Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church

Go down 
+17
manny
mc666
Leatherface
nevermore
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Lari
SideShowDisaSter
Eyesore
Gilbert
Big Rich
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Sword Of The Heretic
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Wasn't even aware they were still around. I'll have too do some YouTube research and check out their newer stuff. I have, Contents, Taste of Freedom, and Truth Hurts on CD, but kinda lost track of them. I love all three of those albums and still put them on once in a while.

Yeah, they were consistently putting out albums throughout the 90’ and 00’s. I also lost track (or interest) during the mid-point of their career for some reason… the band seems to change members every few years like Soulfly. Gary is the only forever guy, because he is Pro-Pain!

I have the last album they put out (Voice of Rebellion) and it’s great! It’s sort of a throwback to the early Contents Under Pressure sound but heavier!

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 6:37 am

Loving Mike's performance on this track:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 pm

Just found about this (I'm starting a job as a postal carrier and it takes up most of my time), shocking and sad (especially since it was a suicide)!

R.I.P.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 8:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Just found about this (I'm starting a job as a postal carrier and it takes up most of my time), shocking and sad (especially since it was a suicide)!

R.I.P.

Hope that job works out for you. Could be tough in the summer heat.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 8:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P.

It is! Especially since I walk most of the time and the trucks have no A/C. Not sure if I can make it, but I sure as hell will try! Thanks BTW, in a few years (maybe even less if I get called up before two years) I will make career and will have more off time (currently and for the foreseeable future I have to work 6 days a week, up to twelve hours a day) and the full benefits of a postal career.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P.

It is! Especially since I walk most of the time and the trucks have no A/C. Not sure if I can make it, but I sure as hell will try! Thanks BTW, in a few years (maybe even less if I get called up before two years) I will make career and will have more off time (currently and for the foreseeable future I have to work 6 days a week, up to twelve hours a day) and the full benefits of a postal career.

Best of luck in your new job DB. We sure miss you on this board.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 1:56 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P.

You can do it. Think positive.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 1:18 am

I have a friend who was A postal carrier.

Man she's always is in great shape!

So think about it. You get paid, Have benefits and your working out at the same time.

Good luck..
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 1:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
Here is a somewhat recent interview from last year.

It’s very surreal when the kid asks Mike a question about the Afterlife. Also, Mike explains that they were taking a break from MC so Kurdt could work on his other projects. That means there is probably little chance of any new unfinished songs laying around.

What a great interview. He seemed like a great guy!

Really sad news.

R.I.P Mike

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 5:12 pm

assault_attack wrote:
I have a friend who was A  postal carrier.

Man she's always  is in great shape!

So think about it. You get paid, Have benefits and your working out at the same time.

Good luck..

Thanks! The exercise thing is certainly one of the positives.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 10:00 am

RatPak Records is now offering a Mike Howe "In Memoriam" photo book (limited to 500 copies) and a memorial tee shirt.

Seems kinda morbid/cheesy to me, but whatever.

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Captur12

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 11:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
RatPak Records is now offering a Mike Howe "In Memoriam" photo book (limited to 500 copies) and a memorial tee shirt.

Seems kinda morbid/cheesy to me, but whatever.  

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Captur12

Seems like a cash grab to me. I don’t want to think of his death…
I have his albums and that is the way I will remember him. Plus the price is kinda high for a picture booklet. I guess it has something to do with the limited copies printed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 11:27 am

If the proceeds went to a charity of some type, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. I'll just stick to honoring his memory through his music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 12:04 pm

007 wrote:
If the proceeds went to a charity of some type, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. I'll just stick to honoring his memory through his music.

I didn’t read anything about the money going to charity. If that was the case, I would think better of it. Maybe Metal Church had another album in their contract and the label is trying to get what they can…
Mike Howe’s return was a big selling point for them. They had a bunch of shirts with his name printed when he reunited with MC. I was a big fan of his… so I can’t fault anyone that wants the merch. I just think it’s overpriced, and like Freddy said (a bit morbid).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 1:24 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
At least we got two extra albums with Mike Howe.
And I don't own those! I have stuff to discover!

Their 2016 release, XI is a top 3 album of their's for me.

I've looooong been fan of old Metal Church (the first 4 albums), but only just now I purchased the Mike Howe reunion era CDs: XI, Damned if You Do and From the Vault.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2022 11:22 am

Was watching “ Darcy six strings “ YouTube station. Cool Canadian guy.
He had a Mike Howe picture disc that he recently purchased. Only 300 made.
That sent me off. That HERETIC song blasted ! Never heard of them.
Then I read all the comments here. The Elliot interview.
As for METAL CHURCH getting a new singer…..I hope he’s not superstitious.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2024 6:18 pm

Rat Pak Records continues to milk the late Mike Howe's legacy with yet another live Metal Church release, this time from Japan 2019...

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMifQ%3D%3D

https://www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/metal-church

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church   R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Mike Howe of Metal Church
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5