Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"

Go down 
+32
ShadowAngel
mc666
muckie
metalinmyveins
chewie
tohostudios
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Runicen
akeldama
James B.
Addy
BubbaTwoSix
corplhicks
Gilbert
Vexer6
666_Evil_666
Hadley
Required Fields
glassprison
thejokeriv
nevermore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Glower
MetalGuy71
Lari
manny
MoonChild
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Surely Angus can't limp on with a tribute band? Let it go man, the band was great but it's gone.

True. Better to end it all on a high note.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Addy wrote:
akeldama wrote:
After this tour Cliff is leaving too. He says it's a "changed animal".

I read hes gonna retire.... that leaves Angus as the last original member right?

Time to call it a day

I don't think Cliff is an original member...... Let me look....... Mark Evans was the original Bassist from High Voltage thru Let There Be Rock.

Malcolm was the last original member to exit the band.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 4:37 pm

chewie wrote:

I don't think Cliff is an original member...... Let me look....... Mark Evans was the original Bassist from High Voltage thru Let There Be Rock.

Malcolm was the last original member to exit the band.

Angus & Malcolm were in fact the only original members to make it to the first album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 4:33 am

Gilbert wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Surely Angus can't limp on with a tribute band? Let it go man, the band was great but it's gone.

True. Better to end it all on a high note.

I don't get why people say this crap all the time. How about someone comes along and tells you to quit doing something you love, how would you like that?

I think if Angus wants to carry on with new members, he's earned that right ten times over.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 am

I'd like to see a band continue their legacy with no original members. Like a sports team.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:05 am

Consider Van Halen with Gary Cherone....not good.
Here in Boston Red Sox land, David Ortiz is retiring....and he's doing it on top !
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:34 am

Glower wrote:
Here in Boston Red Sox land, David Ortiz is retiring....and he's doing it on top !
/I thought Cherone was a great vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

Lari wrote:
I'd like to see a band continue their legacy with no original members. Like a sports team.
We're seeing that now with Riot, after Mark Reale died, the band renamed themselves Riot V. Not having original members is not always a bad thing. Hell, Tygers of Pan Tang hasn't had any original band members for decades now.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:41 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:
We're seeing that now with Riot, after Mark Reale died, the band renamed themselves Riot V.  Not having original members is not always a bad thing.  Hell, Tygers of Pan Tang hasn't had any original band members for decades now.

Napalm Death has kept going with no original members either.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:
 Hell, Tygers of Pan Tang hasn't had any original band members for decades now.

That's incorrect. Robb Weir has been with Tygers of Pan Tang since 1978 when they originally formed.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:

That's incorrect.  Robb Weir has been with Tygers of Pan Tang since 1978 when they originally formed.
The band was without original members for quite a while though(Weir left the band in 1983 and didn't return until 1999)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:

That's incorrect.  Robb Weir has been with Tygers of Pan Tang since 1978 when they originally formed.
The band was without original members for quite a while though(Weir left the band in 1983 and didn't return until 1999)

That's not true either. The original drummer - Brian Dick - was in the band during the period 1985-1987 when Weir left. The band ceased to exist at that point until Weir reformed it in 1999.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Don't argue with Witchy. He's our resident NWOBHM expert. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Don't argue with Witchy. He's our resident NWOBHM expert. Very Happy

Somebody's got to know this worthless, esoteric nonsense! Right? No? I've wasted my whole life! Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 5:24 pm

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Glower wrote:

Because athletes begin to suck with age. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Glower wrote:

So do singers (see Geoff Tate) LOL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I don't get why people say this crap all the time. How about someone comes along and tells you to quit doing something you love, how would you like that?

I don't think anybody tells Angus to stop making music, just stop using the name AC/DC with everybody gone.
The main reason of course is "it destroys the legacy of the band", that's debatable.
The reason i see why it sucks is what got proven countless times by now: Some musician takes a famous name and turns it into a cash grab. Axl's Fake Guns n' Roses from 2000 to 2015 is a good example, so was Rod Evans hiring musicians and touring under the name Deep Purple in the early 80's. The tickets were insanely overpriced simply there was a big name attached to it and the same will happen here. AC/DC fetches more interest from casuals and mainstream people and Angus could charge 3x the ticket prices he could do for "The Angus Young Band" and it's basically ripping-off people with a band that has nothing to do with the original band, it's a fake. Like the multiple L.A. Guns or Electric Light Orchestras that exist or existed.

Eyesore wrote:

And musicians don't?
What about singers losing their voice, unable to hit high notes, sometimes to the point where they are simply unable to sing their old songs (take Ian Gillan and Child in Time)? That happens all the time, some lose their voice already at 45, some 10 years later but it hits all of them. Even Ronnie James Dio lost more and more of his once powerful voice the older he got.

The same can happen to instrumental musicians, let them start to suffer from typical old age ailments like arthritis, chronic back pain, chronic arm/leg pain and their playing will suffer. Rush didn't look all that fresh on their final tour with Lifeson suffering from arthritis and Peart simply looking done. Ritchie Blackmore sounded just weak and old on those "Rainbow" concerts last month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:23 am

I loved Deep Purple's 80s albums, I fail to see how AC/DC only having one original band member left makes it a "fake", that is not what that word means.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Angus hasn't decided what to do after this tour...

Quote :
AC/DC guitarist Angus Young says that he hasn't made a decision yet regarding the band's future after the "Rock Or Bust" tour ends.

AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams recently revealed that he will retire from recording and touring after finishing out the band's current world trek. Williams' decision follows a string of personnel changes for the group that started with co-founding guitarist Malcolm Young's departure in 2014 after he was diagnosed with dementia. Last year, drummer Phil Rudd was sentenced to house arrest after he was found guilty on a drug charge, while earlier this year singer Brian Johnson was forced to step down or face the loss of his hearing.

Asked by Rolling Stone in a new interview if he thinks Cliff's decision to retire is related to Brian leaving, Angus said: "Cliff made it known before we'd even started touring — this would be his last. Besides myself, Cliff has been there the longest, since 1977. Cliff and Brian are in the same age bracket. They like to go out, hit the pubs. They had the bond."

Regarding whether he has thought his own future after the tour ends, Angus said: "At this point, I don't know. We were committed to finishing the tour. Who knows what I'll feel after? When you sign on and say, 'I'm gonna do this and that,' it's always good to say at the end of it, 'I've done all I said I would do.'

"That was always the idea, especially when we were younger — me, Malcolm, Bon. You had to show up and be on time. You'd be playing in a pub in the afternoon. Then late at night, you'd be playing a club. You got into that habit: 'If we don't play, we don't eat.'"

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Al Atkins / Ernie Chataway (John Perry) / Bruno Stapenhill / John Partridge

The first Judas Priest line up. They haven't had an original member since Rob replaced Al Atkins.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 6:24 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]Angus hasn't decided what to do after this tour...

Quote :
AC/DC guitarist Angus Young says that he hasn't made a decision yet regarding the band's future after the "Rock Or Bust" tour ends.

AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams recently revealed that he will retire from recording and touring after finishing out the band's current world trek. Williams' decision follows a string of personnel changes for the group that started with co-founding guitarist Malcolm Young's departure in 2014 after he was diagnosed with dementia. Last year, drummer Phil Rudd was sentenced to house arrest after he was found guilty on a drug charge, while earlier this year singer Brian Johnson was forced to step down or face the loss of his hearing.

Asked by Rolling Stone in a new interview if he thinks Cliff's decision to retire is related to Brian leaving, Angus said: "Cliff made it known before we'd even started touring — this would be his last. Besides myself, Cliff has been there the longest, since 1977. Cliff and Brian are in the same age bracket. They like to go out, hit the pubs. They had the bond."

Regarding whether he has thought his own future after the tour ends, Angus said: "At this point, I don't know. We were committed to finishing the tour. Who knows what I'll feel after? When you sign on and say, 'I'm gonna do this and that,' it's always good to say at the end of it, 'I've done all I said I would do.'

"That was always the idea, especially when we were younger — me, Malcolm, Bon. You had to show up and be on time. You'd be playing in a pub in the afternoon. Then late at night, you'd be playing a club. You got into that habit: 'If we don't play, we don't eat.'"

I say keep it going if he so chooses. If he has the creative juices still flowing and wants to keep new music going, more power to him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:11 am

I'm kinda torn on the subject. Clearly Angus isn't ready to pack it in, so if he wants to continue playing live and making music, more power to him. He's been doing it since he was a teen. He wouldn't know what else to do. As AC/DC though? Eh. I dunno.

Maybe put out a blues/cover album? Aside from being a master of 3-chord rock, anyone that's seen them live knows Angus is a hell of a blues player during the extended version of 'The Jack'.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Just to think outside the box a bit, what if Brian can't come back and Angus does some shows with some hand picked hired backing musicians and a "name" vocalist? Play some new originals or blues covers and some AC/DC tunes. Do a few short "legs" around the world. Just my 2 pennies.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 pm

I do not blame him to want to continue, but I cannot imagine him wanting to continue to record with the AC/DC name without his brother, touring is one thing, but Malcolm and him have written all these classic tunes together, so he might close down the shop.

Of course it seems like he enjoys playing and maybe with Axl he feels a creative resurgence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next