Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"

Go down 
+32
ShadowAngel
mc666
muckie
metalinmyveins
chewie
tohostudios
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Runicen
akeldama
James B.
Addy
BubbaTwoSix
corplhicks
Gilbert
Vexer6
666_Evil_666
Hadley
Required Fields
glassprison
thejokeriv
nevermore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Glower
MetalGuy71
Lari
manny
MoonChild
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
At this point, I'd rather have Axl sing! Brian's voice is weak and his hearing is shot. There's a reason they dismissed him on the last tour...
I guess Angus thinks that having as many familiar faces as possible involved will satisfy their fickle fans. The band probably has only a couple more albums left in them, so I think it would be a better choice to take the vocals to another level with Axl.

Didn't Johnson step down? And his voice has always been weak, in that it's awful, but it fits the music well, and it fits much better than Axl's currently awful voice. I'll admit, Axl did much better than probably anyone expected, but if you had to choose, who the hell picks Axl?

Johnson sounded great (for him) on Black Ice, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 am

Axl should focus on doing a new GNR album. Now that is what we need.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
At this point, I'd rather have Axl sing! Brian's voice is weak and his hearing is shot. There's a reason they dismissed him on the last tour...
I guess Angus thinks that having as many familiar faces as possible involved will satisfy their fickle fans. The band probably has only a couple more albums left in them, so I think it would be a better choice to take the vocals to another level with Axl.

I just think at this point with Axl proving himself capable on tour and being a marquee name, a new album with him on vocals would be at least interesting, even if it's in a train wreck sort of way. Not to slag on Brian, but a new album with him will be met with the same "meh" attitude of the last few AC/DC albums. Some fans will dig it, others won't and the band will tour. It's predictable and boring.

And not for nothing, but if and when a new album with Brian drops, I know I won't be alone in thinking "Song's cool and all, but I wonder what it would've been like with Axl's vocals.".

Black Ice and Rock or Bust are decent but boring albums. They haven't had any hit songs or "new classics" since Razors Edge. They've been on cruise control for years putting out mediocre music. Not to mention that Brian's voice is shot! His grit is completely gone... while Axl has actually made big improvements in recent years.

I agree with this. Their most recent releases have been ok but nothing spectacular. At this point I'm not even sure Axl could make an interesting album with them. I think I'd like to find out though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Didn't Johnson step down? And his voice has always been weak, in that it's awful, but it fits the music well, and it fits much better than Axl's currently awful voice. I'll admit, Axl did much better than probably anyone expected, but if you had to choose, who the hell picks Axl?

You think Brian's voice was weak on Back In Black or For Those About To Rock? I don't think so! But because of his old age, he has lost the grit. Axl is actually a pretty good singer imo... he is capable of different vocal styles.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:55 am

And now Angus and Stevie spotted at the studio:

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Img_9004

As AC/DC fans continue to speculate about the band's plans for new music, a photograph of co-founder Angus Young at a Vancouver recording studio has surfaced.

Journalist Steve Newton has published an image of the iconic rocker and his nephew, rhythm guitarist Stevie Young, having a smoke break on the outside deck of The Warehouse taken by fans Crystal Lambert and Glenn Slavens, who previously captured a photo of singer Brian Johnson and drummer Phil Rudd in the same location
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You think Brian's voice was weak on Back In Black or For Those About To Rock? I don't think so! But because of his old age, he has lost the grit. Axl is actually a pretty good singer imo... he is capable of different vocal styles.

Nah, I'm just saying his voice is pretty awful, always has been, but it works well with the music. Like Udo, you know.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Nah, I'm just saying his voice is pretty awful, always has been, but it works well with the music. Like Udo, you know.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am

Rumor is going nuts with the guys being spotted together
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 am

I liked Brian Johnson's voice, in his former band Geordie, you can truly hear what an amazing range he had, even if Geordie was not an exactly an amazing band.

Over the decades, he smokes, age and probably not singing properly has taken its toll on Brian Johnson's voice, but hell, the man has been the voice of AC/DC since 1980.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7