Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+35
Lurideath
exact33
stpatrik
tohostudios
candlemass
nevermore
zlogdan
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Runicen
glassprison
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
DevZor
Thrasher73
James B.
Eyesore
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
assault_attack
thejokeriv
Wayne
Wurthless
corplhicks
bgsully
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
chewie
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
They probably still owe Geoff money for the name.

Yeah, good point. I forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm always amazed when other musicians are so damn hard on bands. They are not a tribute band at all. Yeah, you don't like the new stuff, it's not as good as the stuff they put out when you were younger. How many bands are doing that? Honestly.

You're not young anymore. Bands aren't blowing you away in the same manner and they never will. That's life. Even if a band does really impress you with an album, it's not even remotely the same as when that happened in your teens.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And I still say Tate is a better singer than LaTorre...because singing isn't all about high notes.

Especially when it comes to writing new songs!  

I also think Tate's live singing these days is better than he has been given credit for.  I've heard some good post-breakup performances.  People's distaste for him personally colors their perception.

Tate on his own can't write good songs either though.  Never has been able to.

LaTorre will never be as good as Tate was in his prime, but he's far better now. And he's more dynamic than Tate ever was.

I do agree, though, that Tate's performances as of late have been better than in recent years, but he still struggles a lot.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 9:44 pm

I saw Queensrÿche when they were touring off Condition Human and they certainly played more than one song off that album. They played four new songs that night, from the sixteen that were on the set list. If my math serves me correctly, that would be at a 25% clip. That's pretty good, so I'm not sure why we're playing revisionist history here. In 2018, yeah they're probably going to do what is pretty standard in the industry, go back deeper into the catalog.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queensryche/2016/culture-room-fort-lauderdale-fl-43fb9bc3.html
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I saw them in 2016 and it was a new song or two and nothing else beyond Rage for Order. When I saw them in 2017, I was surprised how much of Mindcrime they played and even songs off Promised Land and Q2k. In my mind, they seem to be trending in the direction of mixing it up a bit. Whatever songs they choose is fine with me as long as they are done justice.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am

Eyesore wrote:

LaTorre will never be as good as Tate was in his prime, but he's far better now. And he's more dynamic than Tate ever was.

LaTorre is losing range, like anyone else would between aging and hitting (or trying to hit) that QOTR high note every night. Early on, he was singing it...lately, from what I've seen, he's been screaming it, pretty soon, it'll be gone. He is nowhere close to Tate in terms of dynamics and delivery...not by miles.

I think people want to call them a "tribute" band because most of the songs they're playing were not written by anyone currently in the band. But, many bands have members who never write a note (like Eddie Jackson) but were there and played on the original/iconic records.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 1:13 pm

There were many QR-ish albums from the past that are well worth your time and FAR better than anything this new crew will ever release:

Lethal - Programmed
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Sacred Warrior - Master's Command, Obsessions
En Force - The Final Sign
Power of Omens - Eyes of the Oracle (primarily because the singer is a Tate clone)
etc.
Recon - Behind Enemy Lines
Mystic-Force - Man vs. Machine
Screamer - Target: Earth
Fates Warning - Perfect Symmetry, Parallels
etc.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And he's more dynamic than Tate ever was.

?

What does this mean?

LaTorre at his best is a shadow of what Tate once was, live or in the studio.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
LaTorre is losing range, like anyone else would between aging and hitting (or trying to hit) that QOTR high note every night. Early on, he was singing it...lately, from what I've seen, he's been screaming it, pretty soon, it'll be gone. He is nowhere close to Tate in terms of dynamics and delivery...not by miles.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote :
I think people want to call them a "tribute" band because most of the songs they're playing were not written by anyone currently in the band. But, many bands have members who never write a note (like Eddie Jackson) but were there and played on the original/iconic records.

Right, and losing Rockenfeld (who had a unique style that was an important part of their sound) is a big problem for a band who already was on very shaky ground. It would be easier to replace Eddie Jackson than anyone else IMHO. The least important members have stuck around, while the most important ones are gone!
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Quote :

Right, and losing Rockenfeld (who had a unique style that was an important part of their sound) is a big problem for a band who already was on very shaky ground.  It would be easier to replace Eddie Jackson than anyone else IMHO.  The least important members have stuck around, while the most important ones are gone!

Rockenfeld left?? Sad affraid
I am a big fan of Eddie Jackson though.
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm

zlogdan wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Quote :

Right, and losing Rockenfeld (who had a unique style that was an important part of their sound) is a big problem for a band who already was on very shaky ground.  It would be easier to replace Eddie Jackson than anyone else IMHO.  The least important members have stuck around, while the most important ones are gone!

Rockenfeld left?? Sad affraid
I am a big fan of Eddie Jackson though.

I didn't know Rockenfeld left either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Quote :
Rockenfeld left??

Officially, Rockenfeld is still on "paternity leave" to be home with his newborn son.

However, his "temporary" replacement, Casey Grillo of Kamelot (who has been filling in since April of '17) just announced that he was leaving Kamelot ... which leads one to believe that his stint in QR may become permanent.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Officially, Rockenfeld is still on "paternity leave" to be home with his newborn son.

However, his "temporary" replacement, Casey Grillo of Kamelot, just announced that he was leaving Kamelot ... which leads one to believe that his stint in QR may become permanent.

Yes, and we've seen this play out before, as others have said. It seems unlikely he will return.

The longer they can put off this announcement, the better for their career. Maybe he will at least record drums for their future albums and let someone else tour for them. I think that would be best for the band. It wouldn't hurt if they could wrestle a new tune or three from DeGarmo either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Quote :
Yes, and we've seen this play out before, as others have said. It seems unlikely he will return.

Indeed. In fact, I probably should have put quotes around the word "Officially" in my previous post, haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

?

What does this mean?

More dynamic. Meaning he can do more with his voice, he's more versatile.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Quote :

I disagree that LaTorre is losing his range; I think he's actually doing a better job than he did early on, when he was clearly trying to mimic Tate a lot. I think what he does now simply suits his abilities better.

I do agree that losing Rockenfield would be a problem, on a certain level anyway. Not insurmountable, of course, as Casey is a solid drummer. But Rockefield has such a unique style of playing it will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

?

What does this mean?

More dynamic. Meaning he can do more with his voice, he's more versatile.

I call complete and total bull-f'n-shit. lol!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 am

He can do more now then Tate can but i'd never say he's better then Tate ever was. And listening to some new recordings of Tate live is almost painful.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
He can do more now then Tate can but i'd never say he's better then Tate ever was. And listening to some new recordings of Tate live is almost painful.

Tate sounds fantastic on the new Avantasia...and with Avantasia live.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I call complete and total bull-f'n-shit. lol!

hahaha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Indeed. In fact, I probably should have put quotes around the word "Officially" in my previous post, haha

I guess someone in Queensryche has been reading our thread Razz

Quote :
In response to online chatter regarding Scott's status in QUEENSRŸCHE, the drummer's bandmates released a statement earlier today in which they reiterated that "he has not quit" the group. "He told us he's taking time off and we have no timeframe on when he will return," they said. "We thought he would take few months off. Obviously, he doesn't want to tour right now. There is nothing more we can say about it and we can't be more honest about it than that."

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I guess someone in Queensryche has been reading our thread Razz

Quote :
In response to online chatter regarding Scott's status in QUEENSRŸCHE, the drummer's bandmates released a statement earlier today in which they reiterated that "he has not quit" the group. "He told us he's taking time off and we have no timeframe on when he will return," they said. "We thought he would take few months off. Obviously, he doesn't want to tour right now. There is nothing more we can say about it and we can't be more honest about it than that."

In other words, "He's not officially out yet...we're still ironing out all the legal details."

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 am

Gotta admit Geoff sounds pretty good in that video. Not going to get his albums though, not enough interesting songs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Gotta admit Geoff sounds pretty good in that video. Not going to get his albums though, not enough interesting songs.

Yeah, he has definitely improved live in the last few years. I don't know if he's gone back to practicing, taken new lessons to accommodate for aging, etc...but he has improved.

I actually heard a few songs on those O:M albums that were good...but there were several that were ugh.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next