Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"

Go down 
+32
ShadowAngel
mc666
muckie
metalinmyveins
chewie
tohostudios
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Runicen
akeldama
James B.
Addy
BubbaTwoSix
corplhicks
Gilbert
Vexer6
666_Evil_666
Hadley
Required Fields
glassprison
thejokeriv
nevermore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Glower
MetalGuy71
Lari
manny
MoonChild
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:14 am

I'd love for them to release a live album with Axl.

I've never seen AC/DC, and am not too concerned about that fact. Woulda been cool an' all, but you know.

I doubt I will, but I really, really want to see them with Axl. That just seems awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I'd love for them to release a live album with Axl.

I've never seen AC/DC, and am not too concerned about that fact. Woulda been cool an' all, but you know.

I doubt I will, but I really, really want to see them with Axl. That just seems awesome.

I haven't heard any talk of a live release, but if they were smart, the band should be recording some of these shows for posterity and historical purposes.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 am

The Axl-led AC/DC tour is back on schedule, making-up for the cancelled gigs earlier in the year. The other night, they broke out 'Live Wire', which according to reports, hasn't been played live by the band since 1982.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:11 pm

According to Angus its official...AC/DC will continue after the tour..The permanent lineup will be Axel on vocals, Angus and Stevie young on guitar with "hired" musicians on bass and drums...

http://sleazeroxx.com/angus-young-to-reportedly-continue-acdc-with-axl-rose-and-stevie-young/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Hmm, that sounds a little sketchy to me. This is coming from a Brazilian guy's Twitter account? Although I gotta say, new material with Axl on vocals does sound enticing!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 5:41 pm

If true, it could be interesting. Or not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:40 am

If you can't trust a random Brazilian guy's Twitter, who can you trust? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:48 am

007 wrote:
If true, it could be interesting. Or not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah if only I can get into Axl vocals (outside of GnR). Not a wise move from the band, but who knows! Cookie!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 am

Looks like AC/DC might be recording a new album with Johnson on vocals and Rudd on drums.

https://www.straight.com/music/1113406/acdc-rumour-update-photo-shows-phil-rudd-and-brian-johnson-vancouver

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Img_9056
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 am

Well this is interesting news. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:32 am

Pfft. I'm still holding out hope for Axl. crazy happy

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 10:59 am

At this point, I'd rather have Axl sing! Brian's voice is weak and his hearing is shot. There's a reason they dismissed him on the last tour...
I guess Angus thinks that having as many familiar faces as possible involved will satisfy their fickle fans. The band probably has only a couple more albums left in them, so I think it would be a better choice to take the vocals to another level with Axl.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 am

Even if they can't tour due to Brian's hearing issues, it would be nice for the band to do a final album in Malcolm's honor. I'm sure there must be enough tapes of Mal's unused song ideas and bits 'n pieces in the Young family vault to make one last record out of.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
At this point, I'd rather have Axl sing! Brian's voice is weak and his hearing is shot. There's a reason they dismissed him on the last tour...
I guess Angus thinks that having as many familiar faces as possible involved will satisfy their fickle fans. The band probably has only a couple more albums left in them, so I think it would be a better choice to take the vocals to another level with Axl.

I just think at this point with Axl proving himself capable on tour and being a marquee name, a new album with him on vocals would be at least interesting, even if it's in a train wreck sort of way. Not to slag on Brian, but a new album with him will be met with the same "meh" attitude of the last few AC/DC albums. Some fans will dig it, others won't and the band will tour. It's predictable and boring.

And not for nothing, but if and when a new album with Brian drops, I know I won't be alone in thinking "Song's cool and all, but I wonder what it would've been like with Axl's vocals.".

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:29 pm

They should do a double disc with both doing lead vocals on one.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just think at this point with Axl proving himself capable on tour and being a marquee name, a new album with him on vocals would be at least interesting, even if it's in a train wreck sort of way. Not to slag on Brian, but a new album with him will be met with the same "meh" attitude of the last few AC/DC albums. Some fans will dig it, others won't and the band will tour. It's predictable and boring.

And not for nothing, but if and when a new album with Brian drops, I know I won't be alone in thinking "Song's cool and all, but I wonder what it would've been like with Axl's vocals.".

What most likely will be completely boring, is the set list that AC/DC has been cranking out for like forever. The coolest thing about Axl being in the band, was some of the songs they pulled out during his tour with the band. Such as:

Riff Raff
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Touch Too Much
If You Want Blood, You've Got It
Dog Eat Dog
Live Wire
Problem Child
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

What most likely will be completely boring, is the set list that AC/DC has been cranking out for like forever. The coolest thing about Axl being in the band, was some of the songs they pulled out during his tour with the band. Such as:

Riff Raff
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Touch Too Much
Dog Eat Dog
Live Wire
Problem Child

Those are some of my favorite AC/DC songs.  I can't believe they hadn't been doing Touch Too Much or If You Want Blood.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Riff Raff
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Touch Too Much
Dog Eat Dog
Live Wire
Problem Child

Those are some of my favorite AC/DC songs.  I can't believe they hadn't been doing Touch Too Much or If You Want Blood.

If You Want Blood You've Got It (summer of 2016 was first time since 2003)
Touch Too Much (summer of 2016 was first time since 1979)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 pm

OK, I meant I couldn't believe AC/DC wasn't playing those songs, not that I didn't believe you when you said they hadn't been.  lol!

Regardless, it's still pretty amazing to me that they dropped those songs from their set.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 pm

They haven't released a good album in over 25 years. I doubt this new album will change that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK, I meant I couldn't believe AC/DC wasn't playing those songs, not that I didn't believe you when you said they hadn't been.  lol!

Regardless, it's still pretty amazing to me that they dropped those songs from their set.

I was just giving you some clarification on how long it had been. It's criminal that "Touch Too Much" hadn't been played since 1979
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 pm

I agree!

That has to be in my top 10 list of Favorite AC/DC Songs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 8:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Black Ice and Rock or Bust are decent but boring albums. They haven't had any hit songs or "new classics" since Razors Edge. They've been on cruise control for years putting out mediocre music. Not to mention that Brian's voice is shot! His grit is completely gone... while Axl has actually made big improvements in recent years.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Honestly, I just wish they'd call it a day.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 pm

I admit I am one of the naysayers who said Axl was a terrible choice, blah blah blah, and I am happy to say Axl proved me wrong. He was great and the fact he got the band to add a few lost Bon Scott classics to the set is amazing.

That being said a new album with Axl would be interesting, but I prefer to have Brian Johnson back in the vocal spot for the band's last go around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next