked. Very sad news. I did get to see them in 2018 at Prog Power. And got to meet the band as well. Those guys were so incredibly nice! And they killed it live! R.I.P. Mike

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

Heretic's Breaking Point is one of my all time favorite albums. Mike sounds fantastic on it.

This album rules!! I have it playing now.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

Just heard this working out this morning. What a great album!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 11:19 am

Full set from the 2018 ProgPower Festival:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 11:45 am

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

Excellent album. Will give it a spin tomorrow on my way to work.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 2:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

I don't have that one. But now I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

Years ago, i picked up Heretic From The Vault box set on Amazon. I'd recommend this one, if you can find it.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 3:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible news. RIP.

Years ago, i picked up Heretic From The Vault box set on Amazon. I'd recommend this one, if you can find it.

Yes, I got my copy off Ebay years ago (like back in the late 90s/ early 00s). And I highly recommend it as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

I think my copy is a remastered reissue from DiveBomb records. I’ve had it for at least a few years.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 4:13 pm

So, has there been any update about the cause of death?

Big Rich likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 5:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:
So, has there been any update about the cause of death?

Not yet, but Blabbermouth sez this morning that according to the police who responded to his home, drugs and alcohol were not a factor.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Full set from the 2018 ProgPower Festival:

This was the show I got to see! headbanger

Fat Freddy and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19222

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 6:40 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Damn shame. Blessing in Disguise & The Human Factor were my second and third favorite Church albums.

Edit: I wonder if Kurdt will continue MC as well. I Know Billy has said ZZ will continue already.

Last edited by mc666 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 1:46 am

This is the first time since I’ve known of Blabbermouth that there has been three deaths in a row on the headlines. Crazy…

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 E47b3510

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 1:48 am

I have their live Dynamo 1991 concert on Dvd.

Will watch it during the weekend.

Anyone else owns this one? Solid live performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next