Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"

Go down 
+32
ShadowAngel
mc666
muckie
metalinmyveins
chewie
tohostudios
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Runicen
akeldama
James B.
Addy
BubbaTwoSix
corplhicks
Gilbert
Vexer6
666_Evil_666
Hadley
Required Fields
glassprison
thejokeriv
nevermore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Glower
MetalGuy71
Lari
manny
MoonChild
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Thank you sweet Lord. Brian is back! Now we need a new album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 2:44 pm

You guys have terrible reading comprehension skills. If you bothered to read more than just an arguably misleading headline, you would see that Brian Johnson has found a solution to his hearing issue. That's it.

Quote :
AC/DC singer Brian Johnson reports that he’s ready to go back onstage after testing a new in-ear monitor that delivers louder and better sound while minimizing the risk of hearing damage.

Quote :
The only question is will AC/DC will work again with Johnson now that they’ve begun performing with Axl Rose.

Quote :
There’s a big chance that Johnson and the band will work again. That way, AC/DC will back on its solid feet again.

Nowhere does it say that he's back. GuitarZoom is making a misleading speculation. There's a "big chance" that he could return, sure, but there is no confirmation from Brian or Angus or anyone that he's back in the band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 2:50 pm

The band ruined it all......................... yes ALL their reputation! @!#$%$@#$@#%!#%!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 pm

MoonChild wrote:

The band ruined it all......................... yes ALL their reputation! @!#$%$@#$@#%!#%!

Actually, if anyone ruined it all it was Brian Johnson for not being responsible with his hearing.

And Axl sounds pretty damn good, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:35 pm

I've seen several of the Axl-fronted AC/DC songs and I have to say this seems like the worst one to me. I thought the other ones were at least passable but this one sounds pretty bad IMO.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 11:02 pm

MoonChild wrote:

Their reputation is absolutely 100% cast in stone untouchable dude! I also agree that it isn't that bad, Axl just isn't the right fit. It's nowhere near as bad as this mess

and they came back pretty well from that
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 3:41 am

I wish Boris, I wish, being an AC/DC slave........ i wish.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 10:14 am

MoonChild wrote:

Especially with this song........ good god it blows!!!! (I was never a fan of this crappy tune)
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 11:56 am

chewie wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

Especially with this song........ good god it blows!!!! (I was never a fan of this crappy tune)

Sorry to say, with all due respect, if this crap sounded better than the original - may need to rethink on the quality of choices of song listening.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 4:57 pm

MoonChild wrote:
chewie wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

Sorry to say, with all due respect, if this crap sounded better than the original - may need to rethink on  the quality of choices of song listening.

From what I have heard, Axl sounds good on the Bon Scott tunes. I just personally have no use for AC/DC after Who Made Who and only like Flick Of The Switch as a complete Brian Johnson era album(I think its better than both B&B and FTATR). If they did a concert with all Bon Scott material that would pique my interest(unless it was too expensive to go to Smile  )!

I would love if they left Thunderbutt out of the setlist and off of the airwaves.....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:21 pm

I agree, Axl does sound a lot better on the Bon Scott tunes. I still think the band could have chosen from at least a dozen other vocalists who would have fit better but I also still think the Axl-fronted band isn't the total trainwreck I thought it would be.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:25 pm

I was just thinking...Bon probably couldn't even sing Brian's catalogue...
Bon was tougher...and had tougher lyrics.
Sometimes I wonder if Brian wrote much of the lyrics...
They could of picked a way better front man - and unknown....but rowdy also.
It would of been more interesting to follow and read about...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:31 pm

chewie wrote:
I just personally have no use for AC/DC after Who Made Who and only like Flick Of The Switch as a complete Brian Johnson era album(I think its better than both B&B and FTATR). If they did a concert with all Bon Scott material that would pique my interest(unless it was too expensive to go to Smile  )!

I would love if they left Thunderbutt out of the setlist and off of the airwaves.....

I agree with most of that (I probably still prefer Back in Black to Flick of the Switch but other than that I think you are spot on)

I could never deny the influence this band had on me in my formative music listening years and the stuff from that era is brilliant but I don't care about them now and #i haven't for about 30 years, the last album I bought was Fly on the Wall and it's likely to stay that way.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 8:54 pm

I was one of the folks who expected a complete trainwreck when it came to Axl fronting AC/DC, but it is not that bad. Axl is no Brian Johnson or Bon Scott, but not many vocalist could sing like those two men could sing on a nightly basis.

Mutt Lange was amazed Bon Scott could sing at full power like that at will, and he was amazed by Brian Johnson who is a different type of singer then Bon, who could sing with such power and even higher range then Bon could hit.

Axl was much more influenced by Bon then Brian, you could hear that in the way he sings the tunes, maybe why he is more comfortable with Bon Scott material.

I am a huge AC/DC fan, first band I ever loved as a kid, and I still love them. Axl is even a tougher spot then Brian Johnson or Ronnie James Dio where in when they replaced frontman in AC/DC and Black Sabbath, he is replacing two iconic frontmen.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:20 am

The greatest thing to come out of this Axl Rose experiment has been the set list. To be honest, I haven't had any interest in seeing AC/DC play for a long time and that's because their set lists are so damn predictable and they "NEVER" venture outside the box. With Axl, they played "Rock n Roll Damnation" consistently, "Riff Raff", "If You Want Blood, You've Got It", "Touch Too Much", "Dog Eat Dog", etc...

If Brian comes back to the band, the band needs to get a clue! These guys aren't spring chickens anymore, so I could care less about hearing and seeing the same ole songs that they've been playing for the last 30 years. Seriously, play "Spellbound", "Bedlam in Belgium", "Sink the Pink" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:25 am

Quote :
They could of picked a way better front man - and unknown....but rowdy also.

An "unknown" wouldn't have sold tickets. Having Axl Rose take over, even temporarily, turned what could've been a debacle of half-empty arenas into a series of sellout, "Holy sh*t, I gotta see this" events.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:40 am

It's pretty messed up when you spend your whole years doing music and lose your hearing in the process or end up with tinnitus (the ringing in the ears). I could've sworn I've diminished my hearing a few times over the years by blaring certain songs (sometimes the damn recordings are just not LOUD enough!) but I've been blessed enough to maintain the majority of it, thank God.

That being said, my sister has a good friend who is a big AC/DC lover. I am not too familiar with the band outside of their major hits because I'm a casual listener but it's interesting to learn about them as usual.

Hopefully, AC/DC is better live than Ratt. I wasn't too impressed with the Ratt live concerts I've seen on YouTube. The live album for Arcade (A/3, the Pearcy group) was terrible. I thought it was funny when he performed Mother Blues live and tried to get everyone to sing. Nobody cared, so he just yells "F*ck you!" and goes on like normal. Very sloppy performance, but obviously real.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

Actually, if anyone ruined it all it was Brian Johnson for not being responsible with his hearing.

And Axl sounds pretty damn good, all things considered.

Ive heard nothing but positive things with Axl fronting AC/DC for this tour, ive read he's been pleasent , on time and nailing it. I think his mindset is more like a fanboy fulfilling his ultimate fanboy dream. Which I think any of us in a heartbeat would love to do for our favorite band. Kudos to Axl for offering to help the band during this time.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 12:40 am

After this tour Cliff is leaving too. He says it's a "changed animal".
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 3:36 am

akeldama wrote:

Ironically - sad but true.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 7:17 am

Surely Angus can't limp on with a tribute band? Let it go man, the band was great but it's gone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 7:19 am

I hate to say it but it's clearly time to hang it up, Angus....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am

akeldama wrote:

I read hes gonna retire.... that leaves Angus as the last original member right?

Time to call it a day
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:12 am

Cliff Williams quits AC / DC !
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:48 am

Glower wrote:
Cliff Williams quits AC / DC !

It is high time they hang the boots for good............... really. A sad end for a legendary band!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next