Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?

Go down 
+6
nevermore
GrandNational
mc666
Troublezone
James B.
10 posters

Vocalist
Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_lcap10%Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Drummer
Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_lcap10%Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Guitar Player(s
 10% [ 1 ]
Bass Player
Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_lcap0%Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Song Writer
Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_lcap70%Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Lyricist
Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_lcap0%Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Producer
 0% [ 0 ]
Label
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Empty
PostSubject: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Really interested in hearing the replies.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 7:46 pm

I’m assuming the vocalist. The voice is a very delicate and finicky instrument. It can give out easily with death metal. Not to mention, not everyone has a cool voice. To find a guy like Bret Hoffmann (R.I.P.) from Malevolent Creation that had style and character to his voice isn’t easy. Most death metal voices are cookie cutter crap.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 8:29 pm

I'd say the song writer is key for any band of any genre. Anything else could be changed out. Take Morbid Angel for example... Every person in that band has been replaced other than Trey & they've not altered their sound that much. They even added other guitarists here & there, but Trey has always written the bulk of the material.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 8:43 pm

Songwriting only matters if the band is worth a damn to begin with. If a band has a legacy and a big cult following like Cannibal Corpse, they need a guy like Alex Webster to keep things consistent. If they lost him, it would be noticeable. Unfortunately most bands are garage level amateurs.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 10:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
I'd say the song writer is key for any band of any genre. Anything else could be changed out. Take Morbid Angel for example... Every person in that band has been replaced other than Trey & they've not altered their sound that much. They even added other guitarists here & there, but Trey has always written the bulk of the material.

Would you say Illud Divinum Insanus and have much in common with Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick, and Covenant?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Would you say Illud Divinum Insanus and have much in common with Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick, and Covenant?

Parts of it, yes very much so. I'd say half of the album is very much classic MA. The other half sounds too White Zombie influenced. Songs like Radikult, Too Extreme, etc. Trey has thrown in experimental songs since the second album, only this time it bombed. They basically followed a Celtic Frost path, perhaps to a lesser extreme.

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 4:00 pm

I would think whoever is the main songwriter would be the worst loss.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 4:06 pm

The song writer would be the key loss for a band.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 10:31 pm

nevermore wrote:
I would think whoever is the main songwriter would be the worst loss.

Same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 9:24 am

The answer is songwriter for any genre.

mc666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 6:30 pm

I would say songwriter.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 12:17 am

At face value, songwriter. Though circumstances could make it otherwise?

For example, they could get a better one after the fact?

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 7:51 am

One of the options should have been "hair"
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 9:11 am

Lari wrote:
One of the options should have been "hair"

Laughing very hard  Awesome  Laughing very hard

For the older bands, let's add the little pill for ED

PostSubject: Re: Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome?   Which Loss Is Harder For A Death Metal Band To Overcome? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1