Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+35
Lurideath
exact33
stpatrik
tohostudios
candlemass
nevermore
zlogdan
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Runicen
glassprison
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
DevZor
Thrasher73
James B.
Eyesore
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
assault_attack
thejokeriv
Wayne
Wurthless
corplhicks
bgsully
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
chewie
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 8:51 am

I was listening to the S/T the other day in the car. Not bad. I think "Condition Human" is a bit better, though I always have the feeling that this is what they should have been sounding like in the 2000's instead of the boring shit they put out on Tribe, Soldier, and Chaos.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am

I also like "Dark Reverie" on first listen. I'm finally starting to warm up to this era of Queensryche. I will probably go see them with Fates Warning open in March.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 am

the sentinel wrote:
I was listening to the S/T the other day in the car. Not bad. I think "Condition Human" is a bit better, though I always have the feeling that this is what they should have been sounding like in the 2000's instead of the boring shit they put out on Tribe, Soldier, and Chaos.

The self-titled is very good, but Condition Human is better. The songs are just stronger, more cohesive. And of course it's not brickwalled, so it's sounds better.

But yeah, both are solid albums, way better than anything from Tribe on.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I need to get their S/T album. No clue why i have been delaying purchasing this one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 pm

glassprison wrote:
I also like "Dark Reverie" on first listen. I'm finally starting to warm up to this era of Queensryche. I will probably go see them with Fates Warning open in March.

Yeah. I gotta get off my ass and get some tix to the Worcester show at the DCU before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I hope nobody here has pre-ordered the new Queensryche thru Pledge Music, cuz they're in a world of shit right now and it looks like almost all of the current Pledge projects are being cancelled.

Queensryche posted these two messages on their FB this morning:

Quote :
Dear Pledgers,
It is with collective heavy hearts that we are writing to inform you that we have all been bamboozled by the people at Pledge Music. The platform informed some people that they were having money troubles, but we have now also been informed that they do NOT have the monies that were pledged to Queensryche. This means that manufacturing nor shipments can be fulfilled.

We have been lied to for months and months by various people at Pledge and have now turned this entire mess over to our attorneys. As a Pledger, please get to your credit card company NOW and DEMAND a refund.

We are not alone in this matter, as it has been publicly made aware that many other artists have been affected as well.

We are truly sorry for this and any inconvenience this causes, but please do understand this is all out of our control, and as we said before, the Pledge folks lied and lied while they mismanaged the monies of the company.
~ Queensryche

Quote :
There seems to be some confusion about our post this morning regarding Pledge Music. Nothing that was ordered will be fulfilled. Pledge does not have the money that was pledged to them, thus there is no money for manufacturing costs and we are out $70,000.00. Pledge is no longer taking any campaign pledges for any band whatsoever and they are not responding to us. Apparently they have money problems. PLEASE REQUEST A REFUND FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. If you are having problems with your credit card company you can contact Pledge Music lawyer Bob Lapowsky at Stevens & Lee. His email is rl@steveslee.com and his phone is 215-751-2866.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 2:55 pm

More info about PledgeMusic's financial woes...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8497348/pledgemusic-music-crowdfunding-industry-artist-campaigns-regulation

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Reaffirms why I don't do crowdfunding.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Reaffirms why I don't do crowdfunding.

It's fine and dandy when it works if that's your thing, but something like this could really damage the trust folks have in the system. Someone at PlegeMusic knows where that money is.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

From the article MG linked, it sounds like Pledge was using the classic pyramid scam setup.

Quote :
But a former employee who asked to remain anonymous says the company doesn't hold funds "on account for the artist," as the website's terms and conditions say. Instead, the ex-employee alleges, PledgeMusic uses that money for ongoing operations and invests it in growing the company.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Wow, that's really terrible...

I did finally buy a ticket to see them with Fates Warning next month. I prefer to support bands by going to their shows and buying merch rather than through these sketchy fundraiser campaigns.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Anyone know what's happening with this? Is the album still coming out on March 1st? The band just released a new song, "Blood of the Levant," which sounds fantastic.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 7:54 pm

glassprison wrote:
Anyone know what's happening with this? Is the album still coming out on March 1st? The band just released a new song, "Blood of the Levant," which sounds fantastic.

I dig the song, but is the first Todd-ryche song that I felt didn't really have any connection to any era of the band. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Todd wrote the whole song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 8:54 pm

I was in my local shop earlier this afternoon and she mentioned something about Pledgemusic, but didn't elaborate. This sucks. But, like Dark Horseman said, it reaffirms why I don't do crowd funding or kickstarters either.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Song has a heavier power metal kind of sound along the lines of maybe older Kamelot.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 am

I couldn't listen to the song. Says the video is unavailable.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I dig the song, but is the first Todd-ryche song that I felt didn't really have any connection to any era of the band. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Todd wrote the whole song.

Anything written by Todd and that black nail polish wearing guitarist has no connection to any era of the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm

"Blood of the" what now? What the hell is a "Levant?"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Blood of the" what now? What the hell is a "Levant?"

Levant

: to run away from a debt

-OR-

: the countries bordering on the eastern Mediterranean Sea —often thought of as extending from Greece to Egypt

Take your pick Razz

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Todd-Ryche is boring.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Anything written by Todd and that black nail polish wearing guitarist has no connection to any era of the band.

You know what I'm talking about. Haha. Musical similarities.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 am

Honestly, I think that track is badass. If that's Todd's work, dude's got craft.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 am

corplhicks wrote:
Honestly, I think that track is badass. If that's Todd's work, dude's got craft.

He can write a good tune. Before joining QR, he had a bunch of originals on his YouTube channel. Many of them kicked ass. He took them down when he joined the band, though, which I always assumed was because the band used bits of them or maybe entire songs. I never listened enough to be able to recognize them, though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 9:15 am

That Crimson Glory song he did with them was easily one of the worst songs they've ever done, and he was so proud of it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
That Crimson Glory song he did with them was easily one of the worst songs they've ever done, and he was so proud of it.

Must be awful to have so much hate in your heart. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next